Chelsea V West Ham - player ratings

Tomo

Petr Cech 8 - Did superbly well to hold on to balls and make no mistakes despite the horrific conditions.

Branislav Ivanovic 6 - Couple of dodgy moments where players got passed him a bit to easy but otherwise solid.

David Luiz 7 - Responded well to a below par game on Wednesday and was fantastic despite it raining and him being brazillian, welcome to England son emo5.gif

John Terry 7 - Led from the back.

Ashley Cole 6 - Solid but unspectacular.

John Obi Mikel 6 - some good passes but caught out of position 2 or 3 times.

Micheal Essien 6 - read Cole.

Frank Lampard 8 - signs of the Lamps of old today, great performance followed up by a great goal.

Soloman Kalou 5 - Very sloppy today for me and not suprised when he went off.

Didier Drogba 8 - Fantastic display again and proving his doubters who thought he was finished well and truly wrong.

Florent Malouda 7 - It frustrates me thinking how poor he was between November and March knowing what he is capable off, well took goal.

SUBS

Fernando Torres 8 - 15 minutes, 1 goal 1 (should have been2) assists, say no more.

Nicolas Anelka 6

Yossi Benayoun 7

What are your ratings?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Petr Cech 8

Branislav Ivanovic 5.5

David Luiz 7

John Terry 7

Ashley Cole 7

John Obi Mikel 7

Micheal Essien 6

Frank Lampard 7

Salomon Kalou 4

Didier Drogba 7

Florent Malouda 6.5

SUBS

Fernando Torres 7

Nicolas Anelka 6 (only because of the beast assist for Torres' goal)

Yossi Benayoun 6

Petr Cech 7.5

Branislav Ivanovic 6

David Luiz 6

John Terry 6

Ashley Cole 7.5

John Obi Mikel 7.5

Micheal Essien 6.5

Frank Lampard 7

Salomon Kalou 5.5

Didier Drogba 7

Florent Malouda 6.5

SUBS

Fernando Torres 8

Nicolas Anelka 6

Yossi Benayoun 6.5

Petr Cech 8 - Made some important saves that could have been a disaster had they gone in. Player of the Season

Branislav Ivanovic 6 - Not the good solid Ivan I'm use to, didn't offer enough in defence or attack for me.

David Luiz 7.5 - Got through a test today, could have struggled in the rain. But made some interceptions and read the game well.

John Terry 7 - Nice and solid.

Ashley Cole 7 - Good at the start, but faded unfortunately, good cross for the opener.

John Obi Mikel 8 - Great as always, the new Mr. Reliable.

Micheal Essien 6 - Same as Ivan

Frank Lampard 7 - Got the goal, but was a bit quiet for me. Better than a lot of his recent performances.

Soloman Kalou 5 - Bad, offered nothing in attack and was shaky in the little defending he did.

Didier Drogba 7 - Played worse than expected, but still good and had his moments.

Florent Malouda 8 - One of my favorite players, good finish and good to see him returning to Malouda of old.

SUBS

Fernando Torres 9 - Man of the Match in 15 minutes, made a massive impact and settled the game down when we looked nervy.

Nicolas Anelka 6 - Should have had a goal, but he helped Torres break his duck so +1.

Yossi Benayoun 6 - Not much impact, I'm sure he'll be better when he's had a few starts.

Petr Cech 8- Did very well considering the horrible conditions

Branislav Ivanovic 6- A quiet game really but did well in defence

David Luiz 8- Another solid performance. Very unlucky when he hit the bar.

John Terry 8- Solid as usual

Ashley Cole 7 - Provided a great cross for the first goal. Had a fairly quiet game though.

John Obi Mikel 7- Did well at times. Passing and tackling was below his usual standard.

Micheal Essien 6 -Solid. Not much else to add.

Frank Lampard 8 - Well taken goal. Had a good chance in the 2nd half to get another. Some nice passes.

Soloman Kalou 6- Nothing special really. One of his off days compared to Wednesday.

Didier Drogba 8 - Another brilliant performance from a brilliant player

Florent Malouda 6.5 - Has improved in recent weeks but is not quite the same player as last season. Some terrible passing in the first half and selfish as well at times. Lucky to get the ball for the third goal but very well taken.

SUBS

Fernando Torres 8 - Starting to show why we paid £50m for him. His goal brought the loudest cheer from the crowd for a very long time.

Nicolas Anelka 7- Quiet in the short time that he played. Unlucky to see his shot cleared away when it was squared to him by Torres.

Yossi Benayoun 7- Thank God we have this lad! I was critical when we bought him but the lad has amazing vision and always gives 100%.

Petr Cech 8

Branislav Ivanovic 6

David Luiz 7

John Terry 7

Ashley Cole 7.5

John Obi Mikel 7

Micheal Essien 6

Frank Lampard 8

Salomon Kalou 6

Didier Drogba 8

Florent Malouda 7

SUBS

Fernando Torres 8

Nicolas Anelka 5.5

Yossi Benayoun 6

Cech - 8 - without him we wouldn't have win.

Ivanovic - 6 - he had nothing to do.

David Luiz - 6,5

Terry - 6,5

Ashley Cole - 7

Essien - 6 - I hope his injury isn't too serious.

Mikel - 8 - My man of the match.

Lampard - 7

Kalou - 5

Malouda - 7

Drogba - 7

Torres - 6

Anelka - 5 - just because he made an assist.

Benayoun - 6

Guest Homer2Chelsea

Cech - 8

Ivanovic - 6.5

Luiz- 7

Terry- 7

Cole - 8

Essien - 6.5

Mikel - 8.5

Lampard - 7

Kalou - 5.5

Drogba - 7

Malouda - 7.5

SUBS:

Benayoun - 7

Anelka - 7

Torres - 8.5

Petr Cech 8

Branislav Ivanovic 6

David Luiz 7

John Terry 7

Ashley Cole 8

John Obi Mikel 8

Michael Essien 7

Frank Lampard 8

Salomon Kalou 5

Didier Drogba 7

Florent Malouda 8

SUBS

Yossi Benayoun 6

Nicolas Anelka 6

Fernando Torres 8

Cech - 7

Ivanovich - 6

Luiz - 7

JT - 7

Cole - 7

Essien - 6

Lampard - 6

Mikel - 6

Kalou - 3

Maloulda - 5

Drogba - 8

Benayoun - 5

Anelka - 5

Torres - 9

Thought our midfield were poor yesterday, too many estranged passes & Mikel was the worst culprit, twice he gave the ball away were West ham nearly scored from the second of which was when Keane missed that sitter! How did Kalou get to stay on for so long? Maloulda did fuckall for most of it apart from a miss from a simple chance & then gets away with some flack because he lashes one in at the end - granted a great finish but what did he actually do before that?

Torres totally changed the game when he came on, scored 1, should of had 2 assists instead of the 1. That cameo will do wonders for his confidence & that can only be to our benefit. Torres came on at the right time because on another day we could of dropped points as West Ham missed several decent chances.