Ballack A Revelation At Chelsea

Looking at Ballack play this season, he seems to have hit form straight away after a lenghty lay off. What a player he has been in this last one month when Chelsea has missed a majority of its first team players. Is it the Captain;s arm band? or is it the absence of Lampard? its anybody's guess.The free kick against Villa, the Penalty against Fulham, the assists, etc.......He is back. But hang on. Where would Ballack play when Lampard returns? And where would essien play when he returns. Will he be the same Ballack? again anybody's guess.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Ballack play this season, he seems to have hit form straight away after a lenghty lay off. What a player he has been in this last one month when Chelsea has missed a majority of its first team players. Is it the Captain;s arm band? or is it the absence of Lampard? its anybody's guess.The free kick against Villa, the Penalty against Fulham, the assists, etc.......He is back. But hang on. Where would Ballack play when Lampard returns? And where would essien play when he returns. Will he be the same Ballack? again anybody's guess.

Hi

i always knew he was a top player who will do it for us , as he is special and world class

yes lampard is comming back soon & to me thats even better :thumbsup:

Don't really think its the armband.. But perhaps Lamps' absence has infact made him play better.. Still think that once Lamps comes back they can play together though.. play well together that is. If this really happens it could be simply awesome. Ballack - Lampard - Essien with Mikel and Makelele as "back-up".. awesome

The adaption time Ballack has had now is more than likely the main reason why he has been playing so well since comming back from injury, he knows the way the game is played now and he knows his team, and he is a clever player so adaption is now done.

If he wasn't ready to come back yet we would be toally screwed without that drive in midfield from either him or Lampard. Lets hope he stays fit for the rest of the season.

Wasn't so brilliant against Birmingham but everyone has their off days. His work load has increased greatly in my opinion and his contribution in the form of goals and assists shows his improvement.

There wasn't exactly many brilliant players against Birmingham though and hopefully he will be a massive influence over tonights game.

The adaption time Ballack has had now is more than likely the main reason why he has been playing so well since comming back from injury, he knows the way the game is played now and he knows his team, and he is a clever player so adaption is now done.

If he wasn't ready to come back yet we would be toally screwed without that drive in midfield from either him or Lampard. Lets hope he stays fit for the rest of the season.

Go along with the adaption theory, but he also flourishes at his best when with the armband, organising, moving faster, anticipating runs, kommandant stylee. He relishes the responsibility.

Go along with the adaption theory, but he also flourishes at his best when with the armband, organising, moving faster, anticipating runs, kommandant stylee. He relishes the responsibility.

To be fair to him i thought he did pretty well last season too. A lot of English people have problems with players who do not charge around the field like a f**king madman for 90 minutes, which is why players like Ballack and Mikel get little credit and players like Gerrard get praised to the rooftops......

The difference this season is that he is more in tune with his teammates and is unlikely to give the ball away where last season his anticipation was off at times.

To be fair to him i thought he did pretty well last season too. A lot of English people have problems with players who do not charge around the field like a f**king madman for 90 minutes, which is why players like Ballack and Mikel get little credit and players like Gerrard get praised to the rooftops......

The difference this season is that he is more in tune with his teammates and is unlikely to give the ball away where last season his anticipation was off at times.

I think it was only you and me defending him last season on the forum. Everyone saying he was a lazy cunt, -even Badboy wants to have the Germans babies now.

I think it was only you and me defending him last season on the forum. Everyone saying he was a lazy cunt, -even Badboy wants to have the Germans babies now.

Yup there wasn't many who saw anything other than a lazy player. But Chelsea fans do like to be critical of their players :D

He will be very important for us this season, and has been a life saver at the moment with the absent players.

Yup there wasn't many who saw anything other than a lazy player. But Chelsea fans do like to be critical of their players :D

He will be very important for us this season, and has been a life saver at the moment with the absent players.

His extra time semi goal against Blackbum was a highlight, meant we were in the FA Cup final, and lets hope he can score another superb free kick at Goodison again tonight !

He oozes quality and is one of the Worlds Greats

i want a defender to score tonight, our goals from the defenders have dropped year after year, i may be wrong.. cos i'm just guessing..

Alex and Belletti have weighed in with a few goals this season. JT used to score a lot but hasn't for the last 2 seasons.