Now its time to be realistic

zolayes

I am delighted with the signings we've made and should be even better if we get Modric or a different playmaker.

I would suggest we temper our excitement. The season ahead still won't be easy , I think we should still look

on the next two seasons as transition periods. Our squad was ageing badly and the changes needed are nt

going to be achieved simply. It is possible Mata will take time to adjust as might our other signings.

I remember the euphoria which greeted the signings of Sheva and Torres ,, Not wanting to be a wet blanket

merely warning of getting over excited. Third place ....any trophy and progress would make for an excellent season.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am delighted with the signings we've made and should be even better if we get Modric or a different playmaker.

I would suggest we temper our excitement. The season ahead still won't be easy , I think we should still look

on the next two seasons as transition periods. Our squad was ageing badly and the changes needed are nt

going to be achieved simply. It is possible Mata will take time to adjust as might our other signings.

I remember the euphoria which greeted the signings of Sheva and Torres ,, Not wanting to be a wet blanket

merely warning of getting over excited. Third place ....any trophy and progress would make for an excellent season.

Good post. I just want to see us have some sort of plan for now and the future and at the very least compete seriously even if we don't win anything.

Guest justin_3d

Not bad.

But question is will Roman accept the transition period?

That was the excuse thrown around for Carlo and he got sack.....

Why are we shitting ourself's based on United and City's opening two games?

If the opening 2 games was a boremeter to how the season was going to go we would have won the quad last season smashing every footballing record in the book.

I know what you mean but i seriously believe that we have good variation. I look at our young players and i just see players with character and ability. I think Mata will find the runs of Torres and Sturridge at a canter this season, Also i think Lukaku will be a penalty box monster in 2 years time. Then we have Josh who i rate highly ! The next generation of Chelsea players are being formed.

Why are we shitting ourself's based on United and City's opening two games?

If the opening 2 games was a boremeter to how the season was going to go we would have won the quad last season smashing every footballing record in the book.

I can agree with that too.

Nothing is close, but if this season we cant compete with City and United until the end(And im 99% belive we can),

so its not the end of the world. You dont bring a manager like AVB for one amazing season, i want to belive

that Roman got him to build something here. His football is different than Mou's and Carlo's, and we will have new

players, so it can take some time. Still, like i said, im optimistic about us this season. But only if Modric will come.

Hey, after watching man city play, i know they score goals, but they dont have winnig mentality like us! And about MANURE they can be beaten! Sturridge is on another level from welbeck! Josh is iniesta and xavi combined, while ckeverly is like scholes! Hope you guys understand me>

I don't think this is our season, even if we do get Modric. I think we left stuff to late, however I want to see improvement, and a trophy would be great. If AVB finishes top 4, I want him to stay and get stability and good backing, otherwise this club will never move forward. City play great football,as do United. Liverpool will probably do better than us this season if we don't sign a midfielder.

Welbeck is benefitng from playing in the position he has been playing all his life.

Sturidge is being converted into a RW and there are going to be growing pains along the way. He isn't going to play through the middle like he has done most of his young career.

You all know I rate McEachran very highly and he is without doubt our future but Cleverly is 3 years older and has way more experience.

Man Utd fans will no doubt claim their two players are better and we will obviously say ours are better. For the record I really like Welbeck and think he will be a England international for a long time...hopefully so will Sturridge.

Hey, after watching man city play, i know they score goals, but they dont have winnig mentality like us! And about MANURE they can be beaten! Sturridge is on another level from welbeck! Josh is iniesta and xavi combined, while ckeverly is like scholes! Hope you guys understand me>

that is exactly what I'm warning against .. Josh is a great PROSPECT ..not the finished article and Sturridge isnt yet an Aguerro

Great post

Like I said on the other thread. Our priority this season should be the rebuilding of the squad. If the transitional period comes at the expense of winning trophies then so be it as the benefit will outweigh the risk in the long run. If by the end of may the likes of Josh, Sturridge and Betrand have not been given ample game time (18+ appearance minimum) then we should consider this season a failure.. . .that is the target we have to set for the next two seasons.

I don't even think Cleverly is good enough at all, he wad pretty average today and in west Brom match. I can't see a great player in him, but since Ferguson is playing him I'm probs wrong.

I trust in AvB. I'm not being over optimistic, but winning the league is not an impossible mission. Last season we finished second, now we have a new manager with new ideas and new vision.

Mata + Modric are the only things we really need right now. I'm confident that our performances will significantly improve with them in the team. Remember, last season we won 6-0 in the opening game and then in the game after that, but later on it turned out to be a terrible season.