Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Just like many other threads, opinions get digested & then spat out & eaten again.

Anyway, I have never bought into this notion that Courtois is year(s) away from replacing Cech, imho he is ready now but it is a very difficult situation as big Pete ain't ready to give up that No 1 jersey just yet, full credit to him for keeping his form.

As I've said before, the best case scenario would be for us to tie Courtois down to another lengthy contract thus this ensures we keep his services for the long haul, he then gets useful experience in the CL & then WC - he would be eternally grateful to the club for that. We then bring him back in a year. However this can only happen if we acquire a quality back up for Cech, we need to sustain a title challenge next season & that won't happen if big Pete gets injured for periods & we don't have the quality to replace those sabbaticals, we, though do have that option if the club decide to bring back Courtois.

As another member stated about Franks new deal - 'I will trust Jose's judgement' & leave it there.

Going to be an interesting summer that's for sure!

Our backup keeper next season I think is Jamal. Jamal Blackman.

Our backup keeper next season I think is Jamal. Jamal Blackman.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Do you or anybody else know if he is 'ready' to be Cech's understudy? I've not seen enough of the lad to form an opinion unfortunately.

Do you or anybody else know if he is 'ready' to be Cech's understudy? I've not seen enough of the lad to form an opinion unfortunately.

If you're on Thibaut, he's almost ready in my POV. And on Jamal, I'm not really sure, but hope he is. Who else would it be? I don't think we will sign another back up keeper tho.

Cech is still miles better than Courtois.

Courtois isn't as good with his feet, shocking at saving long shots and is blessed with a superior defense.

I know people love to circle jerk over the 'yoof' but there's a reason Cech is the greatest goalkeeper this club has ever seen. Courtois is admittedly a terrific prospect though.

Thats like asking a guy who just finished Zelda competely at his age if he can beat the boss in level 4.

The guy would - very normal - feel misunderstood :)

Comon Guys. Think.

Thats like asking a guy who just finished Zelda competely at his age if he can beat the boss in level 4.The guy would - very normal - feel misunderstood :)Comon Guys. Think.

Before I comment on your post, please explain what you are trying to say?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-thibaut-courtois-worried-1909022

Thibaut Courtois is worried returning to Chelsea could cost him his World Cup place.

The Blues' incoming boss Jose Mourinho wants Belgian keeper Courtois, 21, to be part of his first team squad next season after he spent the last two years on loan at Atletico Madrid.

But Courtois fears being back-up to Petr Cech and not playing enough games could mean he does not start for Belgium in next year's World Cup final.

Courtois is prepared to adapt to the English game - but says the Champions League and strong competition at Atletico could be better for his long term prospects.

He said: "We have not made a decision on my future. We will wait until the end of the season. But I have spoken to Chelsea and they have allowed me to make a decision.

"But now I'm focused on Atletico and Belgium. My dream is to increase my level and play in the World Cup in 2014.

"The Premier League is different to Spain. I think Chelsea want me to adapt with a loan deal but I would prefer to play for Atletico in the Champions League rather than a team which fights for eighth place in the Premier League.

"I know Chelsea don't want to loan me to another big English team and I understand that but it is a difficult situation."

Thibaut Courtois is worried returning to Chelsea could cost him his World Cup place.

The Blues' incoming boss Jose Mourinho wants Belgian keeper Courtois, 21, to be part of his first team squad next season after he spent the last two years on loan at Atletico Madrid.

But Courtois fears being back-up to Petr Cech and not playing enough games could mean he does not start for Belgium in next year's World Cup final.

Courtois is prepared to adapt to the English game - but says the Champions League and strong competition at Atletico could be better for his long term prospects.

He said: "We have not made a decision on my future. We will wait until the end of the season. But I have spoken to Chelsea and they have allowed me to make a decision.

"But now I'm focused on Atletico and Belgium. My dream is to increase my level and play in the World Cup in 2014.

"The Premier League is different to Spain. I think Chelsea want me to adapt with a loan deal but I would prefer to play for Atletico in the Champions League rather than a team which fights for eighth place in the Premier League.

"I know Chelsea don't want to loan me to another big English team and I understand that but it is a difficult situation."

I'm glad, from the way he talked, it seems he will stick with us in the future. I have a bad feeling all this time, he somehow don't want to play for us at some point, because his long-season loans.