The new Joe Cole

Wilson

I miss the flare we had on that right flank when we had Duff and then Joey. Anelka does do the job for me but we need the new Joe Cole! Despite being left footed however, I think Adam Johnson would be a great addition to Chelsea! He is a very similar player to Cole and Duff. I doubt City would sell him but I know he'd fit in well at Chelsea! Opinions?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean when Cole was younger when he first signed. He was good untill his injury in the FA Cup. I'm comparing Johnson to Cole when he was Johnsons age (roughly).

Joe Cole was good when he was a squad member and had compeition for places. He was useless when he was a first team player. He was even more useless when he thought he could bully a new manager (Carlo) to play him in a position he simply doesn't have the brain or ability for which was behind the strikers. I was glad to see him leave. :wave:

I miss the flare we had on that right flank when we had Duff and then Joey. Anelka does do the job for me but we need the new Joe Cole! Despite being left footed however, I think Adam Johnson would be a great addition to Chelsea! He is a very similar player to Cole and Duff. I doubt City would sell him but I know he'd fit in well at Chelsea! Opinions?

We've got too many left-footed players in our squad. We need someone to play on the pure right. Rémy anyone?

You're right Madmax lol, But I will always defend Joey, great player. Not so much now, he's lost it a bit since injury. And he was a prick for wanting more money and all the rest. However, that can not take the fact away that he was a great player for us!

He wasn't useless, not many goals but he could rip past players with skill, pace, control and ease and getting good balls in.

Joe rarely beat players. The few times he did it was exaggerated and put up on youtube for the fanboys to w*nk over.

Johnson is a different animal. He can beat players at will and his dribbling is effective as opposed to Joe Cole's big windmill stepovers that dont fool anyone but himself. Johnson is an old school winger. Joe Cole is a five a side footballer.

We've got too many left-footed players in our squad. We need someone to play on the pure right. Rémy anyone?

True but most of them are ageing! He'd be an ideal replacement for Malouda. Plus it would give Kakuta competition and hopefuly that would help bring the best out of him lol :). On another note, I don't want Malouda to go lol :(:(:(.

The days when we had flying wings, Robben and Duffer on the flanks the pace of them both was devastating and scared defenses. Would love to see that kind of style again we were devastating and feared in europe.

It's a pity when you think of the chance we had to sign Johnson before he had moved to Citeh. There were some strong speculations...hang on, our board :rolleyes:

We did sign someone from Middlesbrough though. His name?

Ross Turnbull.

I'd just someone who actually tries on the pitch. The amount of half-hearted performances - actually, scratch that - pathetic performances frankly makes me embarrassed to call myself a Chelsea fan. I have and will always support this team through the thick and thin, but it is very hard to have even a semblance of confidence or belief when I am repeatedly seeing at least half a dozen under-performing, over-paid arseholes on the pitch who, to a man, are letting the supporters down.

Couldn't agree more blueLion, they proved yesterday that they don't care about the shirt right now and that fucking pisses me off. We need a new banner "play for the shirt" or something lol, to make them really take a hard look at themselves, what they're doing to the Chelsea name right now is a disgrace, players, manager everyone that can fucking be blamed, should be, it's the whole club that's fucked up right now.

And for the Ballack lovers, here are his stats for the season He hasn't played since September, in the German league........