Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Terry To Undergo Scan

johnterry_617465.jpg

Chelsea and England captain John Terry will have a scan on his foot injury on Monday.

Terry has been out of action since breaking three bones against Arsenal on 16th December in a challenge with Emmanuel Eboue.

The centre-back admitted on Saturday the deadline of being fit to play for England against Switzerland, Fabio Capello's first match in charge, early next month is a "small target".

The defender reiterated that prognosis on Sky Sports on Sunday, adding he is likely to have a clearer picture after another check on how his injury is healing.

Asked when he expects to be playing again, he said: "I am hoping two or three weeks.

"I have my scan tomorrow morning."

SkySports

Edited by Hazboom

I mentioned before that he could return for the Liverpool game on 9th Feb....then theres a break of about 2 weeks until we play Olympiakos in the C/L before traveling to three point lane on 23rd Feb.

We have the luxury now of not having to rush him back, now that we have ample cover at the back.....let him heal fully and have the extra 2 weeks off to recouperte for the final push of the season....by then we will have everyone back from the ACON and we'll see what sort of position we are in to challenge for the title.

Still dont think we'll do it..........but........stranger things have happened.

Edited by Tri-Blue

At least we have sufficient cover for him this season, will be good to see him back, but there is no need for him to rush back this time.

Hopefully he will be fully recovered before he returns, the last thing we want is him rushing back and getting injured again.