Connor Clifford

EskWeston

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great video !

Really hope he makes it. He looks like a true leader and shows real affection for the club.

Clifford, Kakuta, Bruma, Sturridge, Stoch, Hutchinson, Matic and McEachran :blink:.

The future looks very bright for Chelsea Football Club.

blue%20scalf.gif :champions:

Edited by Blue_Soldier

I'm more excited about Clifford than any other player. Even Kakuta and Stoch. The boy has got so much potential its unreal.

I just hope he can improve technically to match his attitude and determination, if it does we have a really great player on our hands.

• 2 weeks later...

He reminds me more of the current Scott Parker than Lampsy !!! Thats not berating him in any sense.. Just that the style of play reminds me of Scotty more than our beloved lamps...

BIG fan of Connor Clifford!! His performance in the Youth FA Cup Final was outstanding, him and Josh have formed a fantastic partnership in the midfield and I hope they both get to showcase it for the senior squad this next coming season

But rumour has it he's being loaned out?! I hope this isn't true, I want him to shine in the senior squad THIS season

BIG fan of Connor Clifford!! His performance in the Youth FA Cup Final was outstanding, him and Josh have formed a fantastic partnership in the midfield and I hope they both get to showcase it for the senior squad this next coming season

But rumour has it he's being loaned out?! I hope this isn't true, I want him to shine in the senior squad THIS season

I want him to have squad number..... holding back on getting 2010 jesey as I'm waiting for CLIFFORD squad number. As an Irish Lad - he's even more special for me. Have to admit loan move is probably the way to go for some of these guys .... then next season....

I want him to have squad number..... holding back on getting 2010 jesey as I'm waiting for CLIFFORD squad number. As an Irish Lad - he's even more special for me. Have to admit loan move is probably the way to go for some of these guys .... then next season....

Chances are that he will have neither a loan or first team appearances. Next seasons reserves league will be different which will mean more games. He may get an appearance in the first team but at this stage i would be a little surprised. It all comes down to how Carlo thinks he is doing in training.

I'm more excited about Clifford than any other player. Even Kakuta and Stoch. The boy has got so much potential its unreal.

McEachran is a better more refined player. Clifford is similar to what gerrard was when he was young !

Just imagining the day we have players like: Kakuta, Clifford, McEachran, Stoch, Bruma, Walker ect.. starting is a great dream

The day we prove to all these other clubs that Chelsea FC do have decent Youth Academy, will be a great day for Chelsea! blue%20scalf.gif

Chances are that he will have neither a loan or first team appearances. Next seasons reserves league will be different which will mean more games. He may get an appearance in the first team but at this stage i would be a little surprised. It all comes down to how Carlo thinks he is doing in training.

I think he's 19 in October, and if he's good enough he'll have to continue making huge steps to the top. He's had a solid season in the reserves this year, and that will obviously still be his base, but if he's as good as this topic makes out he is, he'll get a good loan move or some first team appearances next season.

pointless and unfair to compare the 2 players. Both excellent players and have massive potential.

I see your point as they have different qualities but that is just my opinion. Josh plays the game with pure elegance were connor plays with instinct like gerrard does.

• 2 months later...

PROMISING IRISH teenager Conor Clifford is looking to finalise a new contract with Chelsea after Carlo Ancelotti delayed a loan move so he can stay with the first team until Christmas.The highly-rated Dubliner, who captained last year's FA Youth Cup-winning team, had expected to be sent out for first-team experience in this transfer window but Blues manager Ancelotti wants the midfielder to stick around.

"When I go back I'm looking to sign a new contract," said Clifford, who was a member of the Irish U-21 team that enjoyed a 5-0 win over Estonia on Tuesday night. "I've been involved in a few pre-season games and Ancelotti doesn't want me to go on loan yet. He wants me to stay and train with the first team and get experience -- maybe then go out at Christmas.

"My contract is up at the end of the season, so I'm looking at sorting out a contract when I go back."

Clifford admits that the idea of going elsewhere to play senior games did appeal, but he views Ancelotti's decision as a positive with a view towards his long-term prospects.

"I was expecting to do my pre-season and then go out straightaway, but the gaffer didn't want me to do that so I was delighted," said the 18-year-old. "It's good to stay around and train with the best players in the world."

Chelsea are under pressure to promote youngsters from their academy, after investing heavily in youth development in recent years.

They are struggling to find their quota of eight home-grown players for their Premier League squad of 25. Clifford now counts as home-grown, although he doesn't have to be included in the 25 as he is under the age of 21 and can, therefore, be drafted in at any stage.

Source: Irish Independant

Nice tosee that Carlo actually is looking at the youth, but will he use him for PL games this season seems to be in question still. I hope that he does use other youngsters like Kakuta, to make the other youth players that they do have a chance to be in first team games.