Oscar

themightyblue

Ohhh cammon.

Someone is saying that in his opinion oscar is not world class... it's his opinion so stop to attack him...

<_<

Yeah it's his opinion, but when he says stuff like "Oscar is a horrible number 10 and has a shit first touch" he's bound to get attacked.

I think he's been a little shit the second half of the season. Then again so has Ramires

Flame me

No one will flame you for saying that, because it's true, he hasn't been good in this half of the season, but when you start sprouting out the stuff that haranr has been saying of course you'll get questioned.

No one is saying Oscar is worldclass, we simply don't think Oscar is shit like our friend here is thinking

I want you again to understand my claim! Oscar is good, I love him but he is not a good playmaker, not world-class. I believe we need another world-class AM next to Hazard.

And just a small point, I think Oscar is better than Willian.

He posted that after this

No problem. His general play is just not good enough. Vision- not good enough - passes - not good enough - technique - not good enough. Simple as that.

For me he plays much much much better on the wing. Not as a winger but on the left side. His first touch is quite bad and that is the reason he finds it so hard to preform in the middle.

okay, let me do the drill for you as it seems nobody is bothered enough saying the obvious to you.

As many said he's inconsistent because he's 22. He's received a lot of praise from Mourinho, Scolari, Buffon, pundits, other coaches because of what they can see, not because they picked a kid to praise.

He's shown he has a huge ceiling based on things he does out of nothing like that goal. A goal like that isn't luck. He's played similar stuff for us in the last two seasons. He's got a very good finishing, he distributes balls very well, he's got a good vision and for a while this season he's tried the splitting passes - more mistakes than right ones - in a few matches because I think Mourinho released him to do as such. His first touch is very good I don't know what makes you believe otherwise. Those things and much more are common in his game when he's in form, the thing is he's been having a dip of it - something expected from a 22yo. Let's not forget Hazard for example, was nowhere in good form this season until december or last season between october and january. And that's because those kids are just that, kids. They have to grow.

So about the time José asked the team to change, when he came to the conclusion he had to work in the defense first, and we've switched our style around the Arsenal match in december, he limited his attacking actions. It has nothing to do with his dip of form, which came a couple of weeks later and he really struggled for a while.

I watch this boy playing for Brazil and I know it's only a matter of time before he's comfortable enough playing that level more consistently. It's much easier for him to play in a NT system (which even England's NT is different from English football) because of the space, the less physicality, the pace of the matches. I've been questioning myself if he'll ever be able to fully develop and reach his potential at Premier League. But that's only a vague question because there hasn't been enough time to say as much. I see glimpses of a very special player, and when he's in form those glimpses are quite often.

We can't expect him to replace Mata because they're different kind of players and I think that's the nail of the problem. People expecting him to be Mata reloaded or improved are in for something else. They aren't nearly the same kind of player. While Oscar is creative and has vision to an extend, Mata is special. But Mata has a lot of other limitations that make his creativity and vision a liability for a football as physical as English - which means going to United instead of moving out of England was a mistake imo.

But Oscar showed us many times he has the potential, the ability and the talent. He just need to nurture, mature and develop those things further and then be consistent about them. I don't know how you failed to see it. But to each their own...

okay, let me do the drill for you as it seems nobody is bothered enough saying the obvious to you.

As many said he's inconsistent because he's 22. He's received a lot of praise from Mourinho, Scolari, Buffon, pundits, other coaches because of what they can see, not because they picked a kid to praise.

He's shown he has a huge ceiling based on things he does out of nothing like that goal. A goal like that isn't luck. He's played similar stuff for us in the last two seasons. He's got a very good finishing, he distributes balls very well, he's got a good vision and for a while this season he's tried the splitting passes - more mistakes than right ones - in a few matches because I think Mourinho released him to do as such. His first touch is very good I don't know what makes you believe otherwise. Those things and much more are common in his game when he's in form, the thing is he's been having a dip of it - something expected from a 22yo. Let's not forget Hazard for example, was nowhere in good form this season until december or last season between october and january. And that's because those kids are just that, kids. They have to grow.

So about the time José asked the team to change, when he came to the conclusion he had to work in the defense first, and we've switched our style around the Arsenal match in december, he limited his attacking actions. It has nothing to do with his dip of form, which came a couple of weeks later and he really struggled for a while.

