Hotseat 10: Spike

Spike

What's your dream job?

How was your trip to the U.S? Would you want to permanently live here?

If you could have one super-power what would it be and why?

Who are your 5 favorite non-Chelsea players, currently playing?

I would enjoy writing for a shitty journal like Vice, Pitchfork or Cracked.

I really enjoyed it. Maybe, but there are aspects of America that deeply upset me. For instance America has the Australians Iggy Azalea and Mel Gibson.

Zlatan, Iniesta, Pirlo, Zanetti (I know he just retired) and Totti.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wire (Pink Flag)

Buzzcocks (Singles Going Steady)

Descendents (Milo Goes To College)

Refused (The Shape of Punk to Come: A Chimerical Bombination In Twelve Bursts)

The Clash (London Calling)

There are a lot of 'Punkish' Post-Punk/New Wave/Etc bands that I really love like: Joy Division, Television, Gang of Four, Perfect Pussy, Minutemen, Rancid, NoFX, PiL, Talking Heads, Nick Cave, amongst others.

But I've been listening to this all day:

PiLFlowersOfRomance.jpg

Public Image Ltd - The Flowers of Romance

No love for Minor Threat?

What is your worst memory of Chelsea history?

What you don´t like about Chelsea?

In recent memory the 5-3 loss to Arsenal was absolutely horrifying.

Not much. I don't like fans that state or even just imply they are superior due to living in London and having supported the club before Roman Ambramovic. When I started gaining an interest I was about 10 years old I knew of about two clubs: Real Madrid and Manchester United. As far as I was concerned Chelsea beating ManUtd was incredibly impressive (I saw it on the morning news). I played FIFA '98 on the PSone and played football everyday at school but it wasn't till I was about 16 I actually could watch live games on the TV of any football. I literally had no access to the sport up until then outside of the morning news.

I'm sorry if my response is nonsensical, I'm out of my medication and my head is swimming in dizziness.

In recent memory the 5-3 loss to Arsenal was absolutely horrifying.

FFS I'd just gotten over that Jake. Twat.

1. What would you say is the biggest difference between British and Australian culture?

(P.S. don't say that we're funnier than you because that's just fucking obvious. Also don't mention that you're better than us at every sport we've ever invented. I'm thinking beyond those).

2. If you could move and live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

3. Favourite-ever Chelsea player?

4. Best film you've seen in 2014?

FFS I'd just gotten over that Jake. Twat.

1. What would you say is the biggest difference between British and Australian culture?

(P.S. don't say that we're funnier than you because that's just fucking obvious. Also don't mention that you're better than us at every sport we've ever invented. I'm thinking beyond those).

2. If you could move and live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

3. Favourite-ever Chelsea player?

4. Best film you've seen in 2014?

1. We swear a lot more. British people swear a lot compared to Americans, Australians swear a lot compared to Brits. In general we are much harder to offend I believe, I feel British often look for reasons to be offended by things. Terms that are big no-nos in England are relatively unoffensive here (I don't want to say them). Rhyming slang was once a thing here, but it's dying fast. I remember my grandfather used a few.

The drug culture is very much limited to ectasy, LSD and marijuana with both being very, very easy to obtain especially from my experience in Brisbane. I've been there done that with clubs, parties and benders. Not interested in the slightest anymore. As a young person you won't find too many parties without either. Harder drugs like crack and heroin are more restricted to places like Melbourne, I feel, it's not unheard of in other places but it's far more limited due to cost restraints. You won't find many crackheads in Queensland but you'll find an absolutely massive traffic of ecstasy around the Gold Coast. Apparently meth is very big in Western Australia and regional parts of Queensland and New South Wales. Probably due to the high amount of labourous jobs and if you've met someone on meth who isn't a total junkie you'd know they are the most motivated people in the world. It also doesn't help that Australia is by fact proven by a study held by Blomberg to be the most vice prone country ranging everywhere from gambling to solvents.

A strange observation was made by Londoner at a pub I was once she said Brits in general are a lot more direct with people whereas Australians are far more likely to speak about people when they aren't around. There are many other things, Brits are more caught up in politics than Aussies, if an Aussie is talking about current events or politics they are talking out their arse.

