Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Wasn't there a news earlier on Sky earlier stating that the club refuse to comment on this situation? If there is nothing new on this contract situation, then why didn't the club just state the truth?!

They should, or if Frank knows the club won't offer him a new deal he should come out and say he will be leaving. Would put the whole situation to bed.

Gonna offer him a new contract?!

Make it happen, Roman!!

Errr, weren't you like against the idea of keeping Lampard at the club previously??

I think he has a place in the squad but not in the first team week-in and week-out. Josh simply doesn't look ready to come in next season and Frank still offers a lot coming off the bench when we're chasing games. I still have a couple of reservations on how he'd work with a new coach but if that is someone like Mourinho then there shouldn't be any problems.

With regards the actual story, the fact that it's Neil Ashton saying it does mean something.

In the past few years Drogba was always hailed as the ultimate big-match player that he undoubtedly was, but it has somewhat slipped under the radar how often Frank scores in some huge matches. Last night's goal got me thinking about how many times Frank has scored the winner in important matches for us..

On his contract renewal, sentimentally I want him to stay, but logically, I am honestly okay with him either leaving or staying. I can see the reason behind both, tbh.

In the past few years Drogba was always hailed as the ultimate big-match player that he undoubtedly was, but it has somewhat slipped under the radar how often Frank scores in some huge matches. Last night's goal got me thinking about how many times Frank has scored the winner in important matches for us..

On his contract renewal, sentimentally I want him to stay, but logically, I am honestly okay with him either leaving or staying. I can see the reason behind both, tbh.

Spot on.

But I'd like to see a player of legendary status retire with us. This policy of dumping experienced players for new ones with the aim of instant success is not perfect.

Especially when our legendary players move on and other clubs benefit from them, and we're out of the Champions League, for example.

I hope Roman dumps his stupid advisers asap.

Spot on.

But I'd like to see a player of legendary status retire with us. This policy of dumping experienced players for new ones with the aim of instant success is not perfect.

Especially when our legendary players move on and other clubs benefit from them, and we're out of the Champions League, for example.

I hope Roman dumps his stupid advisers asap.

I tend to agree, we are sorely missing experience at times, but I really doubt Frank will have a MAJOR role next season if he stays.

I tend to agree, we are sorely missing experience at times, but I really doubt Frank will have a MAJOR role next season if he stays.

It's fair to say his role this season is hardly "major".... But players of his calibre make the difference when really needed and least expected.

Drogba last season had a minor role compared to his usual seasons, but his performances had a major impact in qualifying for the knock-outs of the CL and eventually winning it.

Expect Lamps' performances this season (no matter how minor his role is) to make sure we finish top 3. England yesterday was just an example, and as Rooney admitted he's been doing this throughout his career.

You're right, we might not sacrifice too much if he leaves, but can you tell me we can't do with Drogba this season, for example? His experience will always be useful in one way or another.

:lol: Ian McGarry is probably one of the last, if not THE LAST, person that should be trusted from the media.

Wasn't there a news earlier on Sky earlier stating that the club refuse to comment on this situation? If there is nothing new on this contract situation, then why didn't the club just state the truth?!

He and Lampard are actually good mates. He helped write his biography so he may have good connections on the contract situation.

Is this club bowing to fan pressure? I highly doubt it. Are they saving face in the media? Don't think so.

So what's the reasoning? I honestly haven't an idea. I see the rationale behind it, his goal scoring form has been very impressive this season, but has that been the sole reason for this? There's a lot of questions to this apparent "u-turn", but I'll wait to see confirmation before I begin to understand that. So far it seems just hearsay.

Completely agree on it .. like some said "Spot On" ...

At 34 he is still a handy player if used well and his experience is vast but i believe there is more emotional values linked with his extension than anything else.

My only worry or concern if Lampard doesnt get an extension is that he could very well end up at United which would be the biggest slap on our faces.

just another episode in the Soap Opera that Chelsea F C are becoming ...A drama acted out 3 days a week . The lack of genuine information given out by our board merely fuels speculation in the media rather

than dampening it . OUR PR Department is a complete joke........

just another episode in the Soap Opera that Chelsea F C are becoming ...A drama acted out 3 days a week . The lack of genuine information given out by our board merely fuels speculation in the media rather

than dampening it . OUR PR Department is a complete joke........

PR?

FRANK LAMPARD has not been approached by Chelsea about a new deal.

Lampard’s representative denied fresh talks have been held — or that new negotiations have been scheduled.

Blues have given them no signal that their stance about him leaving this summer has changed. Lamps’ agent Steve Kutner said: “Nothing has changed regarding Frank’s situation at Chelsea.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4784670/Frank-Lampard-will-not-be-offered-a-new-Chelsea-contract.html#ixzz2KJ5H0qDR

I think he has a place in the squad but not in the first team week-in and week-out. Josh simply doesn't look ready to come in next season and Frank still offers a lot coming off the bench when we're chasing games. I still have a couple of reservations on how he'd work with a new coach but if that is someone like Mourinho then there shouldn't be any problems.

You have completely changed your tact! Previously you were constantly banging on how he often goes missing in games and he doesn't lead the team when he plays as well as financially, it doesn't complement what the club is trying to achieve. And now, you seem fine with him staying!

Have I missed something big recently?!