A buy-back clause

Hi lads,

It is getting clearer with each year that our young talents from the academy will not break into the 1st team and era getting sold quite cheaply to other teams. I think that instead of endless loan spells, in the sell we include a buy-back clause which in case any of them becomes good enough to play for Chelsea again (Lassana Diarra, maybe Sinclair or Mancience) , will allow us to get them much easier and less expensive. I know Real Madrid and other spanish clubs are doing it for years and it seems to work good. That kind of clause will prevent us in falling in situation like the one with Glen Johnson 2 years ago. What do you think about it?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is. What youth player would come back to us after how we treat them?

If we had one on Sinclair, what's to say he'd even join us after we never gave him a legitimate chance? He's already expressed his feelings about Chelsea releasing him.

I don't like the concept myself. But if it's around, we may as well use them in future youth contracts.

If its all in black and white and the player is aware that he may return after a year or two years due to Chelsea having a first buy back option, its a good deal -if all parties are happy.

As you say Real Madrid and Spanish teams use it all the time....

I think that it would further damage our reputation of not giving the youth a chance. It would appear to others that we cant be bothered to try and integrate a youth player into the starting 11 and need another club to improve him further before we use him

I think that it would further damage our reputation of not giving the youth a chance. It would appear to others that we cant be bothered to try and integrate a youth player into the starting 11 and need another club to improve him further before we use him

This.

Agreed.

isnt that exactly what we are doing with the loan system??

Theres no difference to the loan system deal apart from it gives the initial club the economic advantage of buying the player back, as United are doing with Rossi

As far as perception is concerned, or 'reputation damage', when have Chelsea or any other club been concerned about that ?

People need to get their heads round the idea that football is a business, and theres no room for sentimenatlity about 'youth development'. Its not a fucking youth employment scheme. All the board care about is trophies and expanding the brand.

Hope we got one on borini i feel he will become a fantastic player even though i feel he is already good enough to fit into the team would be nice to see him come back into the first team one day. Good idea though and good post . :D