Branislav Ivanovic Signs

BlueLion.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets hope he is as good as he looks and as good as he has been hyped up. It will be hard for him to get games though, i would guess if he is going to get games soon it will be at Right back to give Belletti a bit of a break.

Mmm Belletti seems invaluable at the moment. The new bloke could be edged in slowly, doesn't seem the prima donna type that will demand appearances. Hopefully Ben Haim will fuck off now.

Mmm Belletti seems invaluable at the moment. The new bloke could be edged in slowly, doesn't seem the prima donna type that will demand appearances. Hopefully Ben Haim will fuck off now.

Couldn't agree more with all of that really :) Judging my his YouTube videos he would do well at right back getting forward. He does seem a great asset for us though which is the main thing.

Who the hell is Branislav Ivanovic is he a good player but nobody hear of Vidic and hes a good player so thats hope hes better than vidic and he can play across the back four and he has be linked to ac milan inter man utd juventus real madrid and barcelona so he must be a good player

You didn't knew for Vidic when he came to man utd??

He was a great star here..and in east europe...

I am glad to hear that Ivanovic has come hope defender problem is behind us now.!

I am glad to hear that Ivanovic has come hope defender problem is behind us now.!

To be fair we don't really have a defender problem!!! This one is more of a long term signing than the sort of quick fix for the ACN/rest of season that we expected to see in January.

And also the 2 sigings so far have been excellant as far as January signings go.

I see the Daily Mail is speculating that Bridge will now leave :rolleyes: , and are resurrecting the shite that the arrival of the new bloke means Rafa will get Bridge.

Any excuse to write garbage for them!!! Ben Haim is the one most likely to depart for sure.

He is certainly very highly rated and is still very very young which is great for our future, especially as Alex is also still fairly young. Our defence is looking very very solid indeed which is vital for a decent team.

Yeah as Tri Blue says hes great mates with Vidic apparently, and the reason he cost so much was because he was under contract at Locomoiv till 2011.

I wouldn't say that £8/9m for a quality defender is too much really! I know most of the papers today have rounded up to a nice even £10m but it was reported as £8.9m. When you think his reputation and young age i think that is a pretty good deal.

Was looked at by pretty much all the top clubs aparently which is a good idea of how he is viewed.

I wouldn't say that £8/9m for a quality defender is too much really! I know most of the papers today have rounded up to a nice even £10m but it was reported as £8.9m. When you think his reputation and young age i think that is a pretty good deal.

Was looked at by pretty much all the top clubs aparently which is a good idea of how he is viewed.

Well its seen as a lot as hes relatively untested. Only 10 appearances for Serbia because they have such quality defenders. If he hadn't been under contract till 2011 -would have been around £5 million.

Still, hes definitely one for the future and a four year contract at £50 000 a week is good business.

Well its seen as a lot as hes relatively untested. Only 10 appearances for Serbia because they have such quality defenders. If he hadn't been under contract till 2011 -would have been around £5 million.

Still, hes definitely one for the future and a four year contract at £50 000 a week is good business.

It is very good business, and the fact he is still relatively young will not have made it easier to break into their national team. Although he was very successful i think at U21 level....

Will be good to see him in action and finally see what he is all about.

when dou guys think he will get a game?

maybe first game this weekend if medical goes through?

Definately won't play this weekend as there is no "need" to play him like there was with Anelka, will give him more time to train with the team and maybe make an appearance against Wigan in the FA Cup