• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

1st of all good to see you again Muzchap, been quite a while since i saw you around here, i hope everything is ok. Regarding your post i agree, no player is bigger than the club, Hazard has been a very good servant for us for the past 6 years and helped us achieve a lot of success, we can't complain too much if Hazard decides to leave, there is only so much a player can do here with the supporting cast he has. If that transfer ban happens, its the shake up the club needs in order for us to create a proper football identity and get a lot of things in order, i do trust in Sarri's philosophy and he has to have players who can play to his strenghts, not the current lot he has at his disposal, but persisting with the same players who are out of form is suicide atm.

Great to see you too :)

Yes, all good - life is Manic and work has been crazy. I have been lurking from time to time :)

Yes, I don't know why he continues to play out of form players, but the guy isn't an idiot, so must feel he has no choice.

I guess his and other managers logic is, they cannot get critisicised for playing 'known' players. If they played kids and lost - it's 100% on them. Although it's easy for me to say - I would definitely make the team a Meritocracy- if you are in form, you are playing... 

But, it's easy for me to say as I'm not a pro manager, I don't see what happens in training every day. Maybe the youngsters do fuck all in training and show little commitment, maybe the old pros train better? I have no idea and unless Sarri comes out and admits why - I guess we are all speculating?

I just cannot see him deliberately playing a crap team.

It took arguably the greatest manager in the World (Pep) time to adapt and build his team how he wanted. City gave him time and patience- why can't we do the same with Sarri is my point? 

Sarri needs at least 3 transfer windows- then judge him. 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pep spent literally €600m in 2 windows on top players. Conte kick his ass before he spent even more crazy. If Conte and now Sarri has City owner, I can guarantee you people would doubt Pep big time now and nobody would ask time for Sarri. A little reminder, these players from the picture was added on already top football squad City had at the time.

6321E229-A96A-4F90-BEF6-4E2F4FACDDDA.thumb.jpeg.63818c0c6e3d422c4b7a0681712ee5c0.jpeg

4 hours ago, zekinjo said:

Pep spent literally €600m in 2 windows on top players. Conte kick his ass before he spent even more crazy. If Conte and now Sarri has City owner, I can guarantee you people would doubt Pep big time now and nobody would ask time for Sarri. A little reminder, these players from the picture was added on already top football squad City had at the time.

6321E229-A96A-4F90-BEF6-4E2F4FACDDDA.thumb.jpeg.63818c0c6e3d422c4b7a0681712ee5c0.jpeg

you just posted 3 years of transfers not 2 windows

also

looking at last 4 YEARS (so even before Pep) 7 windows (with January 2019 TBD)

2015-16  £127m net spend

Pep comes in

2016-17  £160m net spend

2017-18  £202m net spend

2018-19  £39m net spend (winter still TBD)

thats  £528 net spend in 4 years (7 WINDOWS)

since Pep came its £401m in 3 years, not 600m in 2 WINDOWS

thats £134m net a YEAR (will go up a wee bit if they make moves this January, which they may not do) under Pep (£132 per year over last 4 YEARS) NOT the 300m euros PER WINDOW you just said

Also lets look at how that £134m a year for Pep's first two 2 years (this 3rd year is far less) compares to us. It is FAR less than Roman spent per year NET his first two (he has since went far less spend happy) which (adjusted for inflation) was over £200 million PER YEAR, over £400m total NET spend total.

We would be huge hypocrites to start saying Pep is simply buying a championship, as we did the same thing, lolol. I have ZERO issue with big clubs blowing away the small ones with monster spending. It is how all other big sports are, especially in yank land (Baseball, American Football, Basketball)

I do NOT want to see 20 mediocre teams in every big 5 league. Fuck that!!! I want to see the top 20 or so teams build as good as teams as possible and play superb football. Fuck having a football world full of 100 Watfords, Gironas, Sassuolos, Nantes's and Mainz's!!

I am pretty much in for a Euro Super League with the top 20 to 25 or so teams in it.

no FFP bullshit, etc etc.

BRING IT ON!

Fuck the FA!

Fuck UEFA!

TRIPLE Fuck FIFA!!

corrupt hypocritical cunts the lot of them!!!

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

pathetic to score 1!!

Well, that's football.  We had some results earlier where we over performed our xG (Hazard was way above his).  Goals change matches, have to score when you get the chance (and look at those chances). 

Lose tomorrow, and we become the new "crisis club" (which means we'll win the next match comfortably).  Positive spin.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

Well, that's football.  We had some results earlier where we over performed our xG (Hazard was way above his).  Goals change matches, have to score when you get the chance (and look at those chances). 

Lose tomorrow, and we become the new "crisis club" (which means we'll win the next match comfortably).  Positive spin.

Depends on how we lose. Losing by 1 or 2, I will take as a decent showing, 3 or 4 is hard, but probably reality, 5 or more, then yes, crisis time can start to begin.

I have never been so afraid of a loss going into an EPL game as this one in the entire time Roman has owned the team.

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Depends on how we lose. Losing by 1 or 2, I will take as a decent showing, 3 or 4 is hard, but probably reality, 5 or more, then yes, crisis time can start to begin.

I have never been so afraid of a loss going into an EPL game as this one in the entire time Roman has owned the team.

One of the constant things (IMO) has been that when everyone is writing us off, that's when we show up.  Remember the match against Spurs at the start of last season?  

I hope this carries over.

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Maybe you didn’t understand what I was trying to say. ✌️

My point is, ok, City spent €600m in 3 transfer market, but they did it on great players. Every single one can score or assists. They have completed their squad. Huge amount of money spent on everything you need and now it’s up to coach.

Never said or thinking how the clubs (or Pep) are buying Championship because everyone is buying a Championship. Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern Munich, Juventus, PSG, United....Chelsea used to...... They all spend a lot compared to other clubs from domestic leagues. Always been...

My post refers on “Sarri will need time same as Pep” posts. It’s not true that Pep (only) needed time, he just needed money well spent on top players. They play a very same way of football only difference is Pep have better and more suited players for his system now then 2-3 years ago.

3 hours ago, zekinjo said:

Maybe you didn’t understand what I was trying to say. ✌️

My point is, ok, City spent €600m in 3 transfer market, but they did it on great players. Every single one can score or assists. They have completed their squad. Huge amount of money spent on everything you need and now it’s up to coach.

Never said or thinking how the clubs (or Pep) are buying Championship because everyone is buying a Championship. Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern Munich, Juventus, PSG, United....Chelsea used to...... They all spend a lot compared to other clubs from domestic leagues. Always been...

My post refers on “Sarri will need time same as Pep” posts. It’s not true that Pep (only) needed time, he just needed money well spent on top players. They play a very same way of football only difference is Pep have better and more suited players for his system now then 2-3 years ago.

Agree