Manchester United

Nachtblut

I believe you underestimate the brand. Of course, if it was Liverpool of last season where it had been that long without challenging then I'd agree wholeheartedly. But it's one season out. United have money too, there's no doubt about this, they make enough revenue to ignore their debt. They're giving Rooney £300,000/week, they definitely have money.

I do not underestimate anything. Let´s try again. Brand is not enough to sign players. Offer the top players a chance to compete for the glory & that is the CL & the PL.

As for their revenue, yes, they pull in plenty of money. However, paying the Shrek 300 thou a week will create animosity only. Soon, Van is coming & any new player, let´s say Cavani, how are they going to pay him? 450 thou a week?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prior to mourinho coming in this season..

Also, United will get someone. A big name manager, not a flop like Moyes. Now that they understand the colossal failure of appointing a manager that needed time, they will go for someone big....

Nike is a big name and so is Tiger Woods ,, Let's wait and see WHO they do get before annointing them champions again

Yeah of course, it's been an awful season.

But unlike us, they'll probably actually wait to sign a manager before signing off on a transfer spree. So from a player point of view the club's already got the ambition to get back in their position of dominance & they'll have the manager. And of course a player can also dictate contract terms such as a "no champions league" clause for the following season (as rumoured Suarez holds.)

Oh yes the player can dictate the contract and also salary lets not forget, the club that tied down the most overrated player in world football to 300k a week in Wayne Rooney, that one? United have set their foundation now with that salary, let us not forget that, this bloke has hung them by the balls. Every top class talent negotiating with that club will want what Rooney is on, won't they?

I do not underestimate anything. Let´s try again. Brand is not enough to sign players. Offer the top players a chance to compete for the glory & that is the CL & the PL.

As for their revenue, yes, they pull in plenty of money. However, paying the Shrek 300 thou a week will create animosity only. Soon, Van is coming & any new player, let´s say Cavani, how are they going to pay him? 450 thou a week?

Yeah, but they will be challenging for everything else next season for sure. And an average footballer is stupid. Even if United might not be able to mount a series title challenge next season, they'll certainly be able to sell it. Then they can easily sell Champions League will happen, because of said title challenge. They'll have no issues paying new players, Shrek getting £300,000 won't matter in the short term of signing players - though granted it could be a longer term problem.

Oh yes the player can dictate the contract and also salary lets not forget, the club that tied down the most overrated player in world football to 300k a week in Wayne Rooney, that one? United have set their foundation now with that salary, let us not forget that, this bloke has hung them by the balls. Every top class talent negotiating with that club will want what Rooney is on, won't they?

Well we can't really talk about overpaying on wages exactly, so I don't really see why the Rooney thing will be relevant. They could use Rooney's salary as a benchmark to their demands but then they'll realise not even PSG will pay them that so it's a pretty useless argument.

Prior to mourinho coming in this season..

Also, United will get someone. A big name manager, not a flop like Moyes. Now that they understand the colossal failure of appointing a manager that needed time, they will go for someone big....

We didn't have a system under RDM. Rafa had a somewhat working system both on defense and offense, but it was only a quick-fix and it relied too much on individual brilliance in attack. That is why Jose said from the start that we would not be challenging for the title this season and that the target is next season. But what we did have before this season that united currently don't, is a core of players who have played together for an entire season and developed some chemistry between them and the fact that all our players more or less fit the same style of football.

Whoever takes the job at united next season will have a much much tougher job than Jose has had at the start of the season. I think it will be Van Gal who is an excellent manager, but he's no miracle worker. So like I said, I see them challenging for top 4 next season, and even that would be a very tough job for them to achieve with all 7 teams wanting to finish there.

Just one little thing here.

How are manures going to compete for top players if Chelsea, Liverpool, Citeh, Arsenal, Monaco, PSG, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus, Barca, Atletico are all waiting to sign new top players & offer the CL competition, but Manures are offering fuck all.

I hope I'm wrong, (sort of, because a part of me relishes competition with United as a top club) but I think they can get back up challenging as soon as next season.

Do better than all of City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal? I think that would take a huge mess up from all those teams who are all currently miles ahead.

Yeah, but they will be challenging for everything else next season for sure. And an average footballer is stupid. Even if United might not be able to mount a series title challenge next season, they'll certainly be able to sell it. Then they can easily sell Champions League will happen, because of said title challenge. They'll have no issues paying new players, Shrek getting £300,000 won't matter in the short term of signing players - though granted it could be a longer term problem.

Well we can't really talk about overpaying on wages exactly, so I don't really see why the Rooney thing will be relevant. They could use Rooney's salary as a benchmark to their demands but then they'll realise not even PSG will pay them that so it's a pretty useless argument.

Manures will be challenging for fuck all. They will be lucky to make top 4 to 6th place.

Just one little thing here.

How are manures going to compete for top players if Chelsea, Liverpool, Citeh, Arsenal, Monaco, PSG, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus, Barca, Atletico are all waiting to sign new top players & offer the CL competition, but Manures are offering fuck all.

The same way Monaco were able to when they didn't have CL football. By selling them a dreaming and keeping their pockets fat :lol:

Our supposed highest earner is 170k a week, Rooney is 300k, if you don't think that's a benchmark then I am done.

Already being discussed is a certain Luke Shaw at 18 for 30M and 100k a week, and that is without your Marco Reus's, Cavani's and Gundogan's of the world.

Do better than all of City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal? I think that would take a huge mess up from all those teams who are all currently miles ahead.

Nah, like I said I don't think they'll have enough to actually win the title.. But I think for United hierarchy that's not a priority. Rebuilding while in CL place is probably what they wanted from Moyes so I don't think that's going to change.

Even if you speak to their fans, (the rare level-headed ones) they'll admit that they don't really mind not getting the PL back for a few seasons while they rebuild as long as they're among the top 4.

Our supposed highest earner is 170k a week, Rooney is 300k, if you don't think that's a benchmark then I am done.

Already being discussed is a certain Luke Shaw at 18 for 30M and 100k a week, and that is without your Marco Reus's, Cavani's and Gundogan's of the world.

Yea, but there was a time we were signing top players but they didn't make what Terry & Lampard did because those guys were the top dogs at the club. Eventually as renewals came, that's when we had the likes of Drogba in the top wage bracket. It's a benchmark for a demand, but they won't get it from anywhere.. So they'll settle for whoever offers the most anyway which they can still do.

Yes those numbers for Shaw are ridiculous. But if my memory serves correctly, we were giving Sturridge £60,000/week when he signed unproven from City and spent 2-3 seasons with the reserves/u21

Yea, but there was a time we were signing top players but they didn't make what Terry & Lampard did because those guys were the top dogs at the club. Eventually as renewals came, that's when we had the likes of Drogba in the top wage bracket. It's a benchmark for a demand, but they won't get it from anywhere.. So they'll settle for whoever offers the most anyway which they can still do.

Yes those numbers for Shaw are ridiculous. But if my memory serves correctly, we were giving Sturridge £60,000/week when he signed unproven from City and spent 2-3 seasons with the reserves/u21

Right I will stop you there, you say this….So they'll settle for whoever offers the most anyway which they can still do.

Now with that the most important thing is the CL, United have not got that, they haven't got a manager and they haven't really got a direction.

For the first time in many years Manchester United haven't got a manager, direction or structure. They are in the manager pit, like we have been, no Fergie gate but basically with a 300k wage height.