Mikel: I Am Not A Monster

i wouldn't, because he'll try and do me. Goes in too high. Bollocks going in for a 50/50 with him. Would like to see a 50/50 between him and essien tho (not in a match situation ovbiously, training or something :P).

Edited by OllieCFC

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't, because he'll try and do me. Goes in too high. Bollocks going in for a 50/50 with him. Would like to see a 50/50 between him and essien tho (not in a match situation ovbiously, training or something :P).

Thats bollocks.

You can tell by a players face if he intends on busting someone. He DOES NOT go in to take people out :rolleyes:

well hes a awful tackler then if he actually tries to win the ball

You should listen to yourself :lol:

Whats the point of him playing football if he doesnt want to win the ball. I've never once denied he's wreckless at times, but to say he has no intention of winning the ball is insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

well ok, i agree with you Tri-Blue, but he certainly doesnt try to win only the ball. He certainly has an eye on the player tho i think. Yes it's good to get the ball and the player, but he's gotta get the poxy ball first. JT is the best at it, he takes the ball and puts the player in row K. He doesn't go in high or reckless. If anyone can teach him, its the captain himself. Essien goes in the same way as Obi, just ask Ben Haim lol. I wonder how many africans get sent off in the african nations cup, if they all tackle like that, there will be a good few. I must admit, ive seen lots of african players tackle like that, not just our boys.

most the time mikel goes for the ball, i don't think he really ever has intent to injure the opposing player he just doesn't no how to keep his cool sometimes.. most of his res cards are from him just losing it from either making mistakes or either getting tackled or pushed off the ball and not getting awarded a free kick.. He needs to learne how to jus stay calm and he would be a better player for us..

Mikel has grown with us into a fantastic player in such a short space of time, he is now vital to the way we play and building the attacks from the back. What we have to remember is that before he came to us his total playing experience was with the Nigeria youth team and some random club in Norway! He has then been chucked into the premier league.

Mikel previously was always an attack minded player so the defensive side of the game, the breaking play up and being in the right places is not natural to him and he is clearly working on it. Also at his age players are always a bit rash with how they play and is to be expected.

He is not dangerous or dirty but one who is learning his game and who is still very young.

He's a bit reckless, but more than likely refs are being racist because hes very, very black and it brings out all their stereotype fears.

LAUGH OUT LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD THIS GUY IS COMEDY FB YOU HAVE MADE ME WET MYSELF HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

WHAT THE FUCK WOULD THIS FORUM DO WITHOUT FB HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!