The Pro Wrestling thread

Steve

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to watch it a lot when I was a child and I did so until two or three years ago. My heroes were Tatanka, Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior, Stonecold and The Rock...

You don't hear that many people mentioning Tatanka nowadays! My favourites are/were The Rock, Edge, Randy Orton & Undertaker.

I used to watch it when I was younger then kind of grew out of it. Got back into watching it at uni believe it or not!! I find it entertaining and it's just like any other TV show and gives me something to look forward to week by week :P.

You don't hear that many people mentioning Tatanka nowadays! My favourites are/were The Rock, Edge, Randy Orton & Undertaker.

I used to watch it when I was younger then kind of grew out of it. Got back into watching it at uni believe it or not!! I find it entertaining and it's just like any other TV show and gives me something to look forward to week by week :P.

Oh I knew them all when I was a Child. Macho Man, Lex Luger, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hitmen Hard, The Bush Wheckers (Tag-Team), Yokozuna, British Bulldogg,...

I kinda have no time to watch to be honest, otherwise I would still watch it, was like a daily sit-com... :D

Nothing will ever come close to the Attitude era and the Monday Night Wars ... damn, that makes me nostalgic.

No you're right there. But I've got to be honest, ATM it's the closest it's ever been. New young exciting wrestlers all over the place, a lot from the indie circuit. HHH has turned out to be a tremendous executive, far more modern than VKM. It's well worth a watch.

Oh I knew them all when I was a Child. Macho Man, Lex Luger, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hitmen Hard, The Bush Wheckers (Tag-Team), Yokozuna, British Bulldogg,...

I kinda have no time to watch to be honest, otherwise I would still watch it, was like a daily sit-com... :D

Tbh smackdown is just a RAW rematch/replay show now unfortunately. But RAW itself is top notch. So it's only really 3 hours a week, plus another 3 hours for the PPV once a month. I'm sure you could find the time for that ;). I guarantee you'll be a big fan of guys like Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose and Cesaro.

No you're right there. But I've got to be honest, ATM it's the closest it's ever been. New young exciting wrestlers all over the place, a lot from the indie circuit. HHH has turned out to be a tremendous executive, far more modern than VKM. It's well worth a watch.

Yeah, I guess why that time (1997-2001/02) is special for me is because it relates to my pre-teenage years and for some reason people generally are very fond of their memories from that period and hold them on a pedestal. I'll just leave this here for fellow 90s kids :

Sooo..... Anyone else here interested in the WWE?

Seeing as this is the only forum i've ever been a part of or ever likely to be a part of it'll be interesting to know if there are any other fans here of the WWE (or wrestling in general although I don't watch much other stuff) that I can discuss stuff with?

As an opening gambit, what did you guys think of SummerSlam?

Merged with the old thread.

Summerslam was pretty amazing.

Ambrose & Rollins managed to put on the only good lumberjack match I've ever seen. Brock squashing Cena in the main event too, gotta love that.
Cesaro on the pe-show was the only real minus for me, Cesaro is the man. Do you watch NXT as well as Raw/Smackdown (well, Smackdown suffers from fastforwarditis for me since it's recorded... and quite often shit)?

I thought Summerslam was pretty damn good. The last PPV's have been lacklustre and seemed 'throw away' compared to others.

Thoughts:

Zigggler vs Miz- Solid Opener, glad Dolph finally has a title again but it seems the IC belt is more a curse than a blessing these days. Shame, used to love that title back in the 90's.

Paige vs AJ - Good divas match. Love Paige (serious hotness) so chuffed to buggery she won.

Rusev vs Swagger - Really good feud, and a pretty brilliant match, the selling of injuries by both men was awesome to see. Real old school wrasslin.

Seth vs Dean - AMAZING. Love both of them and Dean Ambrose is going to be the big breakout face of the Shield I hope. Keep an eye on him!

Wyatt vs Jericho - Solid, did what was needed after the burial of Wyatt by Cena,

Steph vs Brie - Served it's purpose, saw the swerve coming a MILE away.

Reigns vs Orton - Surprised at how good this was, Reigns is coming along nicely and Randy brought his A game.

Brock vs Cena - AMAAAAZING for different reasons to Seth and Dean's match. Whoever beats Brock at mania is a legit star. Great long term booking from WWE that's been missing for years. [ /spoiler]

Still miss Punk and Bryan though :(

Chuffed I found a wrestling thread and will post here more often :D

I've watched WWE for as long as I can remember, was never a WCW or ECW guy though, so I am counting the days til I can get the WWE Network and watch all the old PPV's.

My favourites as a kid were always the Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart and Steve Austin.

I have read loads of wrestling biographies, and have just finished reading Mick Foley's first which was brilliant, especially the chapter about the hell in a cell match with Taker.

Current favourites: Brock Lesnar, Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt and Y2J.

I like Roman Reigns, but I think it's quite clear that Ambrose & Rollins are way above him in terms of skill level at the moment. Ambrose is the best thing in the company right now (shame he's off to film a movie).