Ben Sahar

PaulHopkins

Goal.com is reporting that Dutch giants Ajax are interested in signing Chelsea youngster Ben Sahar.

The striker is currently on loan at Doetinchem outfit De Graafschap.

The Israeli international joined Chelsea in 2006, but the 19 year old has spent much of the time farmed out on loan to other

I don't think he will ever be up to scratch. He's an okay player but a team like Chelsea needs truly special players. Of course they will probably be my famous last words, if he goes elsewhere and bags a sack full of goals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Espanyol hope to sign Chelsea striker Ben Sahar.

The Spanish side will meet with the Israel front man’s agent this week and believe they can get their man for about £800,000.

Sahar, 19, has made just five substitute appearances in three years at Chelsea and

has been loaned out frequently.

It is difficlut to know what will happen with Sahar now. He had a couple of poor seasons and in December it looked certain we would let him go. But he has had a very good second half of the season on loan and has looked back to a very good level. The club may well decide to give him another loan to see if he can keep that level up, regular football is the key though. The move to Pompey looking back was a very bad choice....

According to a report in Het Laatste Nieuws, Belgian giants Anderlecht are considering making of move for Chelsea's highly rated Israeli striker Ben Sahar.

A report earlier this month suggested that the 19-year-old was on the verge of joining Barcelona outfit Espanyol for an estimated fee of €1 million, however, the Belgian newspaper claims that Anderlecht are keen to hijack Espanyol's Sahar deal.

The young forward joined Chelsea at the age of sixteen, but has failed to break into the first team so far and has been farmed out on loan to clubs such as Portsmouth, Queens Park Rangers and De Graafschap in the past years.

Chelsea have now reportedly made the decision to cash in on the youngster this summer and several teams are eager to add the promising attacker to their squad.

Aside from Anderlecht and Espanyol, clubs such as Vitesse, Borussia Dortmund and Real Murcia are also keeping tabs on Sahar.

I think for around 1 million we might aswell keep him. Although he probably wont get any chances at Chelsea he had a good end to the season in the Dutch league, and to be 19 and have that much experience everywhere else (but Chelsea) means he could still be pretty good in a couple of years, even then he would be only 21. Then again i guess he's not going to want to be loaned out for too much longer, and if we get someone Amazing like Aguero to play with or instead of Drogba then he will definatly never see premiership football at Chelsea and should move on for his own good. Its a difficult choice, We've also got some awesome youth players already, fuck it...Whilst writing this ive decided he can go, just to summerise the above pile of shit text!

Just going off the reports, make a high fee and see if they reach it. I am just not sure what that fee would be but more than the 1M mark given.

The kid is only 19 and I am interested to see how he would do with the new coach coming in.

Coaches can in fact make the difference for players

I think even if we do sell him off, we should insert a buy-back clause the kind madrid are so famous for.. they hijack youth from latin america and other youth set ups in spain at about 15-17.. they don't really use many and so sell them off at 19-21 and if they shine, buy them back for throw away prices..

latest example.. negredo, bought back today for 5 million.. If anyone follows la liga would know the kid has been excellent...

• 2 weeks later...
Chelsea reserve Ben Sahar is on the brink of signing a four-year deal with Espanyol according to Spanish sources.

The Blues and the Pericos have reached an agreement on Wednesday regarding the transfer of Israel international Sahar, who failed to establish himself in The Premier League.

Sahar, who left Hapoel Tel Aviv for Chelsea in 2006, is due to undergo a medical in Barcelona on Friday and an official announcement is expected to be made before the weekend.

The Israeli, who holds a Polish passport, has reportedly agreed on the terms of an £800,000 transfer to Espanyol, who will play in a brand new stadium next season.

Meanwhile, Celtic star Shunsuke Nakamura could commit his future to the Spanish club on Monday.

setanta.com

Hmm, shame if true. Would have thought he would have been given a chance to show himself pre season and at least another season on loan.....

I have said it before and i will say it again that the club dealt with Sahar very badly which ruined his development.

Espanyol have clinched a deal for Chelsea striker Ben Sahar.

Sport says Espanyol agreed terms for the Israel international yesterday, with £750,000 going to Chelsea.

Sahar's representatives settled personal terms over a four-year contract with Espanyol.

The Spanish Liga club are expected to announce the signing of Sahar today.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You