test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

Hakan Calhanoglu

Started by the wes,

71 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Honestly, I'm ok with this. He looks that he has some talent to play possession football and he likes to play through balls. He can shoot. His freekicks shots/deliveries are great.

What I know is that we absolutely need attacking midfielder this winter but we also crave for major player next to Diego and Hazard. If we won't block here a pathway to marquee signing in the summer, then sign him up.

It really is a catch 22 for Chelsea at the moment. Because much like you, I want ELITE- World Class signings in mold of Griezmann/Dybala/James Rodriguez/ etc. etc., but the first two names are most definitely not leaving in January or in the Summer either. And James Rodriguez is pulling this ultimate dance; stating he's fed up of not starting, to Zidane giving him starts upon winter break, to getting his British Visa/whatever in Colombia, to not really pushing for the move anymore, to who knows what the hell what he wants. 

Deep down, i think if we sign Hakan, no major Elite RF purchase comes in the summer. Because Hazard/Pedro/Hakan/Willian would be the options. Unless, Conte thinks he can get Willian to convert to RWB, I don't see how we buy Hakan and a major RF. But we cannot go on without an Oscar replacement, that'd be just too risky.  Decisions, Decisions. 

Blue Colored Sky likes this

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

It really is a catch 22 for Chelsea at the moment. Because much like you, I want ELITE- World Class signings in mold of Griezmann/Dybala/James Rodriguez/ etc. etc., but the first two names are most definitely not leaving in January or in the Summer either. And James Rodriguez is pulling this ultimate dance; stating he's fed up of not starting, to Zidane giving him starts upon winter break, to getting his British Visa/whatever in Colombia, to not really pushing for the move anymore, to who knows what the hell what he wants. 

Deep down, i think if we sign Hakan, no major Elite RF purchase comes in the summer. Because Hazard/Pedro/Hakan/Willian would be the options. Unless, Conte thinks he can get Willian to convert to RWB, I don't see how we buy Hakan and a major RF. But we cannot go on without an Oscar replacement, that'd be just too risky.  Decisions, Decisions. 

We should pay 5-10m and loan some player. That's the only option we can take to a) fill the gap B) don't overcommit on wrong player. Obviously it's super unrealistic. Attacking midfielder is the only position that you can't plug the hole with stop-gap solution. In goal, defence, midfield you can buy experience for a few months, even in attack you can buy some old poacher who will do the job for you. 

57 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Hmm?

Has to do with breach of contract in 2011. He has pay €100,000 in compensation to Turkish club Trabzonspor, for whom he agreed to sign as a teenager, the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled on Thursday.

The complaint was originally lodged in 2013 and has somehow taken 4 years to come to a conclusion. 

38 minutes ago, Leif said:

He'll frustrate us & leave us in awe in equal measures.

No thanks to that.

Except his freekicks we pretty much have a better version of him in Fabregas and even he isnt seeing a lot of the pitch. Doesnt really seem like the type of player Conte is looking for imo...

Only Ozil is less of a Conte player. And maybe Taarabt. It's easy to draw conclusions about what they all have in common without explaining. Exceptional talent does not equal exceptional performances. This guy is great to watch but only if it's not in your team. I would take him only in a scenario where he's a bench player used against small sides in cups. For those games, he'd always ensure we win.

Why are we constantly linked to average players ? Doesn't bode well for the summer.

Don't know him. What are his strengths and weaknesses? What position(s) does he play?

On 2/4/2017 at 1:30 PM, Yeboii said:

We need a new Oscar after all

not happening IMO, but I like the comment.