Marcelo Bielsa as coach of A. Bilbao

Guest justin_3d

As I said, the real gamble should have been on Bielsa and not AVB.

AVB don't got enough experience to lead such a team.

Bielsa had it's up and down. He failed badly in the WC with Argentina. But he managed to get back up.

Hiddink failed in Spain with Madrid but he got back up.

Those experience help a lot.

AVB has nothing to fall back, so it is why he was so naive and arrogant from the beginning.

He will learn a lot from this season, and if he gets back up he will just become a better manager.

A gamble is a gamble Justin, no one knew anything, for all you know AVB could of came bought some players and we could of been challenging for the title and already won the carling cup, unfortunately it was no where near that. I don't think Bielsa is too much of a gamble to be honest, but then again who the hell knows, would you reckon he's smart enough to come in and demand players?, i fucking hope so, that's if he ever did become the manager of Chelsea.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVB's Porto were great last season and look how shit we were with him. Some managers are simply just made for smaller clubs.

Porto are a much better team than Chelsea

Hulk-Falcao-Varela (or what ever his name is)

that's a quality front three, fast paced full of idea's, Chelsea's isn't, it's full of players who are old and playing in the wrong position, the biggest mistake was not getting AVB, the biggest mistake was not buying players.

No he was not ready!!!!

Bielsa is.

I think to play this kind of football, we need players with flair, that can actually pass... right now we only have Mata.

If Bielsa came in and made 1-2 subs i don't think he will succeed here.

A gamble is a gamble Justin, no one knew anything, for all you know AVB could of came bought some players and we could of been challenging for the title and already won the carling cup, unfortunately it was no where near that. I don't think Bielsa is too much of a gamble to be honest, but then again who the hell knows, would you reckon he's smart enough to come in and demand players?, i fucking hope so, that's if he ever did become the manager of Chelsea.

True that.

And the only reason I liked Bielsa more then AVB was because he uses more youth.

In Chile he was one of the main reason why Chile exploded with young talent.

We had the right infrastructure, and AVB failed to used much of them.

Fucking hell, I'm impressed by Bilbao. They've been bossing Manu at Old Traford for almost the whole match. I would be happy if we brought Bielsa even though he would be a risk. Certainly better then Capello, Benitez and co...

Lovely football.

Fucking hell, I'm impressed by Bilbao. They've been bossing Manu at Old Traford for almost the whole match. I would be happy if we brought Bielsa even though he would be a risk. Certainly better then Capello, Benitez and co...

:goodpost:

And bring Javi Martinez, Llorente and Munian with him! :blue scalf:

I'd like it noted.. André played the same way with Porto in the same competition last season. Just sayin'

I gave an article to terry07 how Bielsa had the same problem at Bilbao like AVB had at Chelsea.

The difference is that Bielsa turn it around, and of course Bilbao is less pressure then Chelsea.

So that most have gave him a good lesson.

I'd like it noted.. André played the same way with Porto in the same competition last season. Just sayin'

I was going to say the same thing. It won't matter unless he brings technically better players in, and shift out many of our current players.