BLionheart

i thought this might just summarize our transfer window for this summer

Arrivals:

• Ramires (£17m from Benfica)
  • Yossi Benayoun (£5.5m from Liverpool)
  • Tomas Kalas (£5m from Sigma Olomouc)

Departures:

• Ricardo Carvalho (£6m to Real Madrid)
  • Michael Ballack (free to Bayer Leverkusen)
  • Deco (free to Fluminese)
  • Joe Cole (released, now at Liverpool)
  • Juliano Belletti (released, now at Fluminense)
  • Miroslav Stoch (undisclosed to Fenerbahce)
  • Rhys Taylor (loan to Crewe)
  • Tomas Kalas (loan to Sigma Olomouc)
  • Danny Philliskirk (loan to Oxford)
  • Ryan Bertrand (loan to Nottingham Forest)
  • Ben Gordon (loan to Kilmarnock)
  • Scott Sinclair (£500,000, rising to £1m to Swansea)
  • Jack Cork (loan to Burnley)
  • Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi (free to Peterborough)
  • Michael Mancienne (loan to Wolves)
  • Nemanja Matic (loan to Vittese)
  • Matej Delac (loan to Vittese)
  • Rajkovic (loan to Vittese)
  • Franco Di Santo (undisclosed to Wigan)

Edited by BLionheart

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of youngsters out on loans is incredible, I can't remember it being that many for some time. In terms of players coming in, I'm happy with Delac, Kalas, Ramires and Benayoun. Delac is highly-rated (Kalas must be as well for that amount of money), and Ramires looks a very exciting player. I've always liked Yossi, just a shame he isn't five years younger! Still a very good player who already looks to be fitting in.

The amount of youngsters out on loans is incredible, I can't remember it being that many for some time. In terms of players coming in, I'm happy with Delac, Kalas, Ramires and Benayoun. Delac is highly-rated (Kalas must be as well for that amount of money), and Ramires looks a very exciting player. I've always liked Yossi, just a shame he isn't five years younger! Still a very good player who already looks to be fitting in.

you are gonna have to be happy with only benayoun and ramires because kalas is out on loan and so is delac now :whistling:

Source

Not too much wrong with how we have gone about things this summer, we have a very good squad of 25 players with lots of versatile players and top class players with a sprinkling to youth and quality youth too. Similar of youngsters on loan to last season at the moment, loans seem to be a negative at the moment, the players kept on have not been out on loan (other than Van Aanholt). Got rid of the right players at the right time also and cut a massive wedge off our wage bill.

Not too much wrong with how we have gone about things this summer, we have a very good squad of 25 players with lots of versatile players and top class players with a sprinkling to youth and quality youth too. Similar of youngsters on loan to last season at the moment, loans seem to be a negative at the moment, the players kept on have not been out on loan (other than Van Aanholt). Got rid of the right players at the right time also and cut a massive wedge off our wage bill.

yes , not too much wrong ... i agree with you but not too much right as well .

At them moment I'm not too worried about the squad size. If we see a few injuries though, we could be in trouble, escpecially when most of our attacking options are on the wrong side of 25...

i can't see us having any problems in attack , we have a lot of options there malouda - Drogba - anelka with subs as (zhirkov - kalou - benayoun) also

we have three very promising youngsters of kakuta - sturridge - borini , so i am not worried at all about this area , if anything i am only afraid kakuta and borini won't get enough chances (hope i will be proved wrong in that part)

the area where we don't have enough cover is obviously our defense , currently we have iva , bos and terry out also bruma is injured so we are gonna have to push either essien or mikel back to our defense . but hopefully they will be back very soon and only some of them will miss west-ham's game .

but if a situation like this repeated it self we might end up starting with ferrera - bruma - alex - a.cole and tbh i am not gonna be very comfortable with that line of defense .

i can't see us having any problems in attack , we have a lot of options there malouda - Drogba - anelka with subs as (zhirkov - kalou - benayoun) also

we have three very promising youngsters of kakuta - sturridge - borini , so i am not worried at all about this area , if anything i am only afraid kakuta and borini won't get enough chances (hope i will be proved wrong in that part)

the area where we don't have enough cover is obviously our defense , currently we have iva , bos and terry out also bruma is injured so we are gonna have to push either essien or mikel back to our defense . but hopefully they will be back very soon and only some of them will miss west-ham's game .

but if a situation like this repeated it self we might end up starting with ferrera - bruma - alex - a.cole and tbh i am not gonna be very comfortable with that line of defense .

