Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Also, quarterback is easily the most important and difficult position to find in the NFL while keeper is the least important and easiest to find in football. (I'm not saying it doesn't matter, but teams can win with poor keepers and great defences can make mediocre keepers look great.).

I don't think you can win the biggest prizes without having a solid keeper in your team.

Just look at the last 10 UCL winners...every team had a solid and/or top-class #1 keeper.

I don't think you can win the biggest prizes without having a solid keeper in your team.

Just look at the last 10 UCL winners...every team had a solid and/or top-class #1 keeper.

Valdez solid or top-class?! :blink:

No...just NO.

I don't think Valdes has ever been a great keeper. He's been right for Barcelona because he can move the ball well, but on a team like Chelsea, he would have been only OK.

Mourinho says we have the best goalkeeper in the world in Petr Cech and the best young goalkeeper in the world in Thibaut Courtois.

Jose Mourinho on Thibaut Courtois: "We control the situation. Not Atletico. Not Barcelona" :getin::D

May I ask, how does Jose controls the situation ?

Is he going to bring him to Chelsea next year & him or Cech will sit on the bench or is he going to loan him out again ?

You'd like that wouldn't you

As a Belgian I'd prefer him to be first keeper at Barca rather than struggle for a spot with Cech, who is equally great, yes. Is that a crime?

The fact Chelsea put an actual price tag on his head (and 24 mil is not an impossible price) tells me they're at least considering his departure.

This is what Courtois says in the same article: 'I feel great in Spain and I would like to stay here. I prefer the Primera Division to the Premier League. I'm not planning on warming the bench anywhere, even if it's at Chelsea. Becoming first choice for Barcelona is an opportunity no one would refuse.'

Seems pretty clear to me.

Chelsea and Mourinho are the ones deciding where he'll go next year, but tell me, how many clubs kept a player wanted by practically the entire world, while they couldn't even guarantee hem a spot in the team? Man Utd couldn't keep Ronaldo when he wanted to leave, Milan couldn't keep Kaka, Arsenal couldn't keep anyone. The options are either making a clear choice or destroying a lot of player value by keeping an unhappy talent.

The fact Chelsea put an actual price tag on his head (and 24 mil is not an impossible price) tells me they're at least considering his departure.

Sorry, has anyone from CFC come out and said, "we want 'x' much for Courtois"? You're making things up.

As a Belgian I'd prefer him to be first keeper at Barca rather than struggle for a spot with Cech, who is equally great, yes. Is that a crime?

This is what Courtois says in the same article: 'I feel great in Spain and I would like to stay here. I prefer the Primera Division to the Premier League. I'm not planning on warming the bench anywhere, even if it's at Chelsea. Becoming first choice for Barcelona is an opportunity no one would refuse.'

Chelsea and Mourinho are the ones deciding where he'll go next year, but tell me, how many clubs kept a player wanted by practically the entire world, while they couldn't even guarantee hem a spot in the team? Man Utd couldn't keep Ronaldo when he wanted to leave, Milan couldn't keep Kaka, Arsenal couldn't keep anyone. The options are either making a clear choice or destroying a lot of player value by keeping an unhappy talent.

Personally, I believe you are very clear on the whole matter.

24m price is telling me, pay us 24m & Courtois is yours.

Sorry, has anyone from CFC come out and said, "we want 'x' much for Courtois"? You're making things up.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20131018_035

The newspapers might be making things up. I'm just readin'. ,-)

In the 'we are in control' article Mourinho also says:

'We could also make a good financial deal, because both goalies are very valuable'.

Read between the lines.

Mourinho says we have the best goalkeeper in the world in Petr Cech and the best young goalkeeper in the world in Thibaut Courtois.

Jose Mourinho on Thibaut Courtois: "We control the situation. Not Atletico. Not Barcelona" :getin::D

Thats not true, if he had a contract for 4-5 years then i would agree, but since he only have 2 years left courtois has alot to say about his future, if he rufuse to sign a new contract we have to let him go for free, i quess some serious talking has to be done soon

I would love it if he stay's here at chelsea but we still got a worldclass keeper aswell

No, it's not a crime.. just post this stuff on neutral football boards instead. It's obvious you want the best for Belgian players; I don't think you care about Chelsea much

No, it's not a crime.. just post this stuff on neutral football boards instead. It's obvious you want the best for Belgian players; I don't think you care about Chelsea much

Excuse me, where do you read he does not care about Chelsea ?

Please, take your time though.

Also, quarterback is easily the most important and difficult position to find in the NFL while keeper is the least important and easiest to find in football. (I'm not saying it doesn't matter, but teams can win with poor keepers and great defences can make mediocre keepers look great.).

That wasn't the case with Ross Turnbull, poor keepers will instinctively make the defense more cautious knowing their is an error in the keeper.

Also keepers that are good behind poor defenses and usually not as good when they have a good defense, Shay Given the perfect example.