test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Southampton 0-2 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Cahill
    • Rudiger
    • Emerson
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

123 posts in this topic
Just now, BXL70 said:

I haven't seen Bakayoko so far. Is he playing?

Rather that than seeing him making stupid mistakes.

DANILA likes this

2 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

I haven't seen Bakayoko so far. Is he playing?

His confidence is completely gone. Trying to keep it ticking rather than stand out atm. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Giroud to start in the final pls, Morata is just too inconsistent, just keeps missing chances, clearly has big confidence issues, sad really, hope he manages to turn it around

Fulham Broadway likes this

Chelsea v United in the final. Inevitable after the war of words between Conte and Mourinho. But hey, the final is on May 19th. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Seriously now, we cannot lose 2 finals in a row. We cannot.

Fulham Broadway and Johnnyeye like this

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Giroud to start in the final pls, Morata is just too inconsistent, just keeps missing chances, clearly has big confidence issues, sad really, hope he manages to turn it around

He created more opportunities for himself in 10 minutes than Giroud did the whole game. Plus, they scored the same amount of goals...

Johnnyeye likes this

Just now, Thor said:

He created more opportunities for himself in 10 minutes than Giroud did the whole game. Plus, they scored the same amount of goals...

what good is creating chances for yourself if you re not going to put them in the back of the net, like i said, lack of confidence atm

Starman60 and Fulham Broadway like this

Hazard finally producing a top game again. It's been a while. He should've scored though. 9/10.

Kante was good too. Emerson had his moments but failed to get really involved. I am impressed by how he has dealt with the physicality of English football though. Solid perfomance overall.

OneMoSalah and Johnnyeye like this

5 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Hazard needs to maintain this level for the final. He was outstanding today.

I'm more condident of that knowing its United and not Spurs. I'm always wary when its Liverpool, Spurs, City and even Arsenal due to the way they play. But against United he should see more of the ball I hope. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

what good is creating chances for yourself if you re not going to put them in the back of the net, like i said, lack of confidence atm

What good is having Giroud out there not creating anything and thus having less chances? 

If you have a 60 million striker, and he is still out there creating, and still scoring with his head, play him, let him keep having those chances, and he'll take them eventually. 

The ball got cleared off the line. It happens. Victim of his own wrong doing earlier in the season, but people need to lay off, really. Comes on and scores and people complain about his performance. 

He sealed the game off. Nuff said. 

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Hazard finally producing a top game again. It's been a while. He should've scored though. 9/10.

Kante was good too. Emerson had his moments but he failed to get really involved. I am impressed by how he has dealt with the physicality of English football. Solid perfomance overall.

I was a bit disappointed the players didn't use Emerson more. A few times he burned his man for pace. 

I thought he started off poor, but played really well in the middle part of the game and right at the end there. 

Johnnyeye likes this

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

What good is having Giroud out there not creating anything and thus having less chances? 

If you have a 60 million striker, and he is still out there creating, and still scoring with his head, play him, let him keep having those chances, and he'll take them eventually. 

The ball got cleared off the line. It happens. Victim of his own wrong doing earlier in the season, but people need to lay off, really. Comes on and scores and people complain about his performance. 

He sealed the game off. Nuff said. 

yes he scored, hats off to him, spoon fed by Azpi's cross, sound familiar? i rather Giroud all round play and clinical in front of goal than a low on confidence Morata,  im waiting to see if Morata starts in the final and has a shitter, then i will to see your excuse, of course i want him to score, but im not expecting too much from him thats for sure, at least for now, but i would like him to prove me wrong. Im not going to argue with you more about Morata. Cheers and good day

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

yes he scored, hats off to him, spoon fed by Azpi's cross, sound familiar? i rather Giroud all round play and clinical in front of goal than a low on confidence Morata,  im waiting to see if Morata starts in the final and has a shitter, then i will to see your excuse, of course i want him to score, but im not expecting too much from him thats for sure, at least. Im not going to argue with you more about Morata. Cheers and good day

Spot on. Moratas tantrum last time would be like rewarding a spoilt child of he'd started -as it is he's matured a bit by making him come on and prove himself. Do the same in the final -Giroud first, then bring on Morata. 

Johnnyeye likes this

8 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I'm more condident of that knowing its United and not Spurs. I'm always wary when its Liverpool, Spurs, City and even Arsenal due to the way they play. But against United he should see more of the ball I hope. 

Biggest question is - who's gonna park the bigger bus?

2 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

yes he scored, hats off to him, spoon fed by Azpi's cross, sound familiar? i rather Giroud all round play and clinical in front of goal than a low on confidence Morata,  im waiting to see if Morata starts in the final and has a shitter, then i will to see your excuse, of course i want him to score, but im not expecting too much from him thats for sure, at least for now, but i would like him to prove me wrong. Im not going to argue with you more about Morata. Cheers and good day

I agree Johnny. I'm taking Giroud all day to start the final. Morata might be the better player but Giroud is the better striker right now and is higher on confidence than Morata. 

Johnnyeye likes this