Connor Clifford

EskWeston

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not going to be loaning players like Connor to Premiership clubs, thats just a fact. We have to put them where they will get the most benefit from. First step is to get used to playing league football. After this loan he may well move to a Championship club, there is no point sending him to a Championship club if he isn't going to get played.

Ah fair enough, how old is he now anyway? I was watching the Youth Final again, what a performance from him and Josh! blue%20scalf.gif

Ah fair enough, how old is he now anyway? I was watching the Youth Final again, what a performance from him and Josh! blue%20scalf.gif

He's 19 years old. Really hope he makes it in chelsea. Would love to see an Irish lad playing every week for Chelsea. Also would be great to have a class midfielder for Country!!

He's 19 years old. Really hope he makes it in chelsea. Would love to see an Irish lad playing every week for Chelsea. Also would be great to have a class midfielder for Country!!

Couldn't agree more! Last Irish player we had was Duff (and what a player he was!). We all have big hopes for Connor here anyway, so hopefully he'll get his time just like Josh.

Basically he has been loaned out to move his development forward, to see how he handles a higher level of football.

I think he is a gerard type player in the way he explodes into action. Josh is the much much more talented player though which might hold him back ultimately.

helsea youngster enjoying Plymouth experience

11:55 AM 25 October, 2010

nographicsLarge.jpg

Chelsea midfielder Conor Clifford joined Plymouth on a one-month loan deal on Friday and made his debut the following day in a 2-1 home victory against Huddersfield.

“I came down on Friday night, so it [the loan move] was really short notice,” he told This Is Devon. “I just packed my bag, jumped on the train, and came down.

“[Plymouth winger] Craig Noone picked me up from the train station, and I stayed with him that night,” he explained. “I went into the dressing-room, put the kit on and went out and played.

“I didn’t know anyone’s name, but the lads were good to me. They looked after me on the pitch, and helped me through it,” the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international added. “I really enjoyed it.”

Before the game, Clifford admitted to feeling a bit apprehensive. “It was strange, sitting down and no-one knowing who you are, and you’re starting when other lads who have been training all week aren’t starting,” he said. “It did feel a bit awkward.”

He was pleasantly surprised to be thrown into the starting line-up by Argyle manager Peter Reid. “I wasn’t expecting that at all,” he admitted.

“Peter Reid has shown great faith in me, throwing me in like that,” Clifford added. “He just said: ‘Relax, go out and express yourself, and don’t be nervous’. It was good.”

Lets Hope he does well and earns loan move to a championship team!

• 3 weeks later...