Chelsea U18s v Arsenal U18s

neutral07

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was a brilliant game. When you look at the Arsenal squad you see a very big team physically. We coped with that and played some very nice football putting them under some serious pressure and it is amazing that we didn't score more goals. Lalkovic, Saville and Chalobah the top performers for me on the night but everyone did their bit and like last season worked as a unit.

If we can get Prosenik back and keep Josh in the team then this team can go all the way again with their attitude and ability:

...................................................Blackman..................................................

Kane.........................Pappoe...................Chalobah..............Deen-Conteh

..................................Saville...........................Clifford.................................

..................................................McEachran.................................................

....Lalkovic................................Prosenik....................................Devyne...

I was worried near the end of the game because a lack of games recently meant that fitness was low and we did struggle a little but we took a chance well and got what we massively deserved from that game. Rushden & Diamonds or Barnsley await us in the next round.

Highlights will beup tonight.

...................................................Blackman..................................................

Kane.........................Pappoe...................Chalobah..............Deen-Conteh

..................................Saville...........................Clifford.................................

..................................................McEachran.................................................

....Lalkovic................................Prosenik....................................Devyne...

We apparently have a CB crisis at CFC but in my oppinion Pappoe and Chalobah are top class and can go all the way into the first team one day.

Who would you say is the better keeper between Jamal and Sam?

Comparing Jamal this year to Sam last year Sam Walker is better at the moment. Much more assured whereas Jamal is a little bit unsure of himself at times and will hesitate on descisions. I think Sam is a very good keeper. Blackman is too and he can develop more still, he started later as well which makes it harder for Jamal.

Last night was a brilliant game. When you look at the Arsenal squad you see a very big team physically. We coped with that and played some very nice football putting them under some serious pressure and it is amazing that we didn't score more goals. Lalkovic, Saville and Chalobah the top performers for me on the night but everyone did their bit and like last season worked as a unit.

If we can get Prosenik back and keep Josh in the team then this team can go all the way again with their attitude and ability:

I was worried near the end of the game because a lack of games recently meant that fitness was low and we did struggle a little but we took a chance well and got what we massively deserved from that game. Rushden & Diamonds or Barnsley await us in the next round.

Highlights will beup tonight.

Very true after last night we must fancy our chances against Rushden or Barnsley, when will that be on?

The academy has come on leaps and bounds in the last 5 years, while its still a working progress carry on the way we have been going it will only be a matter of time before we start producing at a fast rate.

Funny.. That's what we said about Bruma last year :whistling:

And it isn't wrong, Bruma CAN go all the way to being a first team regular at Chelsea. Chalobah is a huge talent, still only a schoolboy and only just turned 16. Danny Pappoe is also a big talent, the big test for Danny will come when his size no longer becomes the advantage it is now. Rohan Ince as well is a decent prospect at centre back.

I'm usually not one to look for new Borinis, Woods, Stochs, Kakutas and McEachrans but Chalobah looks like an excellent player and considering his age it's hard to imagine he doesn't have a great future in front of him, of course he does have an advantage due to his height but he's not really the player who dominates his age group due to his built like Carlton Cole was.

Also was I the only one who didn't see the point of McEachran playing? Games at this level are all about development and I had the impression that McEachran was being developed to fit into our man squad and not playing for the U18s. Yes, he's a couiple of years away from even being considerer as a starter but I reckon playing with the reserves would have helped him more because he's more likely to find himself playing allongside Sturridge, Kakuta, Clifford, Bertrand and Tore than Pappo, Saville and Devyne.

I'm usually not one to look for new Borinis, Stochs, Kakutas and McEachrans but Chalobah looks like an excellent player and considering his age it's hard to imagine he doesn't have a great future in front of him, of course he does have an advantage due to his height but he's not really the player who dominates his age group due to his built like Carlton Cole was.

Also was I the only one who didn't see the point of McEachran playing? Games at this level are all about development and I had the impression that McEachran was being developed to fit into our man squad and not playing for the U18s. Yes, he's a couiple of years away from even being considerer as a starter but I reckon playing with the reserves would have helped him more because he's more likely to find himself playing allongside Sturridge, Kakuta, Clifford, Bertrand and Tore than Pappo, Saville and Devyne.

Chalobah is a massive talent, his development will definately be one to keep an eye on.

Of course it was worthwhile Josh playing. For a number of reasons, firstly the youth cup is the biggest competition at this level and we want to put out our best side to win the game. Secondly Josh needs games, it showed his fitness is not 100% last night and that is down to lack of games. It is also important to keep this boys grounded and to not think they are above playing for the youth team now. Like Bruma did last season, like Jack Wilshire did for Arsenal the season before. We want to retain the youth cup and Josh is our best player available for the competition, of course we should be playing him.

Of course it was worthwhile Josh playing. For a number of reasons, firstly the youth cup is the biggest competition at this level and we want to put out our best side to win the game. Secondly Josh needs games, it showed his fitness is not 100% last night and that is down to lack of games. It is also important to keep this boys grounded and to not think they are above playing for the youth team now. Like Bruma did last season, like Jack Wilshire did for Arsenal the season before. We want to retain the youth cup and Josh is our best player available for the competition, of course we should be playing him.

I obviously rate youth competitions less than you do but keeping him fit and grounded sounds good enough.

Impressive. His passing and running into spaces are good.

Yup Nditi looked impressive enough when he came on. Not too much of a suprise though considering that the U16's/U15's age group is sweeping aside everything before them and seem to be full of top quality youngsters. Watching them come through this and next season is going to be very exciting.

Given where we were and the players we are producing i think we have now one of if not THE best academy in the country. Frank Arnesson and Neil Bath deserve a lot of credit for the set up now. Only 1 player in that squad last night aquired from overseas and that is Lalkovic and even he came at 14!

Yup Nditi looked impressive enough when he came on. Not too much of a suprise though considering that the U16's/U15's age group is sweeping aside everything before them and seem to be full of top quality youngsters. Watching them come through this and next season is going to be very exciting.

Given where we were and the players we are producing i think we have now one of if not THE best academy in the country. Frank Arnesson and Neil Bath deserve a lot of credit for the set up now. Only 1 player in that squad last night aquired from overseas and that is Lalkovic and even he came at 14!

:goodpost: Have you got a table for that age group?