Man City vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my view there is only one team that can stop us winning the title, and that is ourselves. If we don't show enough respect to certain teams and match that with effort and application, we'll be the architects of our own undoing.

Defintly.And thats what happened with us last year we just had complete random games where we didnt turn up and nearly cost us in the end

Think loosing yesterday hope so anyway be more of a wake up call.Reminding not every game be a walk in the park and teams randomly turn over.Got a tough run coming up and now the time to show that we're not a team that can win against so called nobodies etc...Meida been waiting for us to slip up so expect back lash and doom and gloom and all

FC MANCHESTER CITY VS FC CHELSEA LONDON 1:0

goalkeeper: cech

defense: ivanovic - terry - alex - cole

midfield: essien - mikel (zhirkov 68min.) - ramires (mceachran 80min.)

attack: anelka - Drogba (sturridge 74min.) - malouda

damn.. we lost the first game in the new premier league season, but it was a verry difficult one!!

damn.. it´s not easy to win points away in the city of manchester stadium vs manchester city!!

damn.. i miss my africans jose bosingwa & salomon kalou in the lineup, are there any injury news??

damn.. i miss my assist & goalscorer frank lampard in the lineup, are there any injury news??

We missed Lamps. An all too similar midfield trio of Mikel, Ess and R7 gave us nothing going forward. Also, both overwhelmingly defensive midfields cancelled each other out. We got no width going forwards either. Ash didn't bomb down the left as we've become used to see him doing. Ivan didn't either. And Drogba was so isolated upfront it seemed we were playing 10 against 12. We were crying out for a Lampard or a Benayoun in midfield just to make a run at the box, spray the ball to the flanks, beat a player or two ... in other words, do something other than getting a foot in and hoping for the best, but injuries did us in the end.

LMAO my connection got broken during the first half but my stream kept working. I didn't understand that at all lol.

It was a tough game for us, well played by Citeh. We certainly missed Lampard. Pity that Essien didn't score from those positions he was in, and it wasn't just one. MOTM for me De Jong, again. His performances are fantastic against us lol.

LMAO my connection got broken during the first half but my stream kept working. I didn't understand that at all lol.

It was a tough game for us, well played by Citeh. We certainly missed Lampard. Pity that Essien didn't score from those positions he was in, and it wasn't just one. MOTM for me De Jong, again. His performances are fantastic against us lol.

And so they should be; he is in there with 2 other holding midfielders (Barry/Yaya) breaking up play with 4 spare defenders behind him defending deep on the edge of their box. If he doesn't have a good game under those circumstances when will he ever? The true test of talent for holding midfielders is when there are just 2 central defenders behind him, the fullbacks bombing on and all the other midfield players are advanced.

A defensive midfielder playing well in a defense minded team is nothing supsrising nor should it be acknowledged in my opinion

Look at this photo - 5xtx68.jpg

9 outfield City players behind the ball and that was the pattern for most of the game. You could replace him with Robbie Savage and he would have put in the same performence.