test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 4-1 Peterborough

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Begovic
    • Ivanovic
    • Zouma
    • Terry
    • Cahill
    • Pedro
    • Chalobah
    • Fabregas
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Aina (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

159 posts in this topic
41 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I would like to win another cup but now Chelsea is more like a global brand with global ambitions than a local London club with local ambitions. Sometimes traditions must die for progress.

Can't agree there the F.A. cup is the world's oldest football knockout competition and should be treated with respect. Football traditions should not be sacrificed just to appease the wealthy. Chelsea can be be the biggest club in the world but without it's core support from London and the surrounding areas it will have no heart or soul. All football clubs are named after the area they reside in even though Chelsea is in Fulham. Go through everyone of the 92 English clubs from Plymouth to Carlisle and they all have their roots in the local community.

15 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Can't agree there the F.A. cup is the world's oldest football knockout competition and should be treated with respect. Football traditions should not be sacrificed just to appease the wealthy. Chelsea can be be the biggest club in the world but without it's core support from London and the surrounding areas it will have no heart or soul. All football clubs are named after the area they reside in even though Chelsea is in Fulham. Go through everyone of the 92 English clubs from Plymouth to Carlisle and they all have their roots in the local community.

Older competitions do not bring more revenues by default. So we don't have enough reasons to risk our first eleven players. Whether you guys like it or not this is how the world works pal.

3 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Older competitions do not bring more revenues by default. So we don't have enough reasons to risk our first eleven players. Whether you guys like it or not this is how the world works pal.

Who gives a shit about revenue. Competitions like the Champions League were created simply to sell advertising which is why UEFA are tearing their hair out because over here B.T. get a tiny audience compared to I.T.V. Football was not created by Sky in 1992 and Chelsea existed before 2003 pal.

25 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

But we have a very light workload this season, with this being the only other competition. There's no reason for the team to focus solely on the Premier League and forget about the FA Cup.

Starman60 likes this

15 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

Look, let's compromise and win both, okay? :D The FA Cup is a great competition to win, we've had some absolutely amazing games there, it has given us unforgettable memories. Focusing on one competition is not how Chelsea roll, we have always been in it to win it, aiming for double+ trophies per season like a proper ambitious football club should. As a mere supporter with no financial input into the club I couldn't give a shit about revenue money, I watch for entertainment and emotions.. preferably positive emotions, which is what winning gives. So yeah, I cannot say I don't give a shit - win this one and be one step closer to bragging rights.

Only going to watch because of Happy. Hope he immediately proves himself and gets a place in the starting XI soon enough. Ever since that Aguero charge on Luiz, Luiz has been back to his old form. Not solid enough. He was covering air when Dele Alli made that first headed goal.

Don't worry....be Happy....

Thankfully, I saw this game is scheduled at one TV station here in Poland so there should be streams for you guys in Britain. I was worried that I will need Periscope again. 

7 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'd like to see us try out a 352 from the start.

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 1.45.21 AM.png

Think I'd drop Pedro to the bench give Willian a start

I am very interested in this one tomorrow. It is another chance to see a Chelsea victory, always a good thing, and we should get to see many we want to get playing time. I am excited to see Batshuayi and Zouma, plus others like Chalobah. We will get some regulars sprinkled in, as we should. Hope Terry gets a start.

This is a good one to move on from the game Wednesday night. Leicester is coming up in 7 days and we can continue the march to the title!

As for the competition, Top for goals every should be, I think, 1. Champions League title, 2. Premier League title, 3. Premier League Top Four, and 4. FA Cup title. At least I think finishing top four in PL is ahead of winning the FA Cup. Regardless, it is a top four goal, so why not win it!

Come on you Chelsea!!

I would really love to see us win this trophy.  I started supporting in 1970 and the final against Leeds was an epic battle. Granted, the FA cup has lost some of it's magic, but it's a trophy and one well worth winning in my opinion. Com'n you blues.... Wembley awaits us :yay:

Yeah be nice to win it again :-) no extra mid week games unless it goes to replay so that won't become a issue..just gotta go for it..it's been to long! 

This is what I think it might be

Willian - Batman - Pedro

Chalobah - Cescy - Moses

Happy - JT - Cahill - Dave

Wish this was televised here...<_<

Theyre showing fucking Liverpool instead.

Begovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Cahill, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Pedro, Batshuayi, Willian.

Wow nice lineup! How does that work though? 3-5-2 with Ivan and Willian as wingbacks?