Predictions for 2015/16 season?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the end of the day...it is classed as a friendly...FACT

Ive never been to a FRIENDLY game with those twats. Have you? If nothing else at all its bragging rights and self esteem.

How many goals would you be happy to let them beat us by if it doesnt mean anything.

Yeah but this is unlike us we usually do business early nowadays so they can settle for preseason in a couple of weeks. I know that is why I am frustated, assuming we have like 50-100m to spend we should be going out there for those couple of signings that will improve our 11 but we are apparently more interested in backups like Pedro.

Honestly I haven't seen Pedro's game much but if he is a goalscorer he'll be into the squad quicker than you can say 'Cuadrado is off to Inter.'

Anyway, I think Willian-Oscar-Hazard is an underrated AM 3. It doesn't fit us in big games because of Ivanovic's over commiting forwards and Cesc's defensive deficiencies than anything else.

Having said that though the team had enough character to win a cup final with a 20 year old centre back in midfield.

I see RLC coming in at that 10 spot as a more physical, defensive alternative to Oscar to shore up central midfield as Cesc is wasted in no 10, it's obvious. With less time on the ball he is exposed and it just doesn't work as the team relies on that splitting ball that he can only supply from deep. And having a player who can recover the ball higher up the pitch is good for our system.

Zouma would improve our central defence with the pace, and I think he will either get all cup games designated to him or all league games designated to him, as what he does is effectively give Terry his legs back. Surely Mou cannot ignore him next season after the shifts he put in last season.

TL;DR I expect Pedro (if a goalscorer), Zouma, RLC to come in to contention for places next season.

Ive never been to a FRIENDLY game with those twats. Have you? If nothing else at all its bragging rights and self esteem.

How many goals would you be happy to let them beat us by if it doesnt mean anything.

dont give a toss about the result (never have done in friendlies)...as long as the team get through with no injuries and the fitness/performance levels are increasing ready for the next pre season match following

So MU sign Bastian, Darmian and soon to be Schneiderlin with Otamendi

City sign Sterling and soon maybe will sign De Bruyne/Pogba

Arsenal sign Cech and might sign someone like Benzema/Cavani

We are just sitting here getting our ass rejected by every high profile players we want to sign(Isco, Pogba, Turan) or not linked with anyone big at all. Having to settle for some unknown Chilean and Pedro a discard winger from Barca. I am genuinely worried, we are good enough to challenge for the title as long as Jose is here but winning it is a different matter. It is not like we are short of money either, City shown that FFP is in the bin now(as UEFA admitted a few weeks ago) so why the hell are we still trying to play by the rule when it is clear no one is following it. Just go out there and throw 40m on someone like Reus/Isco/Gotze. Boom AM section sorted for a few years.

Not sure what you are talking about. The press rumors are not true, and it means we are getting rejected?

To be honest, the players you mentioned, only Pogba would add anything special in the squad. Isco and Turan are not needed here at all.

Not sure what you are talking about. The press rumors are not true, and it means we are getting rejected?

To be honest, the players you mentioned, only Pogba would add anything special in the squad. Isco and Turan are not needed here at all.

Isco is better than Oscar whether you like it or not and Turan is better than Oscar and Willian.

I don't think you have seen Isco play regularly, as he would definitely add something different to our midfield.

So MU sign Bastian, Darmian and soon to be Schneiderlin with Otamendi

City sign Sterling and soon maybe will sign De Bruyne/Pogba

Arsenal sign Cech and might sign someone like Benzema/Cavani

We are just sitting here getting our ass rejected by every high profile players we want to sign(Isco, Pogba, Turan) or not linked with anyone big at all. Having to settle for some unknown Chilean and Pedro a discard winger from Barca. I am genuinely worried, we are good enough to challenge for the title as long as Jose is here but winning it is a different matter. It is not like we are short of money either, City shown that FFP is in the bin now(as UEFA admitted a few weeks ago) so why the hell are we still trying to play by the rule when it is clear no one is following it. Just go out there and throw 40m on someone like Reus/Isco/Gotze. Boom AM section sorted for a few years.

Our last Barca cast off worked out well, why should this one -- if it's legit -- be any different?

Also, according to the Chelsea insiders worth their salt we were either never in for, or strongly chasing, those players who "rejected" us -- if they were even on the market to begin with.

Isco is better than Oscar whether you like it or not and Turan is better than Oscar and Willian.

Turan is not better than Oscar and Willian. Isco is not better than Oscar. Wheter you like ir or not.

Sorry my friend bit I never thought I would ever hear that come from one of our own mouths. facepalm_zpsltsjtf98.gif

I shall leave it at that.

You need to get over yourself if you are that bothered about pre season results.

Crikeys...we have got to play Barca and PSG as well....could easily lose them if they are further ahead in their own preseason with regards to fitness and playing time for individual players.

It must have been hard for you when we lost 3-0 to Werder Bremen in a pre season not so long back.

The Charity shield is just part of pre season and regarded as a friendly even by the FA. I would rather lose and the squad be completely injury free with some quality match fitness gained ready for the next match 3 days later over a hard fought must win at all costs and players coming off with bad knocks and strains ans so therefore possibly jeopordising season start a week later.

Obviously its nice to win every pre season but bigger picture always prevails

You need to get over yourself if you are that bothered about pre season results.

Crikeys...we have got to play Barca and PSG as well....could easily lose them if they are further ahead in their own preseason with regards to fitness and playing time for individual players.

It must have been hard for you when we lost 3-0 to Werder Bremen in a pre season not so long back.

The Charity shield is just part of pre season and regarded as a friendly even by the FA. I would rather lose and the squad be completely injury free with some quality match fitness gained ready for the next match 3 days later over a hard fought must win at all costs and players coming off with bad knocks and strains ans so therefore possibly jeopordising season start a week later.

Obviously its nice to win every pre season but bigger picture always prevails

Look mate its got bugga all to do with pre season,health,fitness,Werder Bremen.

You dont have to have been to one of our games to understand the deep ummm feeling we have towards them. Its a natural hatred towards them. Its in our DNA. Thats why it hurt so much Big Pete going to them. Would we give a fuck if he went to Southampton? Would we buggary.

Losing to 'them' at anything just isn't on.

Look mate its got bugga all to do with pre season,health,fitness,Werder Bremen.

You dont have to have been to one of our games to understand the deep ummm feeling we have towards them. Its a natural hatred towards them. Its in our DNA. Thats why it hurt so much Big Pete going to them. Would we give a fuck if he went to Southampton? Would we buggary.

Losing to 'them' at anything just isn't on.

Most probably been to close to a thousand odd games over the years...so don't preach to me what's natural hatred and what not.

To not like Leeds is natural...that is in our D.N.A .