I watch this boy playing for Brazil and I know it's only a matter of time before he's comfortable enough playing that level more consistently. It's much easier for him to play in a NT system (which even England's NT is different from English football) because of the space, the less physicality, the pace of the matches. I've been questioning myself if he'll ever be able to fully develop and reach his potential at Premier League. But that's only a vague question because there hasn't been enough time to say as much. I see glimpses of a very special player, and when he's in form those glimpses are quite often.

We can't expect him to replace Mata because they're different kind of players and I think that's the nail of the problem. People expecting him to be Mata reloaded or improved are in for something else. They aren't nearly the same kind of player. While Oscar is creative and has vision to an extend, Mata is special. But Mata has a lot of other limitations that make his creativity and vision a liability for a football as physical as English - which means going to United instead of moving out of England was a mistake imo.

But Oscar showed us many times he has the potential, the ability and the talent. He just need to nurture, mature and develop those things further and then be consistent about them. I don't know how you failed to see it. But to each their own...

You are just simply wrong about somethings. Let's start off that he is a very talented player but his talent isn't big enough. His inconsistent is a huge problem but that's not what I am talking about. Even when he has his good game, I don't think he is good enough. His vision is quite bad which is a fact, his passing tecnique also isn't good, his first touch is also not good enough, if u fail to see it I can't explain shit to u. I want to keep him in the team but I haven't seen a good performance in a very long time now.

I guess we should replace Hazard with Bale or Ronaldo or Reus as well...

Also, we had Mata next to Hazard and that sure turned out well.

Hazard is amazing. and YES last season Mata and Hazard played fantastically together, Oscar links just fine with Hazard, not good enough in my opinion.

According to you, no Chelsea player is good enough to start for Chelsea.... You are very critic about every player, i dont get it....

For me, Willian and Oscar are not good enough true. I want Oscar to stay in Chelsea becuase I hope he will become good enough next season, but atm I just don't see improvment and sometimes he is just horrible. Willian I don't want to see playing first team football, too stupid and a shit playmaker even more than Oscar. To be fair our only real playmaker in the team is Hazard.

Oscar+Wondergoal.gif

Awful, just awful...

Oh God u are jsut stupid. You make a video of all his first touches and then we'll talk dumbass, Oscar impressed me too alot last season but this season he has jsut been not good enough and I am not sure he will ever be world-class.

For me, Willian and Oscar are not good enough true. I want Oscar to stay in Chelsea becuase I hope he will become good enough next season, but atm I just don't see improvment and sometimes he is just horrible. Willian I don't want to see playing first team football, too stupid and a shit playmaker even more than Oscar. To be fair our only real playmaker in the team is Hazard.

I think it's time you stopped watching football.

I think it's time you stopped watching football.

Stop trying to mock me and instead you replay what u think. You are an idiot if you think a team like Chelsea is okay to have only 1 AM who is World-class. We are in the semis damn and if we want to be as good and big as Barca Real Bayern we will need better AM than Oscar and Willian. -FFFAAACCCTTTTT

Stop trying to mock me and instead you replay what u think. You are an idiot if you think a team like Chelsea is okay to have only 1 AM who is World-class. We are in the semis damn and if we want to be as good and big as Barca Real Bayern we will need better AM than Oscar and Willian. -FFFAAACCCTTTTT

If I wanted to mock you I would, and it wouldn't be difficult. We can play Hazard, Oscar and Willian as #10 and on the contrary to your belief they can play there and very well too. Your dismissive view is one of very high ignorance and quite a popular way of going on for a typical impatient football fan.

If you want to talk about facts I have two here that it isn't up for debate......Barcelona have been knocked out and we are in the semi finals.

Check, and check mate. Take your baseless facts elsewhere.

If I wanted to mock you I would, and it wouldn't be difficult. We can play Hazard, Oscar and Willian as #10 and on the contrary to your belief they can play there and very well too. Your dismissive view is one of very high ignorance and quite a popular way of going on for a typical impatient football fan.

If you want to talk about facts I have two here that it isn't up for debate......Barcelona have been knocked out and we are in the semi finals.

Check, and check mate. Take your baseless facts elsewhere.

This is how stupid you are. You are giving me facts that don't even represent your point, I mean, Are you trying to say we are better or as good as Barcelona??? You probably also don't understand my point. Oscar can play good in the 10 role also Willian, but is he good enough?? You believe we shouldn't add any AM to our squad next season???? I think we find it so hard to create chances when Hazard is out because our other AM are not good enough. Would'nt you think if we had another player like Hazard, Reus, someone who is really World-class, wouldn't it make it much easier, THIS IS MY POINT!! Oscar is not that guy and I am not sure he will ever be.