2. Being with the significant other would be the obvious choice but I'd like to live somewhere like Montreal. I've had enough extreme heat, time for some extreme cold. I'd love to visit Japan, China, Argentina, Colombia, Brazil, Spain, France, Belgium, Canada amongst other countries. Not much interest in the UK and Ireland to be honest. I've met some lovely Poms and Paddies but I've never, and I mean never met a Scottish person that I did not detest with my entire being. Maybe a fella like Ryan could change my mind but as of right now I have no love for Scotland.

3. Frank Lampard, but Paulo Ferreira is a handsome bastard.

4. Best of film of 2014 would be X-Men but the best I've watched would be the German film 'M'.

Alright, Spike

Do you like Rufus, the band

Do you like Tyler, the Creator

Why haven't you listened to section.80 yet

Do you think that alcohol is a horrible poison

How are things with R.A.

How did your friends and family take it when you said you were going to America to meet your girlfriend whom you had met on a forum of about 20 posters

Alright, Spike

Do you like Rufus, the band

Do you like Tyler, the Creator

Why haven't you listened to section.80 yet

Do you think that alcohol is a horrible poison

How are things with R.A.

How did your friends and family take it when you said you were going to America to meet your girlfriend whom you had met on a forum of about 20 posters

Never listened to them.

He is alright. Big ass ears though.

Laziness.

Probably. Kills a lot of people.

Pretty good.

I lied.

The word 'billy' is a blight on the otherwise faultless Australian idiom. Just call it a bong, fuck sake.

I do have another question. Why is editing posts so difficult on this forum when using a mobile?

What is/was your preferred method of cannabis consumption? If you say "I like billys" or "I like those joints you get at dodgy servos", then I might have to take drastic action.

I used to enjoy a cone or two out of the old billy. It's obvious why they are called billys mate. Bong -> Billy -> Billabong. Step it up mate.

It sounds shit though

Also billys/bongs are shit. Why would you compromise enjoyment for efficiency? You can't even taste the weed! Plus the high (for me at least) tends to be rollercoaster-like. I shoot up ridiculously high, plateau for about 2 seconds when I peak then come crashing down just as fast. That's no fun, I want to stay there for a good hour or so before coming down and a joint does that.

Oh I figured out how to edit posts with the mobile skin

It sounds shit though

Also billys/bongs are shit. Why would you compromise enjoyment for efficiency? You can't even taste the weed! Plus the high (for me at least) tends to be rollercoaster-like. I shoot up ridiculously high, plateau for about 2 seconds when I peak then come crashing down just as fast. That's no fun, I want to stay there for a good hour or so before coming down and a joint does that.

Well for starters you have a high tolerance. As of right now I don't. Whenever I smoked bongs I'd get so fucking high so fast for song long. I'd be stoned like crazy all night. And whenever we smoked bongs it was an night of it. The bong would be passed around for hours and you'd have about 5-10 cones.

2. Being with the significant other would be the obvious choice but I'd like to live somewhere like Montreal. I've had enough extreme heat, time for some extreme cold. I'd love to visit Japan, China, Argentina, Colombia, Brazil, Spain, France, Belgium, Canada amongst other countries. Not much interest in the UK and Ireland to be honest. I've met some lovely Poms and Paddies but I've never, and I mean never met a Scottish person that I did not detest with my entire being. Maybe a fella like Ryan could change my mind but as of right now I have no love for Scotland.

I don't blame you having no love for Scotland, its fucking shite everywhere more or less, well in places like Glasgow, Dundee and Edinburgh it is. I advise anyone coming to those places in Scotland for a 'holiday' or to live here, don't fucking bother it pisses rain and you'll probably end up stabbed by some bearded meth head thinking you've got his gear. Although there is whiskey aplenty here its still not worth it. In fact if I were going on holiday or looking for somewhere to live I would just forget the whole of the fucking UK exists.

I know what you mean :Goober:

CC: :ph34r:

Fortunately hes never met me.

I don't blame you having no love for Scotland, its fucking shite everywhere more or less, well in places like Glasgow, Dundee and Edinburgh it is. I advise anyone coming to those places in Scotland for a 'holiday' or to live here, don't fucking bother it pisses rain and you'll probably end up stabbed by some bearded meth head thinking you've got his gear. Although there is whiskey aplenty here its still not worth it. In fact if I were going on holiday or looking for somewhere to live I would just forget the whole of the fucking UK exists.

Fortunately hes never met me.

You should work for the Scottish tourist board, pal!