Who do we need?

Madmax

Who would you like to see as Chelsea's next assistant manager?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as Chelsea's next assistant manager?

• Gianfranco Zola
    • Steve Clarke
    • Paolo Maldini
    • Dennis Wise
    • Bruno Demichelis
    • Paul Clement
    • Nobody - Carlo can manage on his own with remaining staff

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'No decision has been made but I think we will take a name from the club and not from outside,' Ancelotti said. 'I read in the newspapers about [Paolo] Maldini, [Filipo] Galli, [Gianfranco] Zola. It is not true. I want to speak with the club and we will take the decision together but I am sure it will not be an Italian.'

Another name put forward by the papers is Michael Emenalo who has been at Chelsea since 2007.

'Michael Emenalo is doing a fantastic job as head opposition scout and he is already working very close to me. He is already an assistant,' explained Ancelotti who is not new to backroom staff changes. Similar happened when he was working in Italy and he is confident the Chelsea boat won't be rocked unduly.

'We will maintain the same type of training, we don't want to change. We have the possibility to maintain how we worked last season. The staff is able to maintain the same job without Ray.

'I have experience in football. Sometimes clubs take these decisions but with experience we move on and we maintain focus.'

- Carlo Ancelotti

Zola for me.

He has experience in managerial past as both Italy under 21's, and at West Ham, he would be respected by the players because of his playing history and his football days at the club, would be a firm favourite with the fans and also he can speak both English and Italian.

It would be wonderful if Zola then would replace Carlo as manager after a couple of seasons at the whelm, or even Zola would take charge of the team during the Carling Cup or something. Do somethiing like Ally McCoist at Rangers.

My vote goes to paul clement, worked with a lot of our youth players over the last 5 years and keeps having his responsibility's added too near on season on season, obviously well thought of from within the hierarchy of the club already knows all our training methods and how we work, so seems the logical choice to me.