Niko Kranjcar

milllz

Chelsea are poised to make a shock £6million move for Tottenham's Niko Kranjcar.

Despite a small transfer budget for the current window, under-fire Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti is desperate to strengthen his squad by signing a world-class midfielder. The Italian initially wanted Everton ace Steven Pienaar but, after agreeing a £3m fee, the player's wage demands of £75,000 a week ended the proposed deal. So now Ancelotti has turned his attention to Croatian star Kranjcar. The ex-Portsmouth midfielder, 26, has struggled to get any first-team action since moving to White Hart Lane 18 months ago and has made just one start in the Premier League so far this season.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp confirmed last week that Kranjcar can leave at the right price. However, that was when Newcastle, West Ham and Fulham were chasing the playmaker, capped 61 times by his country. Whether Redknapp expected interest from Chelsea and would consider selling to one of their closest rivals is another matter. But, with Kranjcar keen on the switch, Chelsea will test Spurs' resolve by tabling an offer in the next few days.

Ironically, whether they get their man may well hinge on Redknapp's pursuit of Pienaar, for whom Spurs have had a £3m bid accepted.

:D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be perfect!

He is creative, got a shot on him and some skill, i remember that challenge with Ballack when he was playing with Tottenham and he was able to flick it through his legs (or something) got up and carried on the attack. He is a player that can play numerous roles, attacking midfeilder, centeral midfeilder and his natural role as a winger.

Always been a fan of his since he came to England, and would love to see him come. Probably underrated, which could be a plus for us, and the move would look set as he has been told he would be leaving before the window opened.

I don't rate Kranjcar that much, i think he's a lazy poser. No work rate and hardly any first team football for ages. I'd rather Pienaar, at least he plays virtually every week and is usually consistent.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You