Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

It is in US preseason as well and I am not saying a lot, I just mean often in Jose's short time here.

He came back later because of the Confed Cup and was not fit for 90 mins so he starts on the bench, so what? Pre Season does not matter mate. So please stop posting in each thread about United being Matas last match because it will not be! Drop it!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata has not been "on the bench a lot". Given the crazy amount of football he's played in the last 12-14 months it's understandable that he was given more time off and isn't fully fit atm.

Seriously... need to stop believing what the papers write.

There has been absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Jose does not fancy Juan Mata. He has not said anything to even hint that he feels this way. Ever since he returned, the papers said that Jose doesn't like Mata and everyone just believed it. When he was obviously given more time off due to his participation in the confeds cup, the papers start coming up with more crap, despite the fact that the other players who played in that tournament were given the exact same amount of time off.

Jesus.

I'm not saying that he definitely won't be sold. Just that people need to calm the heck down until there are some actual quotes from Jose or Mata himself.

Edit: Quotes by Mata on the official website: "After having four weeks of holiday for the first time in as long as I can remember, it was very hard to come back from almost nothing to 100 per cent. I think that's why I had some muscle pain during that time."

touché!!!

unlike most of you guys, I have never been impressed by Oscar. He might be a talented lad with lots of potential to develop into one of the best attacking mids in this football game, but he's just simply not the type of player I enjoy watching. My point is - although this team has tons of attacking mids, there is a spot that needs to be filled, and that's the RW. Moses is the only natural player that can play there. And maybe KDB, but he is more of an AMC. That's why I think, and Jose thinks,too (if the rumours are true), that Willian can fill in that spot. You can say what you want about the transfer fee, or his wages, or his hair, but you simply can't say he isn't a top class footballer. I've watched this lad week in, week out since his arrival in Europe (every Shakhtar's game is broadcasted live in Romania because Lucescu is coaching them) and he is a beast. Dribbling, first touch, passing, technique, creativity, pace = Level World Class. He can play as a LW, AMC and RW, too. You can't say he is a LW, or an AMC, just because now he's a RW, in 10 minutes he'll be on the left wing, then in the center and so on. He is a versatile player. Since his arrival in Anzhi, he has player more on the right wing for them, and also in the center, as a playmaker. We wouldn't just sign a world class footballer, but we would also sign a guy with personality, a leader.

The game against Villa showed we desperately need a guy on the right wing. Except Hazard, there wasn't anyone else that can create something out of nowhere. Chelsea simply didn't hurt Villa on the wings, especially on the right wing.

I can only imagine:

Hazard <------> Mata <------> Willian

one of the most dynamic line of attacking midfielders in modern football.

And one more thing: Rooney = £40mil transfer fee + £15-16mil per year wages

Willian + Eto'o = £32mil + £4-5mil transfer fee and £4-5mil per year + £8-9mil per year wages

I'm an avid fan of Rooney and I'd love him playing for Chelsea, but if he won't end up here, I'd stick with Willian and Eto'o.

Finally someone that has actually watched him properly. And know what we lack in the attack that goes unnoticed(better direct dribbling)

He has great: balance, creativity, dribbling, skills, pace, first touch on hazards level. He will occupy the RW without any problems. He reminds me of Reus with more skills

I wanted him at chelsea waaaay before we signed oscar and hazard.

touché!!!

unlike most of you guys, I have never been impressed by Oscar. He might be a talented lad with lots of potential to develop into one of the best attacking mids in this football game, but he's just simply not the type of player I enjoy watching. My point is - although this team has tons of attacking mids, there is a spot that needs to be filled, and that's the RW. Moses is the only natural player that can play there. And maybe KDB, but he is more of an AMC. That's why I think, and Jose thinks,too (if the rumours are true), that Willian can fill in that spot. You can say what you want about the transfer fee, or his wages, or his hair, but you simply can't say he isn't a top class footballer. I've watched this lad week in, week out since his arrival in Europe (every Shakhtar's game is broadcasted live in Romania because Lucescu is coaching them) and he is a beast. Dribbling, first touch, passing, technique, creativity, pace = Level World Class. He can play as a LW, AMC and RW, too. You can't say he is a LW, or an AMC, just because now he's a RW, in 10 minutes he'll be on the left wing, then in the center and so on. He is a versatile player. Since his arrival in Anzhi, he has player more on the right wing for them, and also in the center, as a playmaker. We wouldn't just sign a world class footballer, but we would also sign a guy with personality, a leader.

