Marcelo Bielsa as coach of A. Bilbao

Guest justin_3d

Right about what?

That you are comparing a 34 year AVB to an experience manager like Bielsa?

bahahahahaa

Keep thinking with your delusional ways, cause is great show biz!

Age is irrelevant here. Everything you see in this man is what everyone saw in André, rightly so too. The fact is, even Bielsa is powerless to the powers that be in this club (the players). What you think he'll be allowed to ship off the old guard or even control them? No he won't. You think he'll be allowed to bring in all his targets? No he won't.

I don't deny what you see in the man. I deny what you think he can achieve, because he'll face the same problems.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Age is irrelevant here. Everything you see in this man is what everyone saw in André, rightly so too. The fact is, even Bielsa is powerless to the powers that be in this club (the players). What you think he'll be allowed to ship off the old guard or even control them? No he won't. You think he'll be allowed to bring in all his targets? No he won't.

I don't deny what you see in the man. I deny what you think he can achieve, because he'll face the same problems.

The last time I will say it and won't repeat myself.

Making comparison with a manager that barely got 2 years of experience with a manager of nearly 2 decades is laughable and delusional.

But I will leave you with this. AVB Porto style, was never replicated in different teams.

Look at Bielsa team and see how his style has gone to each club and team he managed?

Success is measured when the same results are proven right over and over again.

AVB came and never proved that. Mourinho came and proved it in 3 different teams.

So again any 1 else that comes with the same excuse is about as delusional as Liverpool fans!

The last time I will say it and won't repeat myself.

Making comparison with a manager that barely got 2 years of experience with a manager of nearly 2 decades is laughable and delusional.

But I will leave you with this. AVB Porto style, was never replicated in different teams.

Look at Bielsa team and see how his style has gone to each club and team he managed?

Success is measured when the same results are proven right over and over again.

AVB came and never proved that. Mourinho came and proved it in 3 different teams.

So again any 1 else that comes with the same excuse is about as delusional as Liverpool fans!

Okay so let's talk about his managerial record then shall we?

I see his resumé and he's coached Argentina, Espanyol and Chile.

Argentina: Qualified for the 2002 World Cup, didn't go through round 1. Runners up in the 2004 Copa America, Gold in 2004 Olympics. That's fair.

Chile: Helped them reach the 2010 World Cup, had a good clear out of the old players, brought in young ones. That was positive and he got them playing good football. Can't comment about the style, didn't watch them play much. Perhaps you'll fill in the blanks?

Espanyol: Left quickly because Argies came calling.

Well hang on;

Scolari saved Brazil from almost not qualifying for the 2002 World Cup, to winning the thing. He reached the Euro 2004 final.

He took Portugal to the 2006 World Cup semi-final & Euro 2008 KO round.

--

Do you see at what I'm getting at here? I respect what Bielsa has done. But the 'project' at Chelsea is bigger than a coach who will try to command authority like Scolari, Villas-Boas and Bielsa. This is because the coach, at this club, has a difficult job right from the beginning. He has to sort out the old guard, he has to convince the club to buy the players that he wants bought and he has to deliver straight away.

You're calling us delusional because we believe Bielsa will face the same problems as Villas-Boas and you're claiming his age & experience will allow him to rise above that? Well Scolari couldn't, at all.

Too many people want Mourinho back, so they can't realize that there are other candidates out there who are qualified. Also, whoever said age is irrelevant in coaching, really? -.-" Most people were giving AVB hell because he was "inexperienced".

Some people gave Villas-Boas hell. Most of us agreed he should be given time to grow and adapt to the league.

Okay so let's talk about his managerial record then shall we?

I see his resumé and he's coached Argentina, Espanyol and Chile.

Argentina: Qualified for the 2002 World Cup, didn't go through round 1. Runners up in the 2004 Copa America, Gold in 2004 Olympics. That's fair.

Chile: Helped them reach the 2010 World Cup, had a good clear out of the old players, brought in young ones. That was positive and he got them playing good football. Can't comment about the style, didn't watch them play much. Perhaps you'll fill in the blanks?

Espanyol: Left quickly because Argies came calling.

Well hang on;

Scolari saved Brazil from almost not qualifying for the 2002 World Cup, to winning the thing. He reached the Euro 2004 final.

He took Portugal to the 2006 World Cup semi-final & Euro 2008 KO round.

--

Do you see at what I'm getting at here? I respect what Bielsa has done. But the 'project' at Chelsea is bigger than a coach who will try to command authority like Scolari, Villas-Boas and Bielsa. This is because the coach, at this club, has a difficult job right from the beginning. He has to sort out the old guard, he has to convince the club to buy the players that he wants bought and he has to deliver straight away.

You're calling us delusional because we believe Bielsa will face the same problems as Villas-Boas and you're claiming his age & experience will allow him to rise above that? Well Scolari couldn't, at all.

I stop reading after you only mention these 3 teams. There was more, in fact he came more into fame for his exploit in Velez Sarsfield. That gave him the big step to Argentina, and then everything is history.

I called you delusional cause you dare to compare AVB managerial experience with Bielsa.

Now you throw Scolari. That's a different story and had nothing to do with what you said before.

