Chelsea Signing Di Santo: Crespo, Tevez My Heroes

Franco di Santo is excited about kicking off his career at Chelsea.

The 18 year-old Argentine attacker has signed for Chelsea from Chile's Audax Italiano and told Ole: "I've always liked English football and it was my dream to come here.

"I like how the game is played, how quickly everything happens. It is simple and very complicated at the same time. This is what makes it attractive."

Di Santo admits he has one big ambition playing in England - to get the shirt of Manchester United star Carlos Tevez.

"He is a teacher, it will be an honour to play against him. I would love to change shirts with him. "I would also love to meet Hernan Crespo. He is my idol."

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i don't understand and may be there is some contract dispute and another team comes in and voila!

i'm sure its just my wicked mind at work :D

Deal done with his club - confirmed by them

Deal done with the player - confirmed by him

Every paper in the world saying it is done

Chelsea - no comment.....

thats what i don't understand and may be there is some contract dispute and another team comes in and voila!

i'm sure its just my wicked mind at work :D

Work Permit Brother.......its the same old shit issue of work permit for South American Players in England...I think that has been holding him up from signing. I just hope he gets it soon.

Work Permit Brother.......its the same old shit issue of work permit for South American Players in England...I think that has been holding him up from signing. I just hope he gets it soon.

I thought he had Italian or Spanish citizenship meaning that wasn't a problem?

I thought he had Italian or Spanish citizenship meaning that wasn't a problem?

He has an Italian Passport....according to reports. But still I think the rules for working in England are different. Alex wasnt allowed to play in England but he could play in Holland. Similarly, these players from south america do get work permits easily to play in Italy or Spain, but not in England. Hence , I feel its the issue thats holding him back.

He has an Italian Passport....according to reports. But still I think the rules for working in England are different. Alex wasnt allowed to play in England but he could play in Holland. Similarly, these players from south america do get work permits easily to play in Italy or Spain, but not in England. Hence , I feel its the issue thats holding him back.

Yes there are different rules, however those are for those without a European passport, such as Alex. Di Santo has an Italian passport, thus he has a European passport, thus he can be employed in this country without any problems. At least that's how I understand it. I think maybe the club view him as a youth signing and neglected to actually announce, or else BlueLion's theory about Kenyon is true, or maybe he just hasn't arrived in the country just yet.

Yes there are different rules, however those are for those without a European passport, such as Alex. Di Santo has an Italian passport, thus he has a European passport, thus he can be employed in this country without any problems. At least that's how I understand it. I think maybe the club view him as a youth signing and neglected to actually announce, or else BlueLion's theory about Kenyon is true, or maybe he just hasn't arrived in the country just yet.

Your right there is no work permit issue because he has an Italian passport.

I would be suprised if he was viewed as a youth signing because he is 18 and very highly rated, in the same way as when Mikel came into the first team, and besides they always usually announce big youth signings like this as well. In one of his interviews he said he would be over at the weekend. Maybe Kenyon is away, but that would suprise me.