Anelka Has A Word With Drogba

"He's 29, I think, and if he wants to come back it's going to be very difficult. I did it when I was 20 so I could come back," said Anelka.

"He's nearly 30, so if he signs somewhere and he regrets it, it's very difficult to come back."

Anelka revealed he has already spoken to Drogba since signing for the Blues, despite the Ivorian being away on African Cup of Nations duty for the next few weeks.

And the Frenchman said he hoped to have further in-depth discussions with his future strike partner in a bid to keep him at Stamford Bridge.

"I think when he comes back I will speak with him because he doesn't know anything about what happens when you leave England," Anelka continued.

"I know because I did it and I know when I was outside of England and the Premier League it was hard.

"I would tell him to stay because he will not find what he has at Chelsea and in England anywhere else.

He continued: "I spoke with him yesterday and I told him I'm looking forward to playing with him. I don't know what he thinks about his future but I will tell him to stay and we can be good together.

"He is a big star in England and a big star in Chelsea and everybody loves him.

"It's up to him if he decides to leave, but I will tell him not to."

Reuters Newsagency

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Drogba situation is a pain in the ass. No-one should be bigger than the club and sometimes you feel Didier sees himself as the big man in the team. So much has been said from him and about him this season that it will be a relief when it is all over with. We can sign Strikers who can have a similar impact to what Drogba does and Anelka may just be that man.

Yeah, cant blame the bloke for wanting to better himself or whatever, now, as theres little loyalty around.

Its just cuntish to go public with it, in order to announce a Dutch auction. Thats if he has said half things that are attributed to him, of course.

Yeah, cant blame the bloke for wanting to better himself or whatever, now, as theres little loyalty around.

Its just cuntish to go public with it, in order to announce a Dutch auction. Thats if he has said half things that are attributed to him, of course.

Well thats the thing, we don't know how much he has actually said or how accurately it has been translated. Drogba has been immense and everyone would like to keep him. But no-one wants a player that does not want to be here and is desperate to get away.

if anelka soemhow gets drogba to stay i only want this to happyne if he is going to be 100% positive that he is going to give us everything he has got.. i dont want to keep hearing these articles about him wanting to leave its really anoying

The Drogba situation is a pain in the ass. No-one should be bigger than the club and sometimes you feel Didier sees himself as the big man in the team. So much has been said from him and about him this season that it will be a relief when it is all over with. We can sign Strikers who can have a similar impact to what Drogba does and Anelka may just be that man.

We can, but I don't feel anyone can do his job as well as he can.

We all know what Drogba's done for us but ffs how many more times are we going to hear him talk to the press about his future without Chelsea? He's a Chelsea player atm, its us that pay his wages right now so we're what he should be talking about it anything.

Don't think Anelka would have much sway tbh but I think he's spot on. I don't think Drogba will have what he's got now with anyone else. He wasn't confidently banging in the goals when he came to us (although I think his contribution at that time often went unrecognised) and to start with he was whingeing to the papers about wanting to leave because nobody loved him. He was given time and his manager's support and total belief, even to the point where the game was played around him - making him truly believe he is the centre of Chelsea's universe. In short, he was given everything he has now - money, adoring supporters, a much higher profile in football and an ego the size of a house.

End result? He feels he's outgrown us.

But at the end of the day, has he said things to the press at all? We all know how much bullshit they spread.

Of course they put their own slant on it and colour it up a bit but he has to have made the odd comment to start with. If he hasnt said a word of what they print, I couldnt see either him or the club letting them continually get away with it.

Grunt said a few weeks back when the last Drogba story came out about him wanting to leave the club that he doesnt mind him doing it........I cant remember the exact reason he gave, but Grunt said something which seemed daft... :rolleyes:

Imo...Drogba talks too much.