I stop reading after you only mention these 3 teams. There was more, in fact he came more into fame for his exploit in Velez Sarsfield. That gave him the big step to Argentina, and then everything is history.

I called you delusional cause you dare to compare AVB managerial experience with Bielsa.

Now you throw Scolari. That's a different story and had nothing to do with what you said before.

You're missing my point.

I'm not doubting his credentials, I'm not saying he wouldn't succeed at a top club. However, with the way Chelsea is set up now, Bielsa is powerless to help us, even his strong character is not enough to change the paradigms of this squad.

You're missing my point.

I'm not doubting his credentials, I'm not saying he wouldn't succeed at a top club. However, with the way Chelsea is set up now, Bielsa is powerless to help us, even his strong character is not enough to change the paradigms of this squad.

In that point you might be right.

Cause the AVB comparisons where just a blatant disrespect to Bielsa's managerial career.

However as you pointed out "the way Chelsea is set up now" meaning that there will be major changes this summer?

If that's the case then whats the problem?

Plus I always stated how I wanted a manager that risk more youth.

Bielsa is by far one of the fewest top managers in the world that infuses more youth into the starting team.

LMAO

That was embarrassing.

When people speak out of their own ass, they end up looking like a fool! :lol:

Bielsa is way better than AVB. The portuguese was a overrated one, but since became our manager was praised as a great one by some fans.

But Bielsa is not the kind of guy that would succeed here.

European coaches are always way overrated.

Has a lot to do also with the ridiculous English press that overrates their league and mediocre national team!

Bielsa has a good thing going at Bilbao, he should just stay there and wait for the Barca or Madrid job.

Bielsa had good things going at other teams as well.

He does not have to stay.

He was just there to prove a point, that what he did in South America can also be done in European football.

But agree Barcelona will soon come calling for him. Although I won't be surprised if City ask for him, cause City is building up a team that can play his style with Silva and Co.

Bielsa had good things going at other teams as well.

He does not have to stay.

He was just there to prove a point, that what he did in South America can also be done in European football.

But agree Barcelona will soon come calling for him. Although I won't be surprised if City ask for him, cause City is building up a team that can play his style with Silva and Co.

Man city don't need to replace Mancini, they're top of the league! Only reason they should consider that is if Mourinho becomes available.

Back to Bielsa, Pep or Jose will leave soon, he has a good chance to manage one of the best teams in the world.

No point in coming to Chelsea and having to replace the vast majority of the squad, before being able to play his way.

Man city don't need to replace Mancini, they're top of the league! Only reason they should consider that is if Mourinho becomes available.

Back to Bielsa, Pep or Jose will leave soon, he has a good chance to manage one of the best teams in the world.

No point in coming to Chelsea and having to replace the vast majority of the squad, before being able to play his way.

Mancini is a mediocre manager!

If I was the owner of City I would take Bielsa in a heartbeat over Mourinho.

But heck, they are free to do whatever they want just like Roman does.

And yes, a lot of fans from Barcelona that I speak to as well say that would love to have Bielsa after Pep leaves.

But I always thought that his style could suit the EPL style equally. And that the only team where he can build his dynasty was City, cause their owner is more patient and intelligent then ours!

Mancini is a mediocre manager!

If I was the owner of City I would take Bielsa in a heartbeat over Mourinho.

But heck, they are free to do whatever they want just like Roman does.

And yes, a lot of fans from Barcelona that I speak to as well say that would love to have Bielsa after Pep leaves.

But I always thought that his style could suit the EPL style equally. And that the only team where he can build his dynasty was City, cause their owner is more patient and intelligent then ours!

And this is why they will not fire Mancini, he might be mediocre, but he has a great team and manages to keep them all focused on the task ahead and could very well win their first premier league title for them come may.

Maybe Bielsa will go to Man utd :lol: :lol:

And this is why they will not fire Mancini, he might be mediocre, but he has a great team and manages to keep them all focused on the task ahead and could very well win their first premier league title for them come may.

Maybe Bielsa will go to Man utd :lol: :lol:

:goodpost:

BTW speaking about Mourinho and Bielsa moving this is the latest:

Bielsa sólo negociaría con Abramovich

http://www.marca.com/2012/03/10/futbol/equipos/athletic/1331375118.html

Mourinho is a man in demand, and his recent house-hunting in London had fuelled speculation that he would make a return to England.

But the paper quotes the 49-year-old insisting he is happy in Madrid and keen to continue in

Spain.

"I am going to sign a new contract with Real Madrid," Mourinho said. "I would like to have a place in the club’s history.

"Real Madrid and I share a project and we are going to carry on with it. Being part of this team is a fantastic and unforgettable experience for a manager like me.

"Madrid is one of the biggest clubs in the world and I feel happy here. I feel they trust me here and I feel I have the complete support of the directors and all the fans.

"I see my future as achieving more things with Real Madrid and better results that lead to us winning trophies."

Still in London, Chelsea have apparently had two approaches to Athletic Bilbao boss

Marcelo Bielsa rejected because the Spaniard will only speak with owner Roman Abramovich (The Mirror).

Bielsa impressed when he lead his side to victory over

Manchester United in the Europa League earlier in the week but has reportedly told Chelsea that he does not talk to “people representing other people”.

:lol: Love Bielsa, what a character!