Chelsea vs Aston Villa

BlueLion.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominated in possession before they equalised but didn't do a thing with all that posession. Can't remember a real goal-scoring opportunity. Still nowhere near the level champions should be playing at..

And btw, are Villa trying to kill our players?

Essien needs to stop going in for hard tackles, he's done it frequently in this game, and it cost us our lead. Ancelotti needs to get it into his head. Mikel does it so much better than him, but he's not featuring in this game, which is a shame!

I'm a bit shocked Essien hasn't even been booked!

I was going to criticise Drogba but I've just realised.. He's had no actual service, we've played most the game in our own half and in the middle.

The referee's been a bit inconsistent. Essien should have a booking by now :lol: personally, I think Essien needs to cool off a bit, he keeps going into some challenges and miss timing them, Like Ashley Young right before half time. Anelka's first touches are poor, if he's staying on, he really needs to fix up. I would say the usual "Sturridge for Anelka" but let's be honest.. It's not happening.

Bruma's having a good one, played a delicious pass which Anelka fucked up. Ferreira looked sharp vs Abonglahor at the start but soon started wearing off a bit, he will come off soon I think, he can't last 90minutes like that. Lampard's returning to his old form.. He played that great ball, which Malouda should've really left to Ramires. But I can see why he wanted it, and though he could handle it.

I really want us to play through the middle now and get Drogba involved. The wide areas are just being closed down, Ashely Cole can't go forward because of the risk of Young and Downing, it's too risky, and he's doing good defensively. Anelka's not keeping the pace, but he did deliver a good ball into the box, it still doesn't excuse his poor touches of late. Let's go through the middle, get Lampard delivering for Drogba and see the Drog do what he does..