test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Clevemayer

Nathaniel Chalobah

Started by Clevemayer,

1,879 posts in this topic
Nottingham Forest have released the following statement on behalf of Nathaniel Chalobah following an alleged incident during last night’s match at Millwall.

At half-time, the on-loan Chelsea midfielder told Forest’s deputy manager Ned Kelly that he believed he was subjected to racist chanting from a section of the home support in the first half.

The 18 year old, who claims to have been initially subject to verbal abuse from the same section after receiving treatment for an injury in the opening minutes, was upset by the alleged abuse and struggled to keep his concentration during the interval as a result.

Nottingham Forest treat any incident of this nature extremely seriously and will be liaising closely with the relevant authorities in their investigation of this issue. Both clubs are in communication regarding the alleged incident and hope to uncover the truth as quickly as possible for all concerned parties.

Some rumors going around Twitter that he won't continue his loan at Forrest as a result. Should know more about this in the next couple of days.

The post I responded to was talking about replacing Essien in the lineup. How many games is Essien going to get into? 10? You think a player who is struggling in the Championship is going to come to Chelsea and play 25 games the rest of the season? He wouldn't get that if he stayed at Forest where he's played four games so far. There are people who are overrating his readiness and then people who are insanely overrating his readiness.

I think people make the mistake in thinking that playing time is the only thing that can stunt the development of youth. It's possible that playing in 10 matches at Chelsea might make more of a mark or an impact in the development of a young player than making 25 appearances at some random championship club. You're pretty much following a one size fits all formula. I see that as problematic.

Nottingham Forest have released the following statement on behalf of Nathaniel Chalobah following an alleged incident during last night’s match at Millwall.
At half-time, the on-loan Chelsea midfielder told Forest’s deputy manager Ned Kelly that he believed he was subjected to racist chanting from a section of the home support in the first half.
The 18 year old, who claims to have been initially subject to verbal abuse from the same section after receiving treatment for an injury in the opening minutes, was upset by the alleged abuse and struggled to keep his concentration during the interval as a result.
Nottingham Forest treat any incident of this nature extremely seriously and will be liaising closely with the relevant authorities in their investigation of this issue. Both clubs are in communication regarding the alleged incident and hope to uncover the truth as quickly as possible for all concerned parties.
Some rumors going around Twitter that he won't continue his loan at Forrest as a result. Should know more about this in the next couple of days.

Heard about this. Dire. Millwall fans are the scum of the earth.

Was back in the side yesterday and played 89 minutes in a 0-0 draw.

0 tackles and 71% passing. sounds bad

0 tackles and 71% passing. sounds bad

No idea how he played, I only saw the match events. Forest fans have not been at all impressed with him, though. They feel he was just a "brand advertisement" signing.

Think if we dont sign any midfielders in January,Jose should look at Chalobah and give him afew games as he liked what he saw in pre-season,as this loan hasnt progressed him as everybody probly thought it would.

The Skipper likes this

Think if we dont sign any midfielders in January,Jose should look at Chalobah and give him afew games as he liked what he saw in pre-season,as this loan hasnt progressed him as everybody probly thought it would.

I would agree had his loan reports been very impressive. Like Josh, Nathaniel is not a regular starter and I must put this down to form. I know one can argue he would find it easier to settle in playing with us because of the better players around him but if he wants to earn starts and a place here he has to prove it out on loan first imo. If we bring him back from his loan to not play we are wasting him imo. He needs games and even if he has not been that impressive at Forest, he will know he needs to step up his performances a notch. Sounds harsh but I would not be content with settling with a player to come in midfield for us while he can not get in a Championship team on a consistent basis and I highly doubt Jose will be willing to take that risk.

I would agree had his loan reports been very impressive. Like Josh, Nathaniel is not a regular starter and I must put this down to form. I know one can argue he would find it easier to settle in playing with us because of the better players around him but if he wants to earn starts and a place here he has to prove it out on loan first imo. If we bring him back from his loan to not play we are wasting him imo. He needs games and even if he has not been that impressive at Forest, he will know he needs to step up his performances a notch. Sounds harsh but I would not be content with settling with a player to come in midfield for us while he can not get in a Championship team on a consistent basis and I highly doubt Jose will be willing to take that risk.

Yeah agree with this current loan but sometimes these just dont work out for different reasons,but the watford 1 did work out and we will need some sort of backup in Cm imho from now to end of season

The loan deals for young players are there to get them used to consequential football, not to turn them from academy players into Premier League ones. It time to start easing Chalobah into the first team with games here and there, as was begun with Josh and then abandoned. Barkley never impressed in the Championship either, now look at him.

We are one injury away from having to rely on Essien in midfield yet we cant give Nat a chance.

Nat sucked in the championship...why shoudl he deserve to play?

He didn't suck last year in the Championship, he's just struggled at Forest this year. Last year he did enough did deserve a chance in my opinion.

Barkley hardly set the world alight last year look at him now.

Barkley hardly set the world alight last year look at him now.

yes, maybe, but its probably easier to get in to Everton's team than in to ours. Evereton often dont have the money to spend big on players and so they try to utilize more academy players. we in contraire are a top team and its way harder for a young player to get into it if you arent even expressing yourself at your loan. Me, personally would give him a shot, but I dont think Mou will do it. looking at Madrid, he mostly played Morata (who was one of the best in the Castilla) for example or Nacho (probably the best defender of the Castilla).

Also Mou already said that he will start our best players against Derby, so no chance for the youngsters beside maybe the 2nd half if we have a solid result by then.