Reasons to be positive.

Shane

After a discussion with a friend today, I just realised, Even though this season is practically over, The future is very very bright for Chelsea.

• David Luiz and Ramires - With the progression that they have made in such a short period of time, They look like they can be world class players for us next season. David Luiz in my opinion is the best signing we have made since Lampard. Yes, he maybe abit cagey at the back at times, But the beauty of it is that he has so much time to fix that. I have NEVER seen a centre back with a pair of feet like Luiz has, he is reinventing the 'lybria' role, and he will benefit our team next season for a reason I will state further down. Ramires has bundles and bundles of energy. We all that he wasn't great going forward, I was looking for reasons that I could see he was Brazillian, But then, after running his heart out all game, He danced around the Man City defence and produced a finish that the great Peter Osgood would have been proud of. The two playing together also lowers the chance that they will get homesick. The two were at Benefica together, and both have shown unbelievable passion for the game since coming, Luiz celebrated his goal against United more than anyone standing in the Shed End would. A goal scoring centre half, Always a plus.
  • Fernando Torres - We all know he's misfiring, We all know he hasn't scored yet, But he will. Fernando Torres is a proven goalscorer in big games, and a proven goalscorer in the Premiership. Creativity hasn't been coming from our midfield, and thats the problem. Granted, he should have taken some of the chances that have fallen to him, But you have to feel for him. He was overused at Liverpool, and then had a poor World Cup by his standards. Thats very hard to come back from right away, and even Strikers like Rooney and Drogba are finding there best forum now, Where as Berbatov who wasn't at the World Cup is the League's top scorer. I feel that the World Cup has alot to do with that. No World Cup this summer, Fernando has 3 months to adjust to life in London, and to adjust to Chelsea. He WILL start scoring.

• New Wingers - You know its a must when there is no longer an argument on TalkChelsea about it, We need new wingers. We have been linked with Alexis Sanchez, and I hope we all pray this comes through. He has Pace, Strength, can finish, can track back, and can cross, He is the whole package. We might have put in a bid in Janurary, We might not have, But we are definatly interested, along with Man United. United already have Nani, Valencia, Park and Old man Giggs, While Chelsea have Malouda (Who has averaged a match rating of about 3 this season), Kalou (Say no more, I have defended him but comparing Kalou to Sanchez as wingers is like comparing Susan Boyle to Cheryl Cole in terms of who you'd rather bring home from the club, BlueLion if your reading, Yes, you were the only one to pick Susan Boyle). Another winger will likely come in aswell, I'm not going to name names about who it might be, But this is what I was talking about with Luiz earlier. If we have Luiz, with his passing abillity, His creativity from the back, along with a Creative midfielder, that will give Sanchez and another oceans of room, and it will give Torres chance after chance. Drogba won't mind either I doubt, If he stays.
  • A Creative Midfielder - I think its a must in the summer, I think Carlo Ancelloti feels the same. I would love for it to be Hamsik or Pastore, and I think it will be one of the two, and It will really get our midfield going if we do. Ramires, Pastore or Hamsik, Essien or Lampard, with Sanchez, Luiz, Torres, Its a dream team really.

• Look at what we already have - Not forgetting, Petr Cech is as good as he was before the head injury this season, Ashely Cole is still the best left back in the world, Lampard is Lampard, John Terry is still an awesome defender and could be for years to come, Didier Drogba is playing with real passion and desire. Michael Essien is slowly but surely finding his feet again. John Obi Mikel is doing well, and Daniel Sturridge is to come back. Its not all doom and gloom.

5 simple points to be optimistic for next season lads.

KTBFFH. Carefree. blue%20scalf.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Luiz, I think you meant 'libero' mate :lol:

Add one more reason : Kakuta and Josh. And I hope we keep Corky.

We use Lybro in Vollyball here, its the same thing :lol:

Josh just needs more sub apperances next season, Don't think he's ready yet. Kakuta the same, or maybe another loan, But this time with game time. It would be nice to hold on to Cork but I doubt we will.

