Kevin De Bruyne

chrismada9

Rumours circulating around Stamford Bridge today suggest that Chelsea are close to striking a deal with Belgian club Racing Genk for signing of nippy left-winger Kevin De Bruyne.

The Belgian youngster’s agent, Patrick de Koster, has revealed that the London club have invited the 19-year-old to visit them to discuss a proposed move.

“Someone important at Chelsea told me that the club are closely monitoring Kevin’s progress. He also asked me when we could meet to discuss a possible transfer,” De Koster told HLN.

“They want to discuss Kevin’s future and also invited us to visit Chelsea’s stadium. We’ve had similar requests in the past, but never visited any clubs. However, we’re planning to visit Chelsea once we have time.”

The Belgian prodigy has previously been linked with moves to Arsenal and Everton, but it would now seem that the English champions are ready to make an official move for the winger. Chelsea have been widely tipped to make moves in this year’s January transfer window following a severe drop in form which has seen them only take 5 points from the last 15 available.

Carlo Ancelotti said earlier this week that he was ‘lucky’ to be in a job at Stamford Bridge and their latest defeat at the hands of Mick McCarthy’s Wolves will certainly have turned up the pressure on the former AC Milan manager.

Despite Chelsea’s fantastic start to the season they now sit in 5th place in the Premier League, 9 points off the pace having played one more game. Such a dilemma could leave chairman Abramovic with two options, either to sack his prestige manager or hand over his chequebook to the former Champion’s League winner.

The Blues may face stiff competition for the De Bruyne though, he has also been widely linked with moves to Germany and Holland with interest from top European clubs such as PSV, Twente and Bayern Munich.

-----------------------------------------------

Source:- Football Transfer Tavern

------------------------------------------------

Seriously.... who? I've never heard of him! And £9m??! :blink:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours circulating around Stamford Bridge today suggest that Chelsea are close to striking a deal with Belgian club Racing Genk for signing of nippy left-winger Kevin De Bruyne.

You can NOT be serious. THAT'S THE LAST KIND OF PLAYER WE NEED.

I sincerely hope this is not true :doh:

You can NOT be serious. THAT'S THE LAST KIND OF PLAYER WE NEED.

I sincerely hope this is not true :doh:

You want a right winger ? You will have a left winger.

You want a young player ? You will have a old player.

This is how the CFC board is rolling.

De Bruyne is a (right-footed) attacking midfielder who can also play on the wings. Considered one Belgium's biggest talents together with Lukaku and Carcela.

Heard of him, never seen him play. From what i've heard, his main strenghts are his passing, technique, vision, can pass, dribble and shoot with both feet and he has a great, powerful right foot (solid corner-taking and being able to score direct free kicks). He's pretty powerful too. So a complete player.

Not 'Chelsea material' yet but could be in the future.

And the story is true, his agent confirmed it. Nothing serious yet but Chelsea is interested.

Yeah ive just seen a few videos of him. He plays on the left but cuts in on his right foot, loves using tricks, probably over uses the "flip-flap" that Ronaldinho does. Hes ginger...I dont know why, but i thought id mention that...As since Sidwell left we havent got a token ginger in the squad. Good with the long range shots, takes free kicks Ronaldo style and is good for corners....Maybe Chelsea actually DO know what theyre doing for once =0???? (Dont qoute me on that)

I don't think we need that much young players right now. It's hard to believe that he will fit into EPL right away and start playing good, though on youtube he seems to have a sniper on his leg, but youtube vids can be deceiving.

£10m-rated Belgian striker confirms Chelsea interest

It has been revealed today that Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is showing an interest in the young Belgian striker Kevin de Bruyne who currently plays for Genk in Belgium. The 19 year-old has exploded onto the international scene with a massive 16 goals in just 14 games for the Belgian U19 team and has even made his full international debut against Finland last year.

De Bruyne said yesterday: “Chelsea’s interest obviously flatters me. It’s a dream for me to play in the Premier League at one point in my career.”

Wouldn't be surprised if this is some ploy to lure Lukaku :lol:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You