So just say Drogba and Malouda get season ending injures? Would you be confident with Anelka and Kalou leading the Premier League and CL title charge???

this has been a terrible start to the season in terms of the short pre season followed by interruptions due to internationals ...the transfer window is also an unsettling period with constant rumours and speculation. All these factors affect fans thinking . But consider our actual results in the 3

games played so far , Last year this was forum was so negative at times when one or two results went against us . Now we are getting

pessiimism when we are 100% and TOP of the league ,,,,,the season starts properly in nine days time ....Lets look forward to it .

KTF and K T B F F

Good Summer. The rebuilding process has finally begun now under Ancelotti, out went Ballack, Deco, Carvalho, Beletti and Joe Cole. Taking their place in the squad is young, hungry and talented players.

Yossi is a good signing, has done well so far in the amount of time he has gotten, slots very comfortably into midfield. Kalas is a highly rated defender, out on loan but we should see him next season. Ramires will prove to be the signing of the Summer, the problems we had last season was mainly a lack of pace and energy in midfield when Lampard, Mikel and Ballack had to play in there for a good portion of the season, Ramires certainly solves that problem. Should prove to be a vital addition.

Good Summer. The rebuilding process has finally begun now under Ancelotti, out went Ballack, Deco, Carvalho, Beletti and Joe Cole. Taking their place in the squad is young, hungry and talented players.

Yossi is a good signing, has done well so far in the amount of time he has gotten, slots very comfortably into midfield. Kalas is a highly rated defender, out on loan but we should see him next season. Ramires will prove to be the signing of the Summer, the problems we had last season was mainly a lack of pace and energy in midfield when Lampard, Mikel and Ballack had to play in there for a good portion of the season, Ramires certainly solves that problem. Should prove to be a vital addition.

:goodpost: well said ...glass always half full

So just say Drogba and Malouda get season ending injures? Would you be confident with Anelka and Kalou leading the Premier League and CL title charge???

So whats the solution? Sign Torres and Aguero and say to them, "well you sit on the bench and if Drogba and Malouda get injuries then you can play" There is only so much cover you can have, and certainly the cover will only be up to a certain standard. Yes at the moment we have Ivanovic, Terry, Bosingwa and Bruma out. You just can't allow for these sorts of things, you just have to deal with them however you can. We have a defensive squad of Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Ferreira, Bosingwa, Cole, Zhirkov, Bruma and Van Aanholt. How much cover can you have? Ok you lose 3 centre backs you are in trouble but how can you ever cover for that?

So whats the solution? Sign Torres and Aguero and say to them, "well you sit on the bench and if Drogba and Malouda get injuries then you can play" There is only so much cover you can have, and certainly the cover will only be up to a certain standard. Yes at the moment we have Ivanovic, Terry, Bosingwa and Bruma out. You just can't allow for these sorts of things, you just have to deal with them however you can. We have a defensive squad of Terry, Alex, Ivanovic, Ferreira, Bosingwa, Cole, Zhirkov, Bruma and Van Aanholt. How much cover can you have? Ok you lose 3 centre backs you are in trouble but how can you ever cover for that?

may be keep carvahlo :whistling:

the problem again is that ivanovic is the main cover for bosingwa , terry and alex . one player can't cover for three places because his injury will count as two injured players the back up RB and the CB .

ferrera is not a reliable back up nowadays , i mean he gets ripped appart by the likes of wigan , westbrom. and stoke what will he do if we had to play him against arsenal or man city or man utd .

Alex only played 25 games last season (ok he was injured for some time), but he really needs to play. And having Bosingwa back allows rotation at the back. It would be really strange to have Ivanovic, Bosingwa and another CB injured at the same time.

At them moment I'm not too worried about the squad size. If we see a few injuries though, we could be in trouble, escpecially when most of our attacking options are on the wrong side of 25...

you have been listening to fergiespeak ,,,but it was last year he said our squad was too old ....now he says scholes and giggs can play until theyre

over 40 .....Injuries seem to happen as much to young players as older ones ....I think there is a lot of mileage left in drogs and anelka ...

anelka seems to maturing like a vintage french whine ,,,not too be confused with wenger or gallas who are just bog standard whines..

looking throughout our squad I think we are developing a perfect blend of youth and experience..

I saw the legendary Stan Mathews playing against wolves ,who were then Englands top side ,,,Stan that day played centre forward rather than on the

wing ...he ran rings round Billy Wright who was england centre half and captain ...he capped the day with a goal from halfway ...the point of this..

Mathews was 48 at the time ,,,he was later to lead Stoke back to the top division at age 50 ..

yes I know the game has moved on ...but players are by no means on their last legs at 30 ...