Oh God u are jsut stupid. You make a video of all his first touches and then we'll talk dumbass, Oscar impressed me too alot last season but this season he has jsut been not good enough and I am not sure he will ever be world-class.

Not sure if I should even dignify this with a response but I'll bite. Honestly I've watched Oscar for a long time before he even joined Chelsea and his touch has always been impeccable. Even in his last game against Swansea I recall him coming on and taking the ball away from a player in one touch in the penalty area. I can agree he's had a dip in form, especially considering how amazing he was in the first half of the season but it's erroneous to compare Oscar to Mata in your critiques of him. To quote a previous post:

As many have pointed out Oscar is 22. I repeat 22. His potential is mouthwatering.

It's world cup year and he's Brasil's number 10. If he can perform at the level that we all know he is capable of, like Ozil did in 2010, his stock and reputation will only get even higher. He's already shown an unwavering ability to cope with high pressure situations: scoring a world-class hatrick in the u20 world cup, performing incredibly in Europe and least of all stepping up as Brasils undisputed number 10 at 21. I'm just praying he stays injury free and has a great world cup. Hopefully those questioning his ability will put in there place then. It's just a shame that some need this. He played a mindboggling 77 games in 2013 winning the man of the match award in the 7 consecutive games for Brazil. He averaged a goal every 90 mins, the same as Ronaldo and better that Messi (91 mins per goal) and Lewandowski (100 mins per goal) in the Europe last season. Honestly if he was at another club we'd be dreaming of signing him.

Also his assists may not have been incredible last year but his industry at only 21 led him to make more tackles in last season (109) than Mata and Hazard’s combined (69). This will only improve under Jose. Nevertheless, putting his 12 assists from last season aside I feel it is a huge dis-service to Oscar to constantly bring up his assists in judging his attacking contribution for us. Oscar as a playmaker is very much in the mould of a Kaka. In the year Kaka won Balon D'Or he played 41 games, scored 19 goals and had 12 assists. The year before when he was voted best playmaker of the year he only had 9 assists. These are good numbers but hardly reflect what Kaka brought to Milan.

Fact is Oscar is 22 and shows a maturity to his game that far exceeds his years. With the guidance of Mourinho and practically a guarantee starter for many years to come he can only get better. :blue scalf:

Adding to this: "It would be crude to label Oscar as a classic Brazilian #10. That stereotypical technical player is given a free role in midfield, and is charged with the defense splitting vision to feed the goal scorers upfront. They draw the plaudits for technique and vision, shimmying away from challenges nonchalantly before unexpectedly showing the type of creativity fans can’t help but applaud. Crude, not because Oscar isn’t capable of these things (he most certainly is), but because it detracts from how modern of a player he is, having evolved past these tired old labels in much the same way the game of football has evolved over the past decades. His game is less about swagger and more about intelligent decision making, fueled by his crisp passing and delicate touches. His first touch, in particular, is excellent, and his ability to pop up throughout the pitch, with a well timed late run into the box or a one-two on the flanks, can make you feel like he is playing multiple positions. And in many ways, he is."

People love the idea of having world-class talents at Chelsea but as someone mentioned earlier, the moment they suffer slight dips in form people lose their minds!

This is how stupid you are. You are giving me facts that don't even represent your point, I mean, Are you trying to say we are better or as good as Barcelona??? You probably also don't understand my point. Oscar can play good in the 10 role also Willian, but is he good enough?? You believe we shouldn't add any AM to our squad next season???? I think we find it so hard to create chances when Hazard is out because our other AM are not good enough. Would'nt you think if we had another player like Hazard, Reus, someone who is really World-class, wouldn't it make it much easier, THIS IS MY POINT!! Oscar is not that guy and I am not sure he will ever be.

Look, enough of the personal insults, I have not insulted you so leave it out will you. Willian played as a #10 against Stoke and was impeccable, but I suppose you will ignore that. Why should we add to the AM next season when we are stacked there. We have Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle and even Piazon who can play there, and you want to pay more money out for that role? Your point is pointless, it's that simple. This isn't football manager nor is it FIFA where you can buy and buy and buy, not only that you cannot keep a squad full of world class talent, it's impossible.