Chelsea badge

Dec

With our ever changing badge colour scheme on the away/third kits it got me thinking about our normal badge and how many colours it contains - several tones of blue, gold, red and white. Now I am not proclaiming this to be perfect and I understand the inspiration for our current badge but I feel this could use our colours a lot better (let's be honest the red is a one off thing and may not be used for several seasons apart from on the badge).

5luypc.jpg

What are your thoughts on my mock up or the badge in general? Do you want us to use the two stars ago a la 1980s?

Edit: I know the blue isn't the right shade.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current badge is perfect.

Just because in the past the badge has changed a few times doesn't mean it will ever change again. The yellow doesn't look right btw, it's not bold enough. The only reason it was ever used was because of the centenary in 2005.

LDNBlue - I am the opposite, I think that badge looks tacky though I like the tri colour scheme.

Dave - Was tempted to mock one of them up, may do it later. What do you think about my badge?

Terminator X - I would imagine as styles change the badge will too, not yet though but the current one for me is too colourful as I prefer badges that match kits. I know it was a quick attempt to mock it up and it does the job :). I like the yellow, it is our "golden" era (excuse the pun) apart from present day with the 1970 FA Cup.

i like it in a way mate its simple and the gold/ yellow looks goood but i think the colours represent tradition and our history so i think it would be to tough to just get rid of them completely you should u should have a go at mocking one up mate im sure it would look very good :)

Terminator X - I would imagine as styles change the badge will too, not yet though but the current one for me is too colourful as I prefer badges that match kits. I know it was a quick attempt to mock it up and it does the job :). I like the yellow, it is our "golden" era (excuse the pun) apart from present day with the 1970 FA Cup.

The current badge was created during Peter Kenyon’s reign so expect it to remain forever. It was designed to be future proof, United have a strong identifiable brand (Peter Kenyon/Ron Gourlay know this all too well), same for Barca & Real Madrid.

Just for you Dave, mocked it onto the new home kit too ;):

jqtjz6.jpg

TX: Man U's went through a lot of tweeking and I would imagine ours will go down the same road, don't get me wrong I do like the badge now just I would rather something less overloaded with gold/red.

TX: Man U's went through a lot of tweeking and I would imagine ours will go down the same road, don't get me wrong I do like the badge now just I would rather something less overloaded with gold/red.

Not to the extremes of some of the past Chelsea badges. The changes from our 1986-05 badge and the current one is drastic. United's has been the same since the 60's, & Real Madrid's has been the same since the 1930's, and both have only had minor changes.

You are underestimating the amount of thought that went into the current badge. At the time Peter Kenyon was changing this club into a brand, and the same business practises will remain as long as we're competitive and selling shirts in god knows where. Nike & Adidas don't drastically change their logo every 10 year or so, and neither do top clubs who know the importance of brand identity.

Dave - Cheers mate, I like it a lot.

TX: True we are establishing a brand but over time, I don't think my idea will ever be implemented but I think it looks better. Just wanted opinions from everyone else and obviously a lot of thought went into the current logo but I honestly don't like how it looks on kits as I prefer a much more simpler style matching the colours on the kit and possibly one to complement in however the gold border for me overdoes it. Thanks for the feedback by the way :).

literally mate ive got no plans going to buy that shirt but the difference that badge makes changes it completely in my eyes id snap it up with your crest on it : )

Yeah I agree with you, for some reason it makes the shirt look much better.