Javier Pastore

the wes

18 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

was too pricey at the time, Palermo were asking for silly money and PSG paid it in the end, not saying Pastore would have flopped here, but we got Mata instead and it paid off, FA Cup and Champions League winners that season :D

Could have flopped. No way to say for sure how he would have played.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is brilliant player tho. Real fantasista. Always tries little flicks and tricks whenever he gets the chance. If it wasnt for injuries he would have been one of top players in the world.

I saw game against marseille after he returned from injury and he still got it.

Would I take him here? Probably not, he doesnt realy fit this team and he had way too many injuries in past. But its always pleasure watching him, even if its just french league.

I disagree. Types like Pastore aren't of this age. Pastore is all technique. Tactically, physically and mentally he's lacking for a top player in today's game. He could've been a big player in the 80s/90s though. Ganso is another type like that. Ozil has similar flaws but is much better tactically, which is why he can crush the minnows and function well in a strong unit.

I don't know about his current season nor last, but every other season since the very first we were linked to him, he's consistently been Oscar-tier; he vanishes in big games, you get confused about what he offers when he isn't scoring a worldie, and his face is too young for his body, someone should kick him.

10 minutes ago, Leif said:

I don't know about his current season nor last, but every other season since the very first we were linked to him, he's consistently been Oscar-tier; he vanishes in big games, you get confused about what he offers when he isn't scoring a worldie, and his face is too young for his body, someone should kick him.

I agree. He's a slightly above average player who a couple levels below the sort of player we should be targeting this summer. If he's not good enough for PSG he isn't good enough for us.

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

I agree. He's a slightly above average player who a couple levels below the sort of player we should be targeting this summer. If he's not good enough for PSG he isn't good enough for us.

This was exactly my opinion when I used to watch him. Back then I would suggest people notice his involvements then ask themselves how many other players they think could do what Pastore just did. For far too much of the time my own answer to that question was, "Loads and loads." 

Made his name with an outrageous piece of skill and has hung around 'the middle of the road' for a long time....We sold a player no better or worse in Oscar, so just stay clear of this guy and use the money to better effect.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You