Stand up For The Cfc

mac.bo

Looking at the everton game , i swear behind the goal it was a terrace as no mutherchucker was sitting the whole game (what stewards do they have!) So lets make Stamford Bridge either The old shed or Maty Harding end over 18 standing who agrees? It would up our attendence and atmosphere,let me hear comments?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the club won't listen. They care more about little kids and grumpy old shits being pleased because people are sitting down. They always pull out the 'health and safety' excuse as well and often chuck out people who persistently stand or encourage others to. (Even though they let away fans stand up). It wouldn't up our attendance because we can't increase the capacity of the ground by taking away seats and replacing with standing areas because standing isn't legal in the Premier League and we can't increase capacity anyway because of health and safety, evacuation procedure etc. There are also lots of people in the MH and Shed who are below 18 who are actually quite loud as well, whereas there are also miserable old twats who shout 'sit down' at them and don't make any noise at all and really should be in the East or West stands if they are going to be quiet

Exactly m8 , And my thinking it would put our attendence upto about 8/10 thousand and bring us upto the magic 50,000 then forget about all the moving shit or expanding costing .. 10 mill would short it !!

• 1 month later...

The old shed end used to electric when i went over in the early 90's ,didnt go over for a while ,then went back over with the seating and i came home dissapointed just not the same. I've been to afew away games and big shout out to all the supporters who make it great i wish afew thousand more of these fans every week at Stamford Bridge!

The problem is, because of the 'hooligan' tags that British football fans have, the PL will be unlikely to consider such proposals at the moment. The tragedy of Hillsborough will still be in the minds of the FA & PL (somewhat) to yet consider it. There are a few lower league clubs that are implementing 'standing only', but even those are in trial phases. Still have a long way to go before such moves will occur..

It would spine chilling to see Stamford bridge have the atmosphere of the likes of dortmunds or fenerbache's. We can only dream of standing support being allowed in our stadium sadly.

Imagine our home crowd was like this :worship: :

This shit is unreal!

I like going to the stadium most of the time because of the atmosphere. The game can be shit as hell but the atmosphere and some drinks make the sport awesome! B)

Taken from fans forum minutes with club officials, which took place 4 weeks ago

Safe standing/ singing areas

Fans asked if the Club would consider safe standing. The Club said this was addressed last season in the Forum and its position hasn’t changed. It is aware of the campaign but is not planning to get involved. If legislation changes the Club will consider its position.

The singing area for the Spurs cup final in 2008 didn’t work well. The Shed End singing area has been a success and the Club is happy to look at the option in the ground in other stands without moving STs. Therefore the problem is that only the wings of the West Lower, in that tier for instance, would be free to group singers together.

The under-16 concessions were increased to under-18 and the Club is looking at increasing concessions further to under-21. Options for moving these fans when they leave the family area are limited.

The Club has had acoustics checked when the sub-committee was running. Microphones won’t be introduced not least as the Club and supporters would be criticised for this.

Representatives commented that the West Lower in particular is poor for singing. There is a mixture of reasons but it ultimately it doesn’t contain a hard core of loud supporters. The Club said the option of having singers in the Shed End was much easier as there were no ST holders before the current system was implemented. The West Lower has mostly ST holders already.

The Club is happy to readdress atmosphere issues. Fresh ideas are welcome as the Club is aware it helps the team. Fans groups will revisit this to consider new ideas.

Some fans commented that safe standing would be the most important introduction. Away fans stand anyway. One commented that more positive songs than anti-Spurs chants would encourage singers. Another commented that players encouraging the fans, as Dennis Wise used to do when taking corners, had a big effect. Chants printed in the programme are an option but the Club responded that this leaves it open to criticism for spoon-feeding fans. New songs arise naturally from small groups of fans anyway, often at away matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Dortmund fans in their badass mood vs Schalke

http://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussball/1_bundesliga/bvb-fans-randalieren-beim-revierderby-id8604391.html

Imagine seeing this in the EPL. A good atmosphere can really improve a boring game. Personally I sometimes like watching games just because of the nice atmosphere