test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,977 posts in this topic
45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah...until you realize we won't spend a penny of it any time soon.

True. But we're lucky there was one team that was desperate enough to have him that they'll pay far more than any other club would. Not sure any other side in Europe can get mega fees for players they aren't even using like we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic player for us, before the china saga, he was a monster. Can single handedly win you game and his ability to fight with two cb at once is just brilliant. People may not like it but he is one of the best striker we ever had.

Thank you diego, good luck in la liga. Except against us in ucl

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, edetarod said:

He was the type of striker that could win you the league, not sure about Morata 

not happy about this at all 

Why do people keep saying that and pretend like the 2015/16 season didn't exist?

There were times when we fans actually wanted fucking Traore to start instead of him.

He's not Drogba. He will never reach the class level of someone like Drogba. For me he will be remembered as the striker who scored almost as many goals as Salomon Kalou, which is an insult to veteran Kalou in my honest fucked-up opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Why do people keep saying that and pretend like the 2015/16 season didn't exist?

There were times when we fans actually wanted fucking Traore to start instead of him.

He's not Drogba. He will never reach the class level of someone like Drogba. For me he will be remembered as the striker who scored almost as many goals as Salomon Kalou, which is an insult to veteran Kalou in my honest fucked-up opinion.

Even in his shitty season (2015/16) he scored 16 goals. Drogba has scored more than 16 only in 2 out of 9 season he spent at the club. You can argue about theirs personalities, that's fine (even if first years of Drogba were pretty similar to first years of Costa; Drogba even criticezed team in the press, which Costa never did), but Costa was terrific player and goalscorer and bad half of the season doesn't change that.

Essien19 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pHaRaOn said:

Even in his shitty season (2015/16) he scored 16 goals. Drogba has scored more than 16 only in 2 out of 9 season he spent at the club. You can argue about theirs personalities, that's fine (even if first years of Drogba were pretty similar to first years of Costa; Drogba even criticezed team in the press, which Costa never did), but Costa was terrific player and goalscorer and bad half of the season doesn't change that.

If you're insinuating that Costa is cut from same cloth as Drogba (quality-wise) then I happily disagree. Didier, despite the times in which he was critisized, is comfortably superior in my opinion, from his fighting spirit to his free-kick and aerial skills. I don't think this matter should ever be discussed to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

 

They can't really do that can they? First of all he's unavailavle until January because of Atletico's ban and second of all the transfer window is closed and he won't be officially their player anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wes said:

If we get transfer banned we won't be spending for a while ffs :(:(

Worst case scenario we will have Ruben-Baker-Tammy-Aina-Baba-Boga-Kalas-Miazga-Pasalic-Zouma-Van Ginkel-Blackman to call upon and no doubt afew more lol and with Gary Cahill at 31/32 being the oldest outfield player mmm think we are in better shape than some other clubs , but surely Cfc and board lol have not been that silly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, different level said:

They can't really do that can they? First of all he's unavailavle until January because of Atletico's ban and second of all the transfer window is closed and he won't be officially their player anytime soon.

Not sure what the rule is with the official unveiling but don't think there's anything that stops them from casually (re-)introducing Costa to the Atleti crowd.

OhForAGreavsie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the circumstances that sounds like a good deal for us. But then again I'm not especially thrilled with the situation that leads to us losing one of our best strikers since I'm watching football. Don't get me wrong, Diego has only himself to blame and it's never nice to keep a disruptive player around no matter how talented he is. Obviously Conte thought the same and the club supported him which was the right thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the wes said:

What about Timo Werner?? 

He is good but we need someone who's approaching his peak or is in his peak. Worth remembering that Willian and Pedro are also getting on a bit. Both 29 and 30 respectively already.

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.