The game against Villa showed we desperately need a guy on the right wing. Except Hazard, there wasn't anyone else that can create something out of nowhere. Chelsea simply didn't hurt Villa on the wings, especially on the right wing.

I can only imagine:

Hazard <------> Mata <------> Willian

one of the most dynamic line of attacking midfielders in modern football.

And one more thing: Rooney = £40mil transfer fee + £15-16mil per year wages

Willian + Eto'o = £32mil + £4-5mil transfer fee and £4-5mil per year + £8-9mil per year wages

I'm an avid fan of Rooney and I'd love him playing for Chelsea, but if he won't end up here, I'd stick with Willian and Eto'o.

Excellent, just the post I was waiting for.

How is he in terms of tracking back though? I can not help to feel that it is an important characteristic of any wingers we would be interested in atm, they have to be able to contribute in the defense.

I think Mou is going for a starting eleven that contains

Hazard - Oscar - Willian

if the transfer goes through. Schurrle, Mata and KDB would provide excellent rotation options for each of the positions and we would finally reach a balance there that has been lacking for a while.

People who say its a stupid move (well... everyone almost), what if Jose wants to push Oscar to the pivot? would it still be stupid? imo no.

--Ramires-Oscar----

Willian--Mata--Hazard

---Rooney/Eto'o/X----

What would you say about that?!

I think, if Oscar moves deeper, KDB could not be enough in Jose's eyes and if we could bring in another option, such talented option, why not?

If thats the case off course Moses and Mikel are leaving.

Excellent, just the post I was waiting for.

How is he in terms of tracking back though? I can not help to feel that it is an important characteristic of any wingers we would be interested in atm, they have to be able to contribute in the defense.

I think Mou is going for a starting eleven that contains

Hazard - Oscar - Willian

if the transfer goes through. Schurrle, Mata and KDB would provide excellent rotation options for each of the positions and we would finally reach a balance there that has been lacking for a while.

Exactly. You understand what mourinho used to do, very compact in the center and wingers with pace down the wings.

.......Gudjohnson/drogba

Joecole. Lamps. Robben

.......Makalele - Essien

Ramires is playing more calm recently and begining to remind me of makalele, and we never even had a DLP in the first place. At that time, drogba wasn't world class, so we were average up front but we still stomped the league with 95points.

......Torres/Lukaku

Hazard - oscar/mata - willian

......Ramires - Lamps/MVG

See the similarity?

I don't understand why we can't just spend the 32m on a striker or CDM...Lewandowski, De Rossi anyone?

Why do people keep mentioning Lewandowski as a solution?

He's off to Bayern next season and he just got a nice pay-rise to stay motivated at Dortmund this season.

We're not going to buy a player for £30 million on a bench warmer. Simple as.

That is exactly what i don't understand..... Why are we buying a player for a position that we are very rich in ? This is a weird transfer and it doesn't make sense. I think they might think that we need a player who will open up that right wing because Oscar comes in field too much ?

People who say its a stupid move (well... everyone almost), what if Jose wants to push Oscar to the pivot? would it still be stupid? imo no.

--Ramires-Oscar----

Willian--Mata--Hazard

---Rooney/Eto'o/X----

What would you say about that?!

I think, if Oscar moves deeper, KDB could not be enough in Jose's eyes and if we could bring in another option, such talented option, why not?

If thats the case off course Moses and Mikel are leaving.

If Oscar is pushed into the pivot then it might not be such a bad move.

but then what will we do about Moses, Schurrle and KDB?

Make Schurrle a CF?