Marseille vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im as disappointed as any with our recent form but I think the reaction to what was essential a nothing game on here is way over the top.

Ok it was hardly a vintage performance but I thought we played well in parts of it, while there was negatives (Drogba's continued slump in form, Bosingwa's injury and Kalou in general) I thought there was also positives and none more so than Josh McEachran who was our best player by a long distance, his passing, his willingness to get on the ball and his determination to win back the ball were all on show last night, rather than soley concentrating on the negatives, why not look at the positives because right now at the club there is nothing more positive than Josh McEachran because you are looking at the future of Chelsea FC right there and England's next great midfielder, a wonderful talent.

Speaking of midfielders, the criticism of Ramires is not warranted at all. McEachran aside I thought he was our best player last night, he played a few absolute gems of passes, which had Ozil or Iniesta played them, the fans of their respective clubs would be raving about them, I thuoght he tackled and got about the pitch quite well last night too, infact aside from his performance against Arsenal, I thought that was his best game for the club so far. Unfortunately he has been typecast in the fall guy role so no matter how well he plays everyone will get on to him anyway but at the end of the day what we are missing is Frank Lampard in our midfield and its not our fault that he is not, nor did we sign him with the intention of him being, Frank Lampard.

Speaking of midfielders, the criticism of Ramires is not warranted at all. McEachran aside I thought he was our best player last night, he played a few absolute gems of passes, which had Ozil or Iniesta played them, the fans of their respective clubs would be raving about them, I thuoght he tackled and got about the pitch quite well last night too, infact aside from his performance against Arsenal, I thought that was his best game for the club so far. Unfortunately he has been typecast in the fall guy role so no matter how well he plays everyone will get on to him anyway but at the end of the day what we are missing is Frank Lampard in our midfield and its not our fault that he is not, nor did we sign him with the intention of him being, Frank Lampard.

This.

I don't hate on Ramires. I hate on his type of player. Too defensive, gives no creativity to the team. He's fantastic at what he does, but we didn't/still don't need him.

I don't hate on Ramires. I hate on his type of player. Too defensive, gives no creativity to the team. He's fantastic at what he does, but we didn't/still don't need him.

Thats not his fault though and personally I think he is better defensively than our defensive midfielder Mikel.

Thats not his fault though and personally I think he is better defensively than our defensive midfielder Mikel.

I know it's not, I recognised that. He was the wrong player for us to sign to be honest.

Mikel > Ramires.

Mikel's passing out does Ramires (and most the team) any day.

I know it's not, I recognised that. He was the wrong player for us to sign to be honest.

Mikel > Ramires.

Mikel's passing out does Ramires (and most the team) any day.

Im not saying it doesn't but from a purely defensive standpoint I think Ramires is the better player.

from a purely defensive standpoint I think Ramires is the better player.

Hmm.. Maybe. With Brazil his defensive role was based on a partnership with Felipé Melo, so it was kind of hard to tell. Right now Mikel has established that position as his, and so, Ramires was a wasteful signing by us. (In my opinion)

He's a good player, as I've said repeatedly, but he's surplus to requirements.

OLYMPIQUE DE MARSEILLE VS FC CHELSEA LONDON 1:0

goalkeeper: cech

defense: bosingwa (van aanholt 79min.) - ivanovic - terry (bruma 71min.) - ferreira

midfield: ramires - essien - mceachran

attack: kalou - Drogba (sturridge 61min.) - malouda

damn.. 6 champions league games, 6 champions league wins,

this was the target, but we lost vs olympique de marseille!!

cool.. my african didier Drogba

played vs his ex club olympique de marseille in the stade velodrome, must be a special feeling!!