Diego Costa

Spike

I get going off to the wing sometimes but it's like he spends most of the time of the wing.

When they don't get the ball through the middle when they want it, most of our strikers drift out wide to at least try and stretch the opposition defense. Like didierforever mentioned, its happened with Torres aplenty before.

Hopefully Fabregas will start playing more direct passes through the middle like he did in midweek.

Whatever, he put in a hearty performance today. That's all I care about. If he's banned, so be it, he still helped us through one of the biggest games this season in the Prem and have condemned Arsenal effectively for next game to a make shift back 4. Also he was already public enemy number 1 previously, so nothing has changed. Yet any other set of supporters would take him in their team (except City and Barca) because even when he's not scoring, he still severely inconveniences the back 4.

Plus, sadistically really, I like to hear other fans cry and bitch about him.

Remy is a more than able deputy.

Probably one of his best games for us yet to be honest despite no goal I thought. His movement was excellent, he ran the channels, held it well, pressed and ultimately put himself about which maybe he did too well but you wouldn't change him for anybody except maybe Lewandowski, Aguero or Suarez. He is vital to this team.

But, but, but he isn't "flashy"

People getting moralistic over Costa need to blame the board. They knew exactly what they were getting as he was more antagonistic at Athletico. He has got more players sent off than he has been sent off himself. Nearly all the the best strikers, Sanchez, Suarez, Rooney, Costa etc come from the rough end of the street. Winding up is part of the game, and if he cant score he gets in the face of the defender.

One of those players who is a complete cunt if hes playing for someone else, but great in a chelsea shirt.

As we speak the gooners on social media are going into meltdown, spouting piety as if they have the moral high ground. They have the moral authority of a paedophiles penis.

ESPN Brazil had exclusive cameras in the match today and caught most of both altercations.

http://espn.uol.com.br/video/544319_veja-momento-em-que-gabriel-acerta-chute-em-diego-costa?target=ultimos

Do I approve of this dirty ways? No, but I think people are way too moralist here anyways. This kind of thing - at least on my side of the globe - are somewhat common in a football match. Not the trying to rip another eye role, like he did with Kolschieny or whatever we spell his name. He shouldn't have done that. But if you think Gabriel hasn't said all kind of shit for him, you're mistaken. If you think players don't do it more subtly in basically every match, you're also mistaken. Diego takes it a bit too far imo, but he isn't the criminal some make him out to be. Just because others whisper their offenses instead of yelling them at the top of their lungs, it doesn't mean they're saints.

He needs to cool down a little bit and I wish he would focus more on getting inside the box. I don't have much of a problem of him getting the ball out of the box sometimes, but that's not where he should be most of the time and as I team we need to force him to move there. Pass the ball around, to other people, to the real wingers (and now we have two of them in the team), force him to get inside the box, by not picking him out of it very often.

I want him to tone down some of his dirty moves, but it doesn't mean there isn't a lot of dirty things being said there between players that we don't notice and the cameras don't catch. And there are a lot of hands, elbows, arms and fingers slipping there they shouldn't in a football match. He just needs to tone it down some, but let's not pretend football players are nuns out of habit.

Probably one of his best games for us yet to be honest despite no goal I thought. His movement was excellent, he ran the channels, held it well, pressed and ultimately put himself about which maybe he did too well but you wouldn't change him for anybody except maybe Lewandowski, Aguero or Suarez. He is vital to this team.

I agree about his physical presence. Fans in general tend to overlook that part of the game. He kept their entire defence busy, showing great energy levels with his pressing and back-tracking. He did that brilliantly. Although I did think he wasn't a big enough presence in the middle to threaten goal.

But I thought his play on the ball was poor for the most part. Either by killing attacks because of poor touches and dribbling into traffic. Link up play wasn't quite at the level you'd want it.

Mixed performance for me.