Villain of the Season

Really?

If Roman hadn't of sacked Jose then he wouldn't of had to employ Grant, let alone on a 3 year deal!

Sacking Mourinho was not a mistake. There is not club in the world that can stand Mourinho for more than 3 years.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacking Mourinho was not a mistake. There is not club in the world that can stand Mourinho for more than 3 years.

I sort of see where you're coming from but I also disagree. To let go of a man like Jose was a massive blow, but we could see it was a power struggle and it would have been messier had it gone on longer.

Villain of the season is harsh though, as much as some of the decisions he makes, make me scratch my head but look where he has got us... we've got to be grateful really... Under the circumstances we have a very good owner :blue scalf:

I have come to accept that Chelsea is very much Abramovich's team, nothing else. If we are going to be a billionaires golden child we might as well do it right. Spend your money Roman, bring us the worlds best. As long as your not going to let youth foster into starters, give us the best.

Ever since the big 5 of the early 90's pushed for better tv deals (for themselves of course [Chelsea not being one of the 5]), football was set on this course. You may have been the first billionaire, setting the trend for others, but it is in no way Chelsea 'fault' that football has become this way.

Essentially I do agree with the 'fuck off' bit & most of you're post.

However just some things that I would question & the first being Jose. His sacking was undoubtedly the reason why we find ourselves in this unfortunate predicament we are in now. I couldn't give a flying fuck who didn't like us back then nor could 90 odd percent of our fans, they didn't like us because we were successful, we broke up the dynasty of Scum U & Arse so they didn't like it but hatred & jealousy come hand in hand when you get to the top, Jose got us there & yeah sometimes he went a little over the top but there was a always a reason behind it & that was to shield his players. Jose would of built a footballing dynasty at our club if Roman would of left him to run things his way. It was also misleading about the type of football we played under him, sure he could of been more expansive at times but his hands were tied when we had Robben, Duff & Joey Cole injured.

Avram Grant had a 3 year contract & was given compensation after his sacking - it was not a temporary appointment.

Sacking Wilkins was another major Roman blunder imho, we had a collapse after his departure - one that probably cost us the title, agree wholeheartedly about this.

The main problem we have with Roman is the meddling, if we are to progress to another level he has to keep his fingers out of the pie & let the new man run it his way. We don't need another 'yes man' we need another Jose who won't let his superiors interfere.

Roman wants only the best for our club, I genuinely hope he also has learned from his mistakes & now employs the right man to take us forward but I think we may have to wait a year for that.

Unfortunately football clubs are not just about football any more , a big club has to have a huge fan-base then some big marketing plan and sponsorship deals which all depends on your popularity .

With Jose Mourinho , we were a great team on the field , we had our best spell with him but even then he didn't win us many fans ..... after he was sacked and specially during the start of scolari's era and during ancelotti's days , i have seen a lot of people here in Egypt starting to like chelsea and then they are blue fans , they liked the 5-0 score lines , they liked our game-play .

Mourinho now or may be even in the future will be the right man for chelsea as we have already established our selves as a big team but back then we needed to sack him to win more football lovers who hated the enemy of football ( btw i love the man but that's what he was called by many people back then ).

Really ?? are we gonna discuss grant ?? i don't care if he signed 10 years , 3 years or 6 months contract because back then there was one thing i was 100% sure of and that was he would leave at the end of that year . and it wasn't just me everyone knew that grant was just a temporary solution after Jose's sacking .

And about sacking wilkins , yes he didn't deserve the sack but unless you know the circumstances and reasons for the sack then you can't have a fair judgement .

tamp='1307149631' post='225385']

Ask the players at Chelsea & Inter who they would prefer as their manager? The owners & players were distraught when he decided to leave Inter & its been well documented our players at the time were in tears when he got the sack. Jose's sacking was without questuon Roman's biggest mistake since his tenure.

Unfortunately football clubs are not just about football any more , a big club has to have a huge fan-base then some big marketing plan and sponsorship deals which all depends on your popularity .

With Jose Mourinho , we were a great team on the field , we had our best spell with him but even then he didn't win us many fans ..... after he was sacked and specially during the start of scolari's era and during ancelotti's days , i have seen a lot of people here in Egypt starting to like chelsea and then they are blue fans , they liked the 5-0 score lines , they liked our game-play .

Mourinho now or may be even in the future will be the right man for chelsea as we have already established our selves as a big team but back then we needed to sack him to win more football lovers who hated the enemy of football ( btw i love the man but that's what he was called by many people back then ).

