Chelsea Vs Sunderland

DavidEU

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we talk about Tap ins the first name and the only name that comes to my mind is Ruud Van Nistelrooy. I havent once seen him score a goal that woulld put a hole in the back of the net.

Striker is all about being at the right place at the right time.

But I do agree with Elliot, he doesnt have the same "fear striking" ability as Drogba. Anelka has been virtually zero against Liverpool and Manchester United. He missed a sitter against the mancs. Drogba would have owned the defenses of Liverpool, Anelka is far from doing anything like that. But he toys around with ordinary teams.....

I would still be tempted to put Drogba in agaisnt the top 5-6 teams.

I just think I'm being realistic really. None of Anelka's goals have been important this season and that's the start and end of it.

They won us matches and is making a big dent in the goal difference, how can they not be important?

When we talk about Tap ins the first name and the only name that comes to my mind is Ruud Van Nistelrooy. I havent once seen him score a goal that woulld put a hole in the back of the net.

Striker is all about being at the right place at the right time.

But I do agree with Elliot, he doesnt have the same "fear striking" ability as Drogba. Anelka has been virtually zero against Liverpool and Manchester United. He missed a sitter against the mancs. Drogba would have owned the defenses of Liverpool, Anelka is far from doing anything like that. But he toys around with ordinary teams.....

I would still be tempted to put Drogba in agaisnt the top 5-6 teams.

Yeah, well, he's not the same type of striker as DD. I think he's more of a tap-in player so if he doesn't get enough service, he'd find it hard to score. Our midfield sucked against Liverpool and he was told to stay up front by Big Felipe.

In an interview given to Chelsea Plus, Anelka says : "Normally, I like to come and take the ball, touch the ball and score from outside of the box, but the manager asked me to stay up front, to be very patient, because we have a lot of midfield players, so I'm not allowed to come to the ball anymore."