Chelsea Vs Sunderland

DavidEU

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaaaa..

this is what i call a perfect weekend.. .... lamps got the 100 and the blues their 1000th..

i need weekends like this for the entire season..

scousers lost to spurs... and that too after gerrard proclaimed themselves invincible.. lol

wot a day.. we are back on top.. to where we belong..

and see the goal difference.. woww..

TRUE BLUE FOR LIFE....

blue%20scalf.gif

WE ARE THE BLUES.. THE PRIDE OF LONDON.

Nice easy win today.

I was a bit disheartened to see Anelka grab a really terrible hattrick. I hope Scolari isn't fooled into thinking he's any good.

:lol:

Stole one from Alex, the other two put on a plate from Malouda.

He'll still be on the bench once DD hits full fitness ;)

Plus points to take from the game:

• A perfect response from the Blues.
  • Lampard's 100th career top flight goal.
  • Cech's 100th Chelsea clean sheet!
  • Anelka scoring a hat-trick - he is now joint top scorer with Amr Zaki with eight goals.
  • Alex on the scoresheet - fantastic to see a defender in that position!
  • Lampard continuing his stunning form.
  • Clean sheet - Cech, Mikel, Terry and Alex were quietly brilliant today.
  • 1004 Premier League goals for Chelsea :D
  • Malouda, Joe Cole and Deco - all fabulous.
  • Mineiro with a sound debut today.
  • Arsenal lost 2-1 ^_^:D

Add:

- Liverpool lost 2-1

- The goal difference with Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal

to the list. :D :D

Nice easy win today.

I was a bit disheartened to see Anelka grab a really terrible hattrick. I hope Scolari isn't fooled into thinking he's any good.

Why not? 8 goals in 11 matches is good. If he keeps it up, he might just get 20+ goals this season.

Goals were mostly tap ins...

Does it matter?

Why not? 8 goals in 11 matches is good. If he keeps it up, he might just get 20+ goals this season.

What we need from our forward is not just goals when we're already comfortably winning, which is all he does, but goals when we're struggling, when we need someone to step up and change the game. Anelka won't do that, but Drogba has the ability and the strength to do so. That's the difference.

Anelka can score all the dodgy hattricks he likes, until he starts scoring goals against the other top teams and when we're struggling, he'll always be second rate to me.

What we need from our forward is not just goals when we're already comfortably winning, which is all he does, but goals when we're struggling, when we need someone to step up and change the game. Anelka won't do that, but Drogba has the ability and the strength to do so. That's the difference.

Anelka can score all the dodgy hattricks he likes, until he starts scoring goals against the other top teams and when we're struggling, he'll always be second rate to me.

Yeah, well, if we're struggling then the blame shouldn't just lie on him. He's a striker, his main job is to score goals, not create chances.

Yet those dodgy hat-tricks will make a difference on our goal difference with the other clubs. Especially if the title race went down to the wire like last season.

I hope he'll be able to keep it up over the season and get around 25 goals.

Yeah, well, if we're struggling then the blame shouldn't just lie on him. He's a striker, his main job is to score goals, not create chances.

I'm not saying I blame him for not being good enough. I'm just saying Drogba can do better and that's what we want.

At the end of the day, strikers are judged on their goals scored. If Anelka nets 20 + this season, it would be impossible to deny that he has had a top season - if all his goals are tap ins then we can be thankful we have a forward with fantastic instincts.