Well said clap.gif

Tried to give you a rep but it claims ive used my quota for the day unsure.gif

We have a very good future IMO and watching the youth cup team this season i genuianly believe that in a few years time we could have Chalaboah, B.Clifford, Josh and Deen-Conteh running our team dont know if im alone here but there all quality and i will be gutted if they dont get atleast a chance, not even mentioning Conor aswell.

But your right can't wait for next season now and hopefully we can shut every-one up.

KTBFFHblue%20scalf.gif

Well said clap.gif

Tried to give you a rep but it claims ive used my quota for the day unsure.gif

We have a very good future IMO and watching the youth cup team this season i genuianly believe that in a few years time we could have Chalaboah, B.Clifford, Josh and Deen-Conteh running our team dont know if im alone here but there all quality and i will be gutted if they dont get atleast a chance, not even mentioning Conor aswell.

But your right can't wait for next season now and hopefully we can shut every-one up.

KTBFFHblue%20scalf.gif

Exact same mate, Torres, Luiz and Ramires settled, along with new signings will make the heartbreak of this season go away.

A really good post mate. However we have to look at the season with an even perspective - we can't say this season has been anything other than a disaster. I'd be less concerned if we'd have tripled the amount of playing time the youth players have had, but unfortunately that isn't the case. That being said, things can only get better - it isn't a certainty that they will. Nevertheless, the future does look bright when you consider that over the next two-three seasons we're bound to replace half of the current starting eleven.

Well, point 2, 3 and 4 aint happened yet so we'll see. I'm positive because i know i support a brilliant team but a new playmaker, Torres finding his form and 2 new wingers still are being waited on. We currently have a few players that really should go now and the talent has to come through.

When we get rid of these players and i see some signings and our youth given a chance, i'll be even more positive for sure. I'm already looking forward to pre season lol.

i think we should start Josh , bring back Borini and sturridge and really give them a chance alongside Torres .I agree about the wingers i think its time for Kalou to go , i would let didier leave on a high and i would leave the defense as is without any new signings. I think we only need to make 1-3 new signings tops , i really think we would have a chance of getting kaka and i think he is exactly what we need

This looks good on paper. However we know in theory we're forgetting one important factor, the board.

The board we have under Roman, is by far, the most illogical, unintelligent load of suits we've ever had. Countless numbers of decisions have led to us the fans questioning what this club is really trying to achieve. From the sacking of world class managers, to the termination of key players' contracts to the sacking of assistant managers half way through the season. This season it's been highlighted ever more so.

They are genuinely, to blame for this season's failures. I really hope they've learnt their lesson, if not, we'll see players sold who should be kept (I'm really thinking Mikel right now), sacking of managers & illogical signings (Kaka to think of one).

This looks good on paper. However we know in theory we're forgetting one important factor, the board.

The board we have under Roman, is by far, the most illogical, unintelligent load of suits we've ever had. Countless numbers of decisions have led to us the fans questioning what this club is really trying to achieve. From the sacking of world class managers, to the termination of key players' contracts to the sacking of assistant managers half way through the season. This season it's been highlighted ever more so.

They are genuinely, to blame for this season's failures. I really hope they've learnt their lesson, if not, we'll see players sold who should be kept (I'm really thinking Mikel right now), sacking of managers & illogical signings (Kaka to think of one).

and to think we called Kenyon a prat ,,,compared to present board he was a genius ,,,at least he never interfered in football matters

and to think we called Kenyon a prat ,,,compared to present board he was a genius ,,,at least he never interfered in football matters

Indeed. Was made a scapegoat for the whole Kakuta fiasco. Shame it took us another prat to realise he wasn't the bad at all.

Agreed LDN but the manager has to make a stand and take back ownership of his role. Mourinho now has more power than any manager at Real Madrid has for decades because he simply won't stand for any interference. Ancelotti was used to the board meddling in Milan so i think this debacle will continue under his management much to our detriment.

Also a good point made by zolayes about Kenyon, it was much to our advantage back in those days when Jose would give him a list of transfer targets during the last few months of a seasons end for him to go out in the close season to ensure we got some of those acquisitions, we didn't stand still then, constantly improving a very talented squad even though we won the title..........thats what makes teams successful and one point i would throw at the hierachy if i was in Carlo's position.