Unofficial Champions of England

jonaaibosk

On the Dundee United forum I post on we have a thread called Unofficial Champions of Scotland, where we take the previous years champions and follow results and watch as the unofficial championships changed hands. It can become quite interesting when the champions usually Celtic (and previously Rangers) lose in Europe and the title ends up in a foreign country and can bounce about between some random Scandinavian teams.

I thought I'd give it a shot here and we can track the progress. By my calculations, correct me if in wrong, the current unofficial Champions would be Southampton.

2013 League winners: Manchester United

Manchester United 0-1 Liverpool. Liverpool take the crown

Liverpool 0-1 Southampton. Southampton take the crown.

By my calculations the first chance of the crown going abroad will be if Man Utd beat Southampton and then lose to Real Sociedad in the Champions league.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norwich can't take the crown from Southampton before they've won it. Norwich beat Southampton before Southampton beat Liverpool

Oh. So, the sequence also matters

Hilarious idea lol. But why would the crown pass on to europe when it says champions of england?

Simply for the heck of it I assume

Oh. So, the sequence also matters

Simply for the heck of it I assume

Some pub team in europe beats united and we'll have to start following weird leagues to see who the champions are. I say leave europe out. What happens in england, stays in england :wank2:

Some pub team in europe beats united and we'll have to start following weird leagues to see who the champions are. I say leave europe out. What happens in england, stays in england :wank2:

Having Europe in it is part of the fun. The whole idea was created on the basis that when a team beats another team that makes them better. (It's derived from the idea that when Scotland beat England in 1967, in England's first match after winning the World Cup, Scotland became the Unofficial World Champions)

It's just a bit a fun and not meant to be taken too seriously.