Really ?? are we gonna discuss grant ?? i don't care if he signed 10 years , 3 years or 6 months contract because back then there was one thing i was 100% sure of and that was he would leave at the end of that year . and it wasn't just me everyone knew that grant was just a temporary solution after Jose's sacking .

And about sacking wilkins , yes he didn't deserve the sack but unless you know the circumstances and reasons for the sack then you can't have a fair judgement .

Well back here in Hampshire, England our popularity grew when Jose came & won us our first Premier league trophy, you are not discussing a topic with someone who has been supporting the club since Roman took over, I've been a fan for 40 years & seen all the shit & dark days in that time from the best player ever - Zola to the best ever manager - Mourinho. We started to grow again when Hoddle came in & were then taken further by Gullit then Vialli, had stagnant stage under Ranieri but we took off under Jose. We would be growing even bigger if he was still around because success breeds it & he would of delivered the CL by now. Young fans aren't bothered about how we win things, they jump on board mainly to support the side who is winning trophies & with Jose in the seat we would always do that.

If you & everyone else knew that Grant's appointment was only a temporary one then why didn't you inform Roman, it could of saved him about 6m in compensation!

As for Wilkins you are correct in the fact that there might be other legitimate circumstances that we are not party to but my opinion is based on what I know not what you & the rest of us don't. So on that basis I can have a fair judgement & it just so happens you said the same yourself!!!

Fuck OFF !!!!!

Enough with the Roman bashing !!

Roman Abrahimovic is by all means a great man and a great owner as well , Let's discuss his so called mistakes :

1) The sacking of the special one :

Here is the obvious what most of the people think , How can you sack the special one ?? a manager who got you 2 EPLs in 3 years ?? the man who made chelsea champions ??

Mourinho is without a doubt a great manager but back then Chelsea was a newly big team and needed to gain popularity and supporters and with mourinho it's almost guaranteed that would have never happened with the required rate as he was " the enemy of football " , may be he has changed a bit now but as much as i love the guy and he was the main reason i started supporting chelsea but i have to admit back then he was such a pain in the ass that we were gaining more haters than lovers .

Another factor is his Football tactics , as mentioned before we needed more popularity and our game approach under Jose would never win you any fans , to be honest there was a lot of games under Jose that i who is a huge chelsea fan was bored watching the game , so how do you expect to win new fans .

2)The sacking of Avram grant :

i don't even to discuss that but i will as he is one of the so called 7 sacked managers .

Grant was here on a temporary basis and the agreement between him and the club was pretty clear that he would leave at the end of that season

3)The sacking of scolari :

Another so called sacked manager

Scolari deserved the sack , in fact he owned the sack he was a disaster and sacking him was the right thing to do other-wise we would have been humiliated back then just like the humiliation we had this season due to the lateness of carlo's sacking.

4)Hiddink :

Another man who was here on temporary basis and left at the end of the season .

5)The sacking of ray wilkins :

A great coach and assistant , carlo praised him and he was a great help for carlo

this man in my opinion is the only one who didn't deserve the sack , but i don't know the circumstances or the reasons of the sacking .

6) the sacking of Ancelotti :

he is a decent man , whom everyone loved and respected . he won the double in his 1st season and was the runner-up in 2nd one , how can you sack him ??and the team even played their best football under him scoring 103 goals 1st season

• the fact that we won the double means nothing to me because of the reasons and way we won it , if grant was still here he would ve won the double with the squad we had last year , the gap in squad strength and depth between us and our nearest challengers (man utd) was so big that we should have won that league 7 or 8 weeks before it's end , but even then we had to win the league by a difference of 1 point at the last game of the season .
  • Only under Carlo Ancelotti chelsea became not a force to reckon in europe , even during our worst seasons before carlo ( 2007-2008 , 2008-2009 ) we were in the final and in the semis , yes we lost but we weren't humiliated or looked clueless as we looked with carlo against inter and man utd .

• in fact it's not just about UCL , before carlo ancelotti we could ve faced any team in the world even the great barca without feeling we are not equally favorites , we fans and players always looked pretty confident that whoever we faced we could win but with carlo it was more of the opposite as we have always felt we are not the favorites in any big game and that we could easily lose .

• Tactically very weak , can't motivate his players and get the best out of them , the team looks clueless under-him.

In fact i think carlo should have been sacked in december and if that was to happen we would have been in wembley against barca one week ago .

I don't get why does roman get all the blame for sacking those men , in fact i can only blame him for one thing and it's certainly not the sacking of those managers but it's the appointment of the likes of scolari and ancelotti .

In roman i trust

It warms my heart you got pissed, bye the way its never gonna be enough before he leaves Chelsea thats my stand, and your got yours its a free country.