The Right Winger Spot

no one can doubt what anelka has done so far , he has been very good this season but it's still pretty obvious that we will be much much stronger if someone like Aguero , Alexis Sanchez or Neymar was there .... the problem with our style of play right now is that we rely heavily on our left side .

hopefully with bosingwa back the right side will get more active but for the main time anelka drops back a lot and he usually looks like a second striker not a right winger !!! he has done a great job but may be someone else can do even a better job .

the most interesting one for me to get that spot is so far Alexis Sanchez , this lad is pure class winger with power , skill and lightening speed he is also full of tricks and his game style is very similar to cristianno ronaldo except that his work rate is much much better as he is a very hard worker .

the reason why i think he will be our best option because he is the only natural winger up for the grabs , don't get me wrong i will be very happy if we can get neymar or aguero as both of them are two great players but if we are looking for a right winger i think Sanchez is the best option

on the other hand Neymar is a great talent with great pace and skills he is a very good finisher as well , and i think he will be able to play anywhere upfront , also he is very very young so he is the one to buy for the future specially that he can be a great replacement for anelka or Drogba when they retire , his problem is he is not proved is a big league yet and he will take more time to adapt to the EPL .

aguero is without a doubt the most proven option for us he is a mix between messi and tevez he is full of tricks and pace mixed with a striker instinct , his only problem is his price while i can get along with atletico asking for 40 millions for him i don't think that he deserves a 150000 as a weekly salary yet .

what do you think ... who do you think we should buy .. may be someone else other than those 3 or may be you think Anelka , Kakuta , Kalou , sturridge and kalou are more than enough

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anelka is doing a fine job right now, him cutting inside gives room for the right back to bomb forward and put crosses in. This hasn't been exploited too much the past year because of Bosingwa's absence, but it will be now. Yes our left side is better, but then I'm happy with us playing to our strengths and let's face it, with Cole-Lampard-Malouda on that side, it is going to be the place where most of the action takes place.

I think I'm happy with our right wing. We have a lot of options which can be made use of. Anelka's pace, Kalou's direct running and trickery and Sturridge cutting inside. Take your pick really.

If we should buy a natural winger who has already proven, i would take Jesus Navas. He is still young (24 years old), i reckon we could buy him at a good price (no more than £20M) and every body have seen at the World Cup how good he is. The only problem with him, it's his mom... It seems he can't live without her, so if we want to buy him, we have to 'buy' his mother lol.

I believe it's would be the better sign for our right wing.

Otherwise, if we look for a good winger for the futur, i think we already have him : Kakuta.

About Neymar, i don't think hebe will our futur right winger. I reckon he is more a left winger... If we buy him, he will be Malouda successor.

But for now, Anelka does a great job for us on the right wing, so i don't think we really need to buy another winger . And i hope he will be better with Bosingwa.

You'll see a different Anelka now Bosingwa is back. Ivanovic is superb but Bosingwa is naturally a right-sided player and is more comfortable and confident going forward. Whilst Ivanovic only comes forward every now and again, Bosingwa is hardly ever in his own half (thankfully Mikel's disciplined and covers :lol:) and will make so many runs that Anelka will be given much more time and space to be creative. I think for now, we have a splendid right winger.

If Benayoun was fit, I would've said him you know. But only if we ever needed to give Anelka a rest. Benayoun proved at Liverpool he's capable of playing on the right wing, he's smart, pacy often and can find a great pass. His crossing and shooting isn't bad either, it's a shame won't see him till about February now.

But like most here, I think Anelka & Kalou are fine playing there. I think sometimes Anelka needs to stop cutting the ball back because he has the pace and strength to go on but often doesn't. Although as a winger I think it's okay (the problem is when he's a pure striker).

I think, one of the fundamental reasons for Malouda's great form now is because of Ashley Cole's game. To have the pace-filled full back making those strides behind you really gives you the motive/permission to keep pressing on at the defenders knowing you've got support right behind you.

Now don't think I'm saying Ivanovic and Ferriera are awful at this because they've both proved they can make those bombing runs and crosses, however I think Bosingwa does it better than anyone there. I'd even go as far as to say, he's on the best in the premiership when he does it! (his very first touch last week was that brilliant cross, so he's still got it :)) So I think with him starting and doing that today, Anelka will make many more strides into the box and down the wing. Although I hope he tracks back more :lol:

Finally, let's not forget Sturridge. We all know he wants to play that pure striker role, but with pace like his the wings would be a great position. He's young so he has plenty of time to adapt so I really don't think we have a problem in this area.

:cfc:

just like Adam Johnson (left footed) tears defences apart, while playing on the right wing. The only player who can do that is Kakuta I think.

but thats just a different football style altogether.

Problem with that is, it makes him very predictable. They know he's going to cut back and a good full back (like Ash) would be able to read that and stop him.

A proper winger would have been handy in the difficult CL and PL games but for everything else what we have clearly works.

yes , it works ... just like how the midfield of Mikel Essien and Ramires works but is it anywhere as effective as Lampard , Essien and Mikel ??!!!!!

i just think that we should either start giving kakuta more and more chances untill he impresses or we should get Sanches or Navas or Neymar ....

ash and malouda are doing a near perfect job on the left side and i would like to watch bosingwa and another player doing the same from the right .......

again don't get me wrong i know that anelka has been great so far but i just think someone else can do better

You'll see a different Anelka now Bosingwa is back. Ivanovic is superb but Bosingwa is naturally a right-sided player and is more comfortable and confident going forward. Whilst Ivanovic only comes forward every now and again, Bosingwa is hardly ever in his own half (thankfully Mikel's disciplined and covers :lol:) and will make so many runs that Anelka will be given much more time and space to be creative. I think for now, we have a splendid right winger.

Exactly Bosingwa will bomb forward and then Anelka will move inside and be an extra striker.