Now its time to be realistic

zolayes

Lots of great thoughts in this thread. Optimistic thoughts. That's nice to read because it's nothing like we hear or read anywhere outside Chelsea nation. What we hear about outside is all of the problems of Chelsea Football Club. AVB is in a precarious spot. We've got this incredible group of young players who will be the foundation of Chelsea football for years to come, but some of them are still not experienced enough and playing them would put our club at risk of another bad season (by our standards).

What I want to see is the blueprint for Chelsea's future on the field. If someone isn't in our long-term plans, I don't want to see them. We have a good enough club that we can start to introduce our younger generation without risking a trophy-less season. Hell, our younger guys could help give the older guys a little motivation and fire if things aren't going well.

McEachran doesn't appear to be ready, so we'll stay with Lamps and see if we can bring in Modric (or someone similar). We also need to make abundantly clear that Fernando Torres is our striker. The way we switch back and forth between him and Drogba isn't good for either of them. One is pissed he's on the bench, the other plays scared because he could get pulled at a moment's notice.

The problem with Chelsea is that we aren't a club that gets to have "transition years." We are required to have a sustained level of success because that's the only way we can keep attracting the best players, and it's the only way to keep the Chelsea brand marketable, a financial requirement of the club since ticket sales put us at a disadvantage. I hope that things can go our way this year. That we can begin to insert the future of CFC while also playing at a high level and bringing home a trophy to help alleviate the pressure AVB is under.

Apologies for the seemingly random thoughts.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope that Roman will give AVB time to develop the team over the next few years. When AVB was offered the job he must have explained his long term plans for the squad and what needed to happen. I will be happy with top 3 right now and a possible cup as I can see that the team is in transition. The introduction of Mata, Sturridge, McEachran, Romeu (and a creative central midfield playmaker) as important 1st team players over the next 18 months will refresh the squad in the long term.

I just hope that Roman will give AVB time to develop the team over the next few years. When AVB was offered the job he must have explained his long term plans for the squad and what needed to happen. I will be happy with top 3 right now and a possible cup as I can see that the team is in transition. The introduction of Mata, Sturridge, McEachran, Romeu (and a creative central midfield playmaker) as important 1st team players over the next 18 months will refresh the squad in the long term.

Thats what Im worried about if we dont win anything..but play the youth over time that he'll stick get the flick.Hopfully the Board will realise that will do nothing for the club really but never know.The squad now need time!