Stoke V Chelsea - player ratings

Tomo

I could'nt watch the match, for any-one who did what were the player ratings?

Title over, just have to focus on tn CL and enjoy the rest of the games, thankfully Spurs are bottling it big time.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech 8- Made some great saves, in particular from a corner in the second half where from a point blank range header he got a minor touch on it to tip it onto the bar.

Bosingwa 4- Im not sure if I want to see him play Chelsea again.

Luiz 5- Probably his worst game in a Chelsea shirt, though he was playing on the hopeless Bosingwa's side of the pitch and has never had to deal with a team like Stoke before.

Terry 5- A rare bad game this season.

Cole 6- Got forward when he could, defensively a bit suspect.

Ramires 7- One of our best players on the day, not sure why he was taken off early, defensively solid, always a threat going forward.

Essien 5- Had his best game of the season against City but never came close to reaching that level today, didn't dominate the game in the way we know he can.

Lampard 5- Didn't have a telling impact, struggled to control the game.

Malouda 4- Not good, not good.

Anelka 4.5- He got the 0.5 because it was a nice assist for Drogba, that aside tghe rest of his play was poor.

Drogba 8- Looking like something close to his best, his physicality paid dividens in a big way, scored a great goal, his link up play was at times sublime, his work ethic unquestionable and unlucky not to have scored 2 in the second half. MOTM

Subs:

Torres 6- Looked lively when he came on, created a couple of opportunities and was fast in everything he did, promising signs.

Kalou 5.5- Couldn't have the same impact playing out wide as he does when he plays through the centre, still played a couple of clever passes in and around the Stoke area.

Ivanovic 6- I was going to give him 5 but decided to give him an extra mark simply because he replaced Bosingwa.

Cech - 8.5 - two-three great saves, surely saved us a point. Would get 9 if he didn't make a mess of some set pieces.

Bowingwa - 4 - typical Bosingwa. I can see he wants to play and perform but it isn't happening. Can't defend, can't cross/dribble past defence. Caught high up field to set up Stoke's goal. Booked

D.Luiz - 5 - Perhaps not the Luiz we're used to see, first goal goes partly on his name, but otherwise solid

Terry - 5 - Nothing special, seemed distracted

A.Cole 7 - Tirelessly ran up and down the left flank, had to make up for Malouda's lack of work-rate

Ramires 7 - Good linkup play with others, seemed to be the link between midfield and strikers and it showed.

Essien 5 - Nothing special either, few bad passes, ball losses. Had ok game

Lampard 6 - Did create some chances, had two great shots parried by Begovic. as the game wore on he turned transparent

Malouda 4 - Absolutely nothing to show for this game. Seemed to take our tempo off, when he passed the ball it was a situation of "you deal with this one"

Drogba 7.5 - Scored our goal with fantastic header. Almost scored with a superb twisted volley that hit the bar. Good ball control but don't understand the last corner kick solution. Disappeared from the game when Torres was introduced.

Anelka 5 - Assisted Drogba. Bit slow at times, nothing special either. Not a good show from the veteran

----------------------

Kalou 5 - The usual supersub didn't turn up, transparent and fell too easily but also created a few chances, neat touch.

Torres 6 - Good pace, good vision. Perhaps too eager to pass, might have had a shot himself at one point.

Ivanovic 6 - Came on late on, lost ball a few times, otherwise solid.

Was at the game, just got back.

Cech - 8 - kept us in the game with some truly superb goalkeeping, but he looked uncomfortable with some deliveries into the box.

Bosingwa - 7 - I thought he played really well, we lost all our attacking impetus (down the right) when you went off.

Terry - 6 - average game, tried to drive the team on but he really hates playing against Jones.

Luiz - 5 - he had an off game, but let's be pragmatic here - he won't have faced that sort of physicality before so this is a good learning curve for him.

Cole - 6 - same as Terry, really, exposed on a couple of occasions.

Ivanovic - 6 - can't really praise or fault him, but definitely the wrong sub to make. Why not bring on Yury for some attacking spark?!

Lampard - 4 - where's Frank gone again?

Essien - 6 - he had a strong game defensively today, but his attacking instincts were lacking somewhat.

Ramires - 7 - another consistent display from Rambo.

Malouda - 4 - he is woefully out of form and fitness right now!

Drogba - 8/4 - the reason why I've given this rating is because in the first half he was magnificent, and utterly atrocious in the second half.

Anelka - 5 - it didn't really happen for Nico today unfortunately.

Torres - 6 - impressed by his movement. The first goal is coming - he is starting to form partnerships all over the pitch now.

Kalou - 3 - shite. No more can or will be said.

I really don't see why Bosingwa is getting such low scores?! He was by some distance the best defender on the pitch for us yesterday. Defensively he did not put a foot wrong and he seemed to be our only real attacking outlet.

Ivanovic - 6 - can't really praise or fault him, but definitely the wrong sub to make. Why not bring on Yury for some attacking spark?!

Well, I can see why Ancelotti has done this substitution. I actually hoped this substitution happens ! Bosingwa was going too much forward, he was caught out of position many times and he let too much space for Stoke players. To be honest, in the second half, I believed we would lose if he had stayed on the pitch. I assume Ancelotti has had the same feeling than me and he subbed him to don't lose.

Yeah you could argue that it's a small-time player move, but a defeat would have been a major blow up for us before a very important game !!

And imo, if there was a wrong substitution made yesterday, it was Kalou for Ramires !! I can understand that Ancelotti wanted to rest him before manure game, but then I would have either brought in Zhirkov for Ramires in order to keep the 4-2-2 shape, or brought in Mikel and play in 4-3-3.

Bosingwa - 7 - I thought he played really well, we lost all our attacking impetus (down the right) when you went off.

It's funny, whenever you think he was good I think he was shit :lol:

cech - 9 - proved why he is the best goalie in the world. he saved us

cole - 6 - he got forward when he could, but nothing too special.

terry - 5 - his lack of speed is showing some but he knows how to make up for it. decent, not terrible but had trouble with kenwyne

luiz - 4 - definitely his worst game with us. got beat far too easily a few times. had one good pass to ivanovic near the end.

boss - 6.5 - thought he was very good going forward, but did get caught out a couple times. i dont why everyone thought he was so bad, i though he was alright

ivanovic - 6 - he came on for defensive stability and to help with aerial balls. kind of seemed like carlo was hoping to get out of there without a loss

malouda - 1 - doesnt deserve to see the field. why is he still playing? he did absolutely nothing. and there were so many times in the second half that there a man behind ashley cole wide open...and thats where he needs to be. they almost scored a few times because of that.

lampard - 4 - bad day for him

essien - 5 - didnt do too much for me. got stuck in on a few tackles

ramires - 8 - i thought he was our best player besides cech. im not sure why he got taken off, maybe for man u on wednesday. as soon as we took him out, we couldnt seem to keep possesion of the ball.

kalou - 4 - he tried to push too far forward so there was no outlet to pass the ball to on the right

anelka - 5 - he is just too lazy for me

Drogba - 7 - it was the tale of two halves. he was outstanding in the first but the second he didnt do much at all

torres - 6 - i thought he looked really lively when he came on. he was full of energy and ran down balls and players to force mistakes. he also did some good stuff with the ball. one thing tho....be a little bit more selfish haha

cech - 9 - proved why he is the best goalie in the world. he saved us

cole - 6 - he got forward when he could, but nothing too special.

terry - 5 - his lack of speed is showing some but he knows how to make up for it. decent, not terrible but had trouble with kenwyne

luiz - 4 - definitely his worst game with us. got beat far too easily a few times. had one good pass to ivanovic near the end.

boss - 6.5 - thought he was very good going forward, but did get caught out a couple times. i dont why everyone thought he was so bad, i though he was alright

ivanovic - 6 - he came on for defensive stability and to help with aerial balls. kind of seemed like carlo was hoping to get out of there without a loss

malouda - 1 - doesnt deserve to see the field. why is he still playing? he did absolutely nothing. and there were so many times in the second half that there a man behind ashley cole wide open...and thats where he needs to be. they almost scored a few times because of that.

lampard - 4 - bad day for him

essien - 5 - didnt do too much for me. got stuck in on a few tackles

ramires - 8 - i thought he was our best player besides cech. im not sure why he got taken off, maybe for man u on wednesday. as soon as we took him out, we couldnt seem to keep possesion of the ball.

kalou - 4 - he tried to push too far forward so there was no outlet to pass the ball to on the right

anelka - 5 - he is just too lazy for me

Drogba - 7 - it was the tale of two halves. he was outstanding in the first but the second he didnt do much at all

torres - 6 - i thought he looked really lively when he came on. he was full of energy and ran down balls and players to force mistakes. he also did some good stuff with the ball. one thing tho....be a little bit more selfish haha

Agreed.