Adam Johnson

Shaffers

I like him. Better than Downing, Walcott and that guy that plays for Tottenham (Lennon?) put together.

I think they are all in competition for the award of the most stupid, brainless and biggest waster footballer... Johnson has a crap stamina, Downing misses 2 opportunities in the play out of 3, Lennon does not know that he has to see around him before kicking the ball vaguely in the penalty box like he uses to do. Only Walcott has excuses, he is a central striker and could be a proper striker rather than the winger Wenger wants him to be; when he scored a lot at the start of last season, he was always receiving the ball after a call through the axis and a run inside.

Should of taken him from Boro. Don't believe he's worth 20 million...

I'd rather take the risk on Steven Fletcher (as Kalou's replacement) or give Wolves around 15 million for Jarvis.

I completely agree with you, but at the difference that I rather see Fletcher as the best replacement out of there for Anelka: same versatility and same vision, Fletcher has the vision of a #10, his controls are phenomenal and he can play on the wings and as a central striker because he is more than clinical in front of the goal.

And I also do agree about Jarvis, he is a fantastic player and one of the reasons why I like to watch this Wolves team playing. He has the footballing brain a little due to the condition of the team he plays for, contrary to Downing who is subject to such a nasty wankfest, Jarvis cannot waste as much opportunities than Downing does simply because he did not have a quarter of what Downing had to negociate the last season(s). And finally when we see more closer, they end the 2011 season with nearly the same stat sheet: 9 assists for Downing, 8 for Jarvis ; 7 goals for Downing, 4 for Jarvis.

And we cannot forget Junior Hoilett of Blackburn, this guy is impressive and I was already impressed last season, by his activity on the wings and some of the great goals he scored last season (I don't know who he scored against last season but one of his goals was a terrific Lampardesque drive from 20 yards after a cut inside). This season he confirms his huge potential, he is incredilbly speedy on short distance (a bit like Agüero or Torres, Lennon...) and has an excellent crossing ability. I did watch Aston Villa-Blackburn, except the logical result (like us and Bolton at the RBK, Blackburn is crashed by Villa for years :lol:) his assist for Pedersen is a pure beauty. He has a real crossing technique, he is elegand and pacy with the ball and can shoot from distance.

And a very important point, whereas Johnson or Downing must bed with Capello to be in every squad and can keep touching themselves on the pitch and be sure they will be called ; Hoilett is Canado-Jamaican and has not really many opportunities to shine except than in Club.

Fame made some average players such as Downing, Johnson, Kalou, Carroll etc... some even worse players because their behaviour became even less professional and giving themselves even less motivation to really improve their play

My opinion is that this Championship abounds of great talents and good mentalities, some under-rated players who wants and deserve just some real interest from the bigger clubs... Holden, Jarvis, Doyle, Roger Johnson, Steven Fletcher, Martin Olsson, Scott Dann, Fabian Delph... But the task (that I don't consider hard) is to find them and try to sign them rather than some overrated wankers who are just made up by medias after a "well regarded" couple of games

Edited by SeB

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoilett is an interesting winger... but the thing is - can he excel on bigger stages? Aganist sides like Man Utd... he tries to do too much sometimes, infact he never really quite troubled Man Utd defense at all.

Hoilett is an interesting winger... but the thing is - can he excel on bigger stages? Aganist sides like Man Utd... he tries to do too much sometimes, infact he never really quite troubled Man Utd defense at all.

^Agree with this. I think with more coaching and experience under his belt, he'll be able to progress..and maybe someday, he'll excel against the big-boys of the Premier league.

Hoilett's only 21 and seems to have the potential to be a very good winger in the future.

Let's see what happens...i've been hearing rumours that Spurs want him in January...If he costs 5 - 10 million, it's worthwhile taking the risk in